Monday, March 18, 2024

BOWL COSY'S

 


Well... I'm of two minds on what I want to do this morning.

I could go for a solo walk around the lake, or I could just stay home and get into the sewing room.

Bowl Cosy's are top of the list to get done this week.

ABOVE:  😂😅😊... the start of the 'blanked out faces' photos!

I'm not allowed to put the faces of other FBG's on here.  So, my happy face is the only one you get to see.

As I've said before, I aim to attend one FBG walk a week.  Let's see if I can do that eh?

The rest of the time I'll just walk on me own around the lake. 

ABOVE:  Anne, here is the recipe for our Carrot Dish.  It is really lovely, and healthy.  You have to use quite a few carrots to get a good amount once mashed up.  Check it is cooked in the middle before taking it out of the oven... sometimes it can take longer than an hour, depending on how big an amount you make.
 

CATCH YA LATER...

It's now 11 am.

I've been out all morning.

First up:




ABOVE:  I did a VERY BRISK walk around the lake.  I hadn't intended on doing a fast one, but about 10 minutes into the walk I started to wonder:  "Did I lock the car?"... and then started freaking out that I hadn't.  (I've done that before).

So I kept my pace fast all the way so I could get back to the car quick smart.

AND... THE BLOODY THING WAS LOCKED.  Grrrr.

But, it was a good walk.  Stunning weather today, with a nice coolness in the shade.  

ABOVE: Freakin hot! I had sweat running down from my head to me butt!  Not a nice image eh?  lol



ABOVE:  Once I had cooled down, I did a very quick inspect of the new Lincraft shop here in Hamilton.  I had fully expected it to be swarming with shoppers.

NOPE. There were like 5 of us in there, plus two staff.

I was very surprised.  But not really, as it's very similar to Spotlight, but less on offer.   And parking in the centre of town is abysmal. I was lucky and got a park just around the corner.

Bex tells me now that the car park building opposite the shop is free.  Hmmm, it wasn't back in the day.

I will probably go back for a more intense look around another day, but really I'll probably only go in there for their plain cottons, which are a bit cheaper than Spotlight.


ABOVE:  I went into KMart and found this bucket, which I'm gunna fill with Bowl Cosy's by the end of the week.

Talking of bowl cosy's, that's me next job.

Like now...

FELICITY:  I get vouchers from Spotlight about once a month.  Usually $40 off if I spend over $100.  But, it's only a saving if you actually need to spend over $100 right?  I'm not spending money when I don't need to.

5 pm:  I've spent all afternoon cutting out bowl cosy squares.  And I'm not finished yet!  I still have to cut out all the batting.

Might have to do that tomorrow as my feet are starting to swell, feels yuk.

I have also re-dyed my hair, and I'm quite happy with it for a change.  There's still a bit of 'yellow', but it's not too bad.

I'll show you tomorrow, cos right now it's still a bit wet.  And I don't have me face on.

Can't be taking selfies with no face on!

8 pm:  I stopped cutting bowl cosy's at 6 pm, when Stew arrived home from work.

Then he had his dinner (I had mine at lunchtime).  I've just finished folding up all the washing and put it away.

Time NOW to freakin' well relax for a couple of hours.  

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Go for a walk first, then do your sewing 😊 your body will feel better later for doing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Did U get a voucher for spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:25 PM

    Grr made it anonymous so it wouldn't bounce then didn't put Felicity on it dah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your walk. I recently went to Lincraft in Aus and the quilting section was almost non existent 😪. I use the bowl cosy that you made so much - love it 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try your carrot recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.