Sunday, March 10, 2024

OUR 2ND CAMBRIDGE MARKET FOR 2024

 


Well... it's a market day again.

Starting our new routine of two markets a month over the next 7 months.

Cambridge and Tamahere.  Today it's Cambridge.

So, we are up and almost ready to leave.  It's definitely cooler in the mornings now.  But we are expecting a really good, sunny day.

I've packed some food, so I won't be tempted by hot dogs, chips and such like.  I think Stew is going to indulge though... good for him.

I am going to RESIST.  

RESIST is my WW word.

We had to choose a word to 'live or be inspired by',  for our ongoing 'weight loss journey'.  Mine was RESIST cos, I need to learn to resist all the shitty food I crave.

I'm not sure if I told this story.   I felt like something sweet to eat, so stopped at the supermarket on my way home.

Once inside, I could not decide what I wanted, so I got THE LOT.  $120 worth of rubbish.  Lollies, biscuits, chocolate, Jelly Beans, Turkish Delight, etc.

Then I took it home, and hid it from Stew.  

ABOVE: That was the night I re-organised the pantry at midnight!  Yep, that's the box of 'shit'.

ABOVE: Look at that lot!   And I did look at it, all day long.  Then after WW that night, I told Stew about it ... then made him come with me and we give it all away to Lacy, Steve and Bex!

We didn't have any of it.  

I'm never doing that again... I could have bought 4 meters of fabric for that price!  Such a waste.

Has anyone else done something so DUMB?  

DUMB for me, cos ummm... I'm a diabetic eh? 😂😅😖

Moving on... CRACKERS/CHEESE AND RELISH for my lunch.

CATCH YA LATER...


ABOVE: All set up by 7.50 am.

Decidedly cooler this morning! Which means next month it WILL be freezing. Stew didn't bring long pants today and he's regretting it. I did, plus I have a blankie. 

1.45 pm:  Well it turned out to be a gorgeous day weather-wise.  But that is all I can say that is positive about today's market.  Sadly.

If it's like today next month, we will not continue going to that market.  It's just not worth the effort or damn 5.30 am start to our day.

I don't think many stall holders had a 'good day' either, so I'm not feeling that bummed.

ONWARD EH?

Home now, feet up, CRICKET on the telly for his nibs.   I'm going to think about dinner... might indulge in a takeaway.  Feed the sorrows 😂😅😊.

Must be one of those days.  Our takeaway meal sucked.  Too many 'what the fucks' to even bother telling you.

I'm tired.  I'm crabby.

My eyes feel like they have sand in them.

Signing off before anything else shitty happens.

Might have a bath.  Hope it helps me sleep better tonight.  

BLAH.

6 comments:

  1. Chris, you are a strong woman!!! You didn't eat anything on the way home 😊 you hid it and still didn't eat anything! You made your kids happy lol You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays10:08 AM

    The stall looks fabulous,Hope the sales are going good as well,
    Have a fun day
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow shows are just torturous. I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:39 PM

    That's disappointing for you both. Your stall looks amazing. I love the lolly story. Good on you for owning up. I've done that but Noone to confess too. I have to just chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Forgot to say it was me KJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:43 PM

    That is frustrating to go to all of the hard work you and Stew do to end up having a not stellar day. I think you mentioned having 2 markets per month for the next 7 months? That is a lot of markets. Best of wishes your next market is awesome for you and the other vendors. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.