Sunday, March 17, 2024

1ST FBG WALK FOR 2024

 


Today is the start of the 2024 FBG Urban Challenge.  And I will be attending the opening walk this afternoon.   I don't expect to complete the Urban Challenge, but I do want to do a walk a week with them if possible.

Keeping up my friendships within the group would be nice.  

The opening walk isn't until 3.30 pm, so until then I will do some work around the house I suppose.

Now.  Stew brought home a 'present' for me after the rugby last night.

Wanna see it?

ABOVE: He won a raffled 'meat pack', in a Bar at the sports ground!

THAT was my 'present'!  Nice one Stew.  I like it, I like it a lot.

I separated it into 5 dinners for us.  SCORE.

And now... I'm off to start my day.

9.43 am: Off to a good start.

Stew has done 'his' grocery shopping for the week, which is just fresh fruit and Diet Coke mainly.

I went and did some washing and hung it out.

Then into the sewing room to do this:

ABOVE:  I got a whole bunch of fabric ready for a run on Bowl Cosy's!

I intend making as many as I can over the next week or so.  I have sold quite a few of late, so some nice fresh new ones are needed.

Luckily, they are nice and easy to make.

Stew and I are off to the Base shortly, he needs to fill a prescription, and then we shall get some algicide to put in the pool, so it stays relatively clean over winter.

We are going to cover it today, after doing a massive clean, chlorine shock and so on.  There is no point not covering it, as it really has not warmed up enough to get in over the past two weeks.   That will be one less job for me to worry about every day.

ABOVE:  Like so pissed off right now.  Plans we had changed.  We were going to enjoy a visit from 'XYZ' today, but now it's not going to happen.  Never mind how the abrupt 'cancel' affects US.  Fucking angry.

Stew is outside working on the pool.  I'm about to make some lovely savoury scones for our lunch.  At least I won't have to make as many now.

ABOVE:  I just love being able to pick flowers from our garden.  So pretty.  

5.55 pm:  Well that was fun!   I thoroughly enjoyed the first official walk of the year with the FBG's.

ABOVE:  I arrived and parked... and my friend Christine came over and told me I didn't 'fit in' there!
Yep, the only coloured car amongst the whites.  Rather funny.
A bit later another car filled the only gap, and it was dark red.
Phew, not the odd one out after that.

ABOVE:  Walking to the starting point, a good group of us today.  We split into two groups, 'fast' and 'slower' walkers.
I decided I'd join the 'fast'.  Worked out well.
The pace was actually slower than my usual pace, but it was OK.  It's not a race.

ABOVE:  The walk stats.  We ended up doing a second little 'bit', as it got missed on the first go around.

After the walk we all converged on the local eatery for a drink (coffee, coke etc). We had given them prior warning of our arrival, and even booked a separate room.
But service was dismal sadly.  It took over 15 minutes for them to deliver my coke, and some people waited even longer than that for their coffee. 
I know if we have a post walk drink there again, I'll be taking in my diet coke!

Stew cooked dinner for us this evening.  First time in  many, many months he's done that.
He did well!
We had Garlic Steak, mashed potatoes and our lovely carrot dish.  It was delicious.
AND there's plenty of carrot dish left over for us to enjoy for a couple more days.

8 pm:  pleasantly tired.  Looking forward to a quiet evening in front of the telly.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the box of meat win! Enjoy your wolk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs. Sorry about your being cancelled. Meat raffles are very popular here. I did like the look of your prize, nice variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 PM

    At least you hadn't already made the scones! So disappointing when plans change especially when it is out of your control. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love those meat raffles, never seem to win them though. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Nice present

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Carrot dish recipe Chris? Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will put it up tomorrow on the blog Anne.

      Delete
  7. Your FBG walks are so neat. Very cool that you have something like that nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.