Wednesday, March 06, 2024

NO MORE MADAM!

 


I often let the dogs stay in the sewing room when I go out, so they can sit there and watch what's going on in the street.  They love it.

Lately I've noticed fabric is being moved around... I have a big box of Kiwiana Fabrics under my cutting table, and yesterday I found several pieces in the garage?

And the box has been chewed.  

Right.  Stake out time.

I took Coco into the family room with me, and left Marley in the garage/sewing room.

And yep, when I went back in an hour later, there she was with a hoard of fabric in bed with her!

The little tart.  So now I know I can't let her in the sewing room on her own.  What a pain.

I am constantly having to 'Marley proof' every room!  She's so naughty.  

Cute.  But naughty.  😕😖😊

Today I will get back to working on 'Duck, Duck... Goose'.

ABOVE:  I have two Tree Runners on the go as well... and I hope to get all three of these runners finished by Saturday.

Our next market in on Sunday, in Cambridge. 

The other thing I want to do today is to sit down and plan out our dinners for the next week, so I don't go off track too much.

Does anyone do that, plan meals in advance?

CATCH YA LATER...

12.15 pm:  And the Duck, Duck, Goose is done:

ABOVE:  I had thought of doing another one of these, but meh.  I'm not loving it so will just keep it at this one.

I'm now taking a lunch break before I do anything else.

ABOVE:  Stew was in the Waikato Times yesterday, talking about an aspect of his job. Link below if you are interested.

https://www.waikatotimes.co.nz/nz-news/350196391/setting-power-attorney-about-choice-says-public-trust?cx_testId=3&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=7&utm_source=localised_module#cxrecs_s  

I have had me lunch, had a short lie in the sun (too many clouds), followed up by a shower and hair wash.  And now I'm not bothered or inclined to do anything else.

7.09 pm:  Well I did start something else late this afternoon.  I'll give you a sneak peek tomorrow.

I've also figured out WHY Marley has been raiding my fabric boxes.  Again, tomorrow.

Cos right now, I'm actually really tired (so is Stew) and we just want a quiet evening.

NOT sleeping that well, either of us. Stew can't get his brain to switch off in the middle of the night, and for me it's the heat mostly.

So yeah, signing off for the day.

CATCH YA TOMORROW.

13 comments:

  1. I menu plan every week. I get Hello Fresh some weeks which makes it easy. I start with what I already have in the fridge, freezer & cupboards then base meals around that. Saves heaps of money & makes dinner time easy cos we know what meals we are having. If we don’t feel like whatever is for that night we swap it out for another on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:21 AM

    I pretty much try to figure out how many times I am going to have to eat something that I've cooked. Cooking mainly for myself I end up eating the same dish for lunch and dinner, usually twice each. I am tired of cooking and tired of eating what I cook. Oh well, it is all good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I have several suggestions -

    Consider not plan a specific meal for a specific day, instead plan a week’s worth of food and then decide what you feel like making from that list each day.

    I know people who plan a couple weeks worth of meals and then just repeat the weeks.

    Some people assign a category for each day (taco/mexican, crock pot, meat and potatoes, casserole, grill, soup, etc) and then go from there.

    I cook most of my meat as I buy it and freeze in portions. This is cooking chicken breasts, shredding, freezing. Cooking ground beef or turkey and freezing.

    I try not to cook too big of portions. I cook so we eat one portion each for dinner and one portion each for lunch the next day. (I mention this because it is very different than cooking for a family.) I strategically avoid there being enough for seconds.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to menu plan, don’t always do it though. It does make it easier for food shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:28 PM

    I don't know if you belong to the AA but they have disounts for the Autumn on the trains. Might be worth a look. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Goose duck runner is bright and cute. They must be soooooo much work. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't say that I'm good at food planning ... or rather sticking to it!! Love the new runner - how cool would that look in a child's bedroom - or on a kitchen island top. Love it!! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:17 PM

    Way to go, Stew! Nice article on an important issue. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do NOT NOT NOT plan. Anything. I am not a planner. Not my meals, not my week, not my house cleaning regimen... Completely Spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Way to go, Stew! Can I have your autograph now you're famous? Nice pic and a very important topic, too. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are about to set up a power of attorney for Stu's father. Hopefully we get it all done before it's needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe make up 21 favourite dishes or 14 shuffle them face down turn
    One over each day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cause then SURPRISE that’s what’s for dinner

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.