Thursday, March 07, 2024

TOYS AND A BABY QUILT

 



Two things to show ya first up today.

The reason Marley has been getting into mischief the past few days...

ABOVE:  I had put all Marley's toys up to vacuum the floors.  Forgot to put them down again eh?

So, she was BORED.

Perfect sense she would hunt out something else to play with eh?

So, she's got all her toys back now... hopefully my fabric is safe again.


ABOVE:  Coco better get away from them!  Marley is very attached to her toys and doesn't like to share.

Coco doesn't give a rats arse really, she's never been into toys at all.

ABOVE: Talking of Coco, she gets groomed in 6 days, she certainly needs it. (see the leaf hanging off her face?)

Every day we have copious amounts of dead/dry leaves scattered throughout the house.

There's why.  Coco gets into the garden, then comes inside with leaves stuck on her face/snout.  *sigh*

I'm constantly picking them up.  And it's NOT even truly Autumn yet.

Joy.

ABOVE: This is the little project I started late yesterday.

It's a little quilt for Lily... I anticipate finishing it in a day or two as it's a panel, and only needs a small amount of stitching done on it.

I'm going to the supermarket this morning.  I did some meal planning yesterday and need a few things to make said meals with.  

Once home I'll get back into the sewing room.

CATCH YA LATER...

10.45 am:  finally home from my trip to the supermarket.

I also had to stop in at Spotlight for a new clip for the gazebo, something I've been meaning to get for months!

I had a massive 'WIN' today, just something that hit home and I was so happy about.  No explanation really, just know I am happy.

And now the groceries are away, and I'm about to start quilting that cot quilt for Lily.


ABOVE: And that's done and already in use.

I just spent a couple of hours with Steve, Bex and kids while Stew was at the pub.  Lily was being a fussy little baby, grizzling and crying... so typical for a baby to do that in the evening.  Best thing is once she goes to bed for the night, she sleeps for a good 5-6 hours.

So Stew and I are home now and it's time to wind down for the day.  I've had a good day, got that quilt for Lily done and off my mind.

Now I can sit back and just relax till the next market.  I have enough stock for now.
Catch ya tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 AM

    The quilt for Lily looks like it is going to be a stunner. Such beautiful colors. Can't wait to see it. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't made a fish runner in a while......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:26 AM

    The owls are very cute. Love the softer colors.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:58 PM

      What size/measurements do you use for cot quilts?

      Vickie

      Delete
  4. That Owl quilt is so wonderful Chris and is obviously going to get a lot of use 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Wow....Lilly is so strong already, lifting her head etc...on her beautiful quilt....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Oh that quilt is Devine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce O9:23 PM

    Love the quilt mum, looks good👌🏾.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:25 PM

    That baby quilt for Lily is gorgeous (and something she can keep forever) 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:25 PM

    That baby quilt for Lily is gorgeous (and something that she can keep forever) 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:32 PM

    The quilt is stunning Chris, they would sell so well at the markets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:18 AM

      It’s meMaggie from Melbourne Aus

      Delete
  11. RuthW in MD1:34 AM

    Oh, that baby quilt is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I love the blue and green shades, the creatures have such interesting faces, and Lily was looking at the moon! You are a quick worker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:33 AM

    Lily will cherish that quilt for the rest of her life. It is beautiful!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lily's quilt is gorgeous! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:38 PM

    The quilt for Lily is beautiful. I love to quilt as well. She is growing so quickly. LindaV

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.