Sunday, March 24, 2024

JUST BIT'S 'N' BOBS TODAY

 


If the weather forecast is correct, today should be fine.

In which case, Stew wants to mow the lawns etc.

And I'll get some washing done and out on the line.

After that, I'm going to paint one of our market stands, it's gotten all dirty.

THEN I will get back into the sewing room and do some more Bowl Cosy's.

And that's about it for now.

Just a quiet Sunday around here.

ONWARD...

12.30 pm, and we have had a good morning.

Did my painting then we went out to the Base to look at .... ovens!

Yep, I'm already plotting my next job within the house.

I'm very keen on getting a free standing, multi-function oven/cooktop.

There's quite a few to choose from, and a HUGE price variance as well.

Top of the possibilities right now:

ABOVE:  I am certainly leaning towards a gas cooktop and electric oven(s).  This one really appeals to me.




ABOVE: The next three (above) are all Belling Multi-Function ovens, with either a gas cooktop or Induction cooktop.

I now have to get a quote from an electrician, to see if our power board can handle an induction cooktop, and if not, what it would cost to re-wire for the new oven... 

OR

Get a quote from a Gasfitter to see what it would cost to get the existing gas line extended into the kitchen to accommodate a gas cooktop.

Clearly this is not going to happen overnight!

I have to get our new sliding doors into the family room first.

But, there is no harm doing the 'homework' now for the new oven/cooktop for the kitchen.

VICKIE:  In answer to your question:

ABOVE:  Our kitchen layout in this area.  There is a wall oven that is as old as the house, and bearing signs of wear and tear.

ABOVE:  It also has some obvious cracks here and there, and no matter how much I scrub it, there's always inground grime.  It's ikky.


ABOVE:  The Ceramic cook top is OK... as long as you are not in a hurry for things to heat up!  It's so slow I often want to take a sledge hammer to it.  I loathe it with a passion. 

When we get a new unit, it will be, I'm pretty sure, gas.
I love a gas hob, instant heat and we have had two homes in the past with gas hobs.  We love them.

We are considering an all-in-one unit due to costs.  It's much more economical to buy one unit, as opposed to two separate units. (oven AND cooktop).

I am leaning towards the BEKO Multi-function oven from Heathcote's at the moment, as long as getting gas to the kitchen isn't going to cost an arm and a leg!

OK, it's now 10.18 pm.  We blobbed out all afternoon I reckon.  Ate some shit we shouldn't have.
Had home made wedges for dinner.  Yeah.  Just a totally 'don't give a shit' day when it came to food choices.

Since dinner, I've been watching random YouTube videos of singers from Britain's Got Talent, which was entertaining if nothing else.
Ya all know there's five 8ths of fuck all on TV eh?

Now?  Might bugger off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Was out yesterday so just read your blog from yesterday. Just wanted to comment on portion sizes (please don’t get me wrong, I’ve had 5-6 kilos I need to lose for 10;years, am far from perfect). But I notice the size of what you order, then the usual comment of how sick you felt. Have you thought of ordering for example, the pie, then if you want chips, order after you eat the pie, and only one serve. Then maybe share a piece of cake? I can eat with the best of them, and am guilty at times of my eyes being bigger than my belly. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Kiwionholidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwionholidays10:56 AM

    Hiya wanted to comment on yesterdays post but was after midnight your time so left it for now💯🥝
    What a fabulous day you ones had and the photos were stunning
    That wee dog thinks she owns wee Lily
    How fabulous is that
    Such neat memories and great to share them here with us
    Fabulous weather where we are cooled down so always nice time of year,
    Us Kiwi can’t handle too much heat and humidity lol
    Have a nice day there ,,,,


    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were going to go free standing in our kitchen, then pulled out the one currently there and saw the absolute filth behind and around it! Never again! :D We are getting a wall one built in and an induction cooktop separate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:48 PM

    I am trying to picture what type of stove/oven you have now - ?

    I have a gas top with an electric oven. I am used to gas top, it is what I have almost always had. (I think I suffered with an electric top in an apartment after college, for a short time.)

    Mine, now, is a slide in, so nothing raised at the back, very similar to your photos. I have gone thru two of them over the course of 22+ years at current house. I really like them.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:52 PM

    I have just had a Miele induction cooktop installed. Instant electric heat. Boils water quicker than the electric kettle. What I like is the cleanup, gas cooktop is so damned hard to clean, usually a scrubbing job, induction, just a wipe over. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of the day, it will depend on what's going to be less expensive to get installed... gas line to kitchen, or up the power capacity to cope with an induction cooktop. We are still in the 'find out' phase. Though I do love gas hobs!

      Delete
  7. Love my gas cooktop. I have Westinghouse freestanding but the seal went very early on and ruined the knobs. Looking for replacement too and I'd choose the top... although i have a single 90cm door which is awesome, i dont use it a lot because its huge for one thing. Good for roast and baking though. I also have a wee bench top oven that i thrash so that heathcotes one would be awesome 👌

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi chick from a cleaners point of view and the fact we do a lot of apartment and Air bnb and bachcare houses a lot have the first oven very popular

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a gas cooktop and would never get it again. Induction is amazing and much quicker. Surely any electrician can make sure induction would work for you? My daughter just has a cheap Kmart induction cooker on her bench and only uses that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh.. That sounds like a project that won't stop there.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.