Saturday, March 23, 2024

NO PLANS TODAY

 


We really do not have any plans for today.

It is supposed to be a very wet day.

Probably a perfect day to just stay indoors and blob out.

NOT that I can imagine me blobbing out for long really.

I'm on a roll with making bowl cosy's, so shall in all likelihood just get back to making more.

I'm loving seeing my stock build up, I doubt I'll need to make any more bowl cosy's for months after this lot are done.

I have made 59 Bowl Cosy's in the past 4 days.

One of our neighbours has asked Steve to come over this afternoon to give her a quote on building her a new fence.

So we can look forward to a visit from him (and maybe the family) later on this afternoon.

I am curious if she wants a fence like mine, or a 'normal' one!  Something tells me it will be a 'normal' one.  But we will see.

ONWARD...

10.50 am:  And now we have some plans.

I've spent the morning sorting out bowl cosy's, what will go where in our market stall.

What 'extra' ones I need to make as back up stash etc.

And now that's done, I came up with a neat idea for our lunch time activity.

ABOVE:  I have had this Swamp Kauri clock for 24 years.  It was on my Dad's last couple of boats.

It hasn't gone for many, many years, and I've said to myself "I must get this fixed' umpteen times.

Today I'm going to get it fixed.

There is a clock shop in Tirau, so that is where we are going today.

We will ask them to fix it, then go have lunch somewhere nice in Tirau.

NICE PLAN.

DOGSTARS... make an area to put all those collectibles. Then look at them individually. 

If it brings YOU JOY, KEEP IT.

If its still lovely, but you don't want it, offer it to friends and family.

If its not gifted away, and is still in good condition,  give it to an op shop.

If its broken or butt ugly, TOSS IT OUT! 

I have decluttered every single time we have moved house.

Its a damn good feeling.

3.40 pm:  Well our trip to Tirau was a success.  We dropped my clock off at the Clock Shop, then had an amazing lunch at our usual place there.

ABOVE: We both had a Beef and Bacon pie, with wedges.


ABOVE:  We both opted for a piece of cake as well.

AND... there was no way I could eat all of mine.

It was just TOO MUCH FOOD.

I started to feel rather ill in fact.

Not that there was anything wrong with the food, it was all delicious.


ABOVE: That's what the weather was like all the way there, and back.

Thankfully it has eased up now, as Steve and I are going over to my neighbor's home shortly re: her fence.

Steve, Bex and the kids are then staying here for dinner.

Steve ... sitting on the couch.  The dogs are allowed up if there's a blanket to sit on.

So Steve gets the blanket and up jumps Coco.  But Marley wouldn't, cos she knows she's not usually allowed on the couch.

No amount of encouraging her to jump up worked. 

UNTIL... 

ABOVE:  Until Steve got hold of Lily.  Then Marley was up there in a shot!

She just LOVES that baby.


ABOVE: I wonder how long she will love the baby, once baby starts chasing her around and scragging her?  lol

ABOVE:  A nice glass of 'Ha Ha'.  Such a nice little bubbly wine, in my gorgeous bubble wine glass. (there's bubbles in the glass structure)

9.02 pm:  We have had a lovely evening.  Kids have gone home and we are just blobbing out until bedtime.  Which won't be too long from now, cos I'm tired.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Am thinking you’d better take a few bowls to market with you, if most people are as dim as I am you’ll be getting lots of questions about “um....is this a rice holder” (I’ve actually never seen a bowl cosy before). Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:08 AM

      I agree.

      I wonder if you should find non-breakable very light weight bowls to use on your display.

      You could put a note in the bottom of each bowl saying “bowls not included”.

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. I am doing a massive spring cleaning, and I keep coming upon "collectibles" . I have no idea what to do with them. Keep, store, toss, donate? It's doing my head in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:40 AM

      I have been aggressively decluttering/cleaning out since 2018.

      I agree, deciding what to do with things is the hardest part. My suggestion is start with the easiest stuff.

      I started with a very large garage sale. Then sold the leftovers on Facebook marketplace at garage sale/very low prices (all during the pandemic when resale shops were closed and demand was high).

      Now I am to the point that I only list/sell what is too large/awkward to donate. I have a favorite locally owned donation shop.

      I heard someone on a podcast today say she has been cleaning out for a year and a half and she makes a trip to donate every single Thursday. So she probably loads her trunk all week, drops off on Thursday.

      Dana K White (Texas) has an excellent podcast on this topic. She has audio/books too.

      Vickie

      Delete
    2. My reply is on the blog chick.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:36 PM

    https://www.spotlightstores.com/nz/art-craft/crafts-hobbies/magnets-clock-making Spotlight has lots of clock making parts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Lily looks content and Marley looks so pleased.
    Steve is looking good.
    It rained terrible here all day those pies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Lily looks so cute and wee smile think she gonna be like her big brothers and love the dogs. Thankfully here the weather held out and a beautiful day moving is so much easier when it's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Bugger sorry Chris never made it anonymous. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:33 AM

    I wonder if your lunch would have been perfect if you would have ordered one of each, total, and then split everything.

    That would give you a taste, without the over full. The over full seems to be a continuing problem.

    Stew can always have a snack at home, later, if he is still hungry.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOO that meal looks neat! Never had anything like that. Hope they can fix your clock for you. Snookie loves the babies but not so much the 3 year old lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.