Saturday, March 02, 2024

BEAUTIUFL

 


Sad to say I slept better in Palmy than I did in my own bed last night!

It's cooler down in Palmy, that's what made the difference.  

Bring on cooler weather I say.  I'm done being hot.

Bex sent me this photo of Lily yesterday:

ABOVE: She's smiling!  And you can see it in her eyes now.  And look at those little thighs!  She's now 4.7 kg, ALMOST up to what her Daddy weighed at birth.  (4.88 kgs)  Isn't she just BEAUTIFUL.

ABOVE: Another little cutie, Sandra and Neil's little girl, Dee Dee.

She's just so friendly, and loves to play catch like Marley.

She's 1 year old and is quite a handful.  She eats things she shouldn't and has been to the vet to have her stomach pumped out TWICE already!

She's a rather expensive little dog.  

But too cute to get mad at.


ABOVE:  Mt Ruapehu yesterday, almost no snow but so clear!  I could literally see the rocks on the top of the mountain.


ABOVE: Mt Ngauruhoe, NO SNOW.  I don't think I've ever seen it with absolutely no snow before.

It felt surreal seeing them so stark and clear.

Now... back to today.

I've got a bit of housework to do, catch up on the washing etc.  Stew did an excellent job of keeping the house tidy while I was away... not that he could mess it up much in just two days eh? lol

Stew will do his usual weekend shopping then some yard work as far as I know.

I'd love to catch up with the kids today or tomorrow as well.

So, let's see how the day pans out.

CATCH YA LATER...

2.11 pm:  Well Stew and I have/ are busy.

We went to the supermarket and I bought some stuff to make the dish Joyce served me with the other night.... the deconstructed sushi.

ABOVE:  I might have used the wrong vinegar, time will tell how it tastes.  I'm sure it will be fine though.


ABOVE:  I have three more Funky Bird Runners on the go.

But I have to stop 'cos Steve, Bex and their kids are coming to visit.

That will be lovely. 

7.49 pm:  We had a very enjoyable visit from Steve, Bex and kids.  Lily was a little sweetie, not too much crying!  

ABOVE:  After they left we had some of the Deconstructed Sushi, and it was delicious.

Then I went back into the sewing room and got those runners ready for stitching.

Now... I've got me feet up and am watching some telly.

Time to sign off for the day, I'm knackered to be honest.

Hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Kiwionholidays1:53 PM

    Fabulous pics of the trip home etc and thanksfor sharing memories of places we know and remember,
    The trip away was quick but productive,so now it’s catching up with families time

    Enjoy the weekend,,, and much appreciate that you share
    with us on here 👍🥝🕺🏿💯
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Thanks for the mountain pictures. Since I doubt I ever get over there from the US, I really love seeing your terrain and such. Best picture of course is Lily! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Taupō was stunning yesterday snd the mountains looked glorious.
    That deconstructed dish looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:51 AM

    Babies are so flexible! I want to try that deconstructed sushi.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.