Thursday, March 28, 2024

SHORT WEEK

 


Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to bore the pants off you today!

I'm not going out.

I'm going to sew all day long.

Bowl Cosy's till they are coming out me ears in fact.

I am determined to have masses of them in my stash!  Yesterday I got 16 made.

I am loving making them right now.  When I get bored of them, I'll go back to making runners.

Before I start sewing this morning though, I MUST tidy up the sewing room floor.  It's a bloody tip!  Threads and scraps of fabric EVERYWHERE.  I kid you not, it's really bad.

I've been traipsing threads and little bits of fabric all through the house stuck on the bottom of me socks, which is rather annoying.

Tomorrow is Easter.  Stew is thrilled to bits, as I'm sure are millions of other people.

A lovely long weekend stretches ahead.

We are planning a couple of day trips out of Hamilton.  Nothing is finalised yet, we are just gunna wing it.  Probably Tauranga tomorrow and ? Saturday.

Sunday we will be staying home.

Awww ya know you are loved when your kid messages you cos you forgot to hit 'PUBLISH' on your post for the day!  Thanks for the heads up Mike.  Love you too.

Did no one else miss me then????

1 pm:  And I've only managed to make 7 bowl cosy's so far today.

Got distracted with other stuff, like HOUSEWORK.

ABOVE: This is the first one I've made in a long time that I really don't like.

It's probably just the colour, not my taste at all.

But I bet someone will love it.  

ABOVE:  Finished for the day on 13.  Only cos I've run outta cotton wadding!

I might just go and get some more, seeing as it's on sale for half price.

ANON:  I'm sure you said "Only 7"😏 tongue in cheek right?  

A quick trip to Spotlight, and I now have more cotton wadding, so I can make more bowl cosy's.

I'm gunna have such a stash soon!

Once Stew arrived home from work, we popped over to visit Steve, Bex and their kids.

Steve had a surgical procedure today and was feeling quite good considering.  

Lily was so cute, till she started screaming.  Luckily, Bex knows how to settle her down fairly fast.

ABOVE: This feijoa tree in their back yard has so much fruit on it, it's falling down!  I'm surprised that huge branch has not snapped off yet.

We came home with some feijoas, yummy.

And ... that's me for the day.  I'm tired and ready to just sit and relax until bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.  


11 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I bet lots of people were wondering where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I always check in on you in the morning, and then at lunch...which is now...so I hadn't seen this post. Good morning/afternoon!! Enjoy the long weekend. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:14 AM

    So fun that your family keeps up with your day.

    I wanted to share:
    Senior Fitness with Meredith
    On YouTube has great stretches.
    Most of her exercises are seated in a chair. Very good neck, back, arm stretches that would be good recovery from sewing. I have been doing them regularly.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't checked til now so unaware 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did - I read your blog this morning and thought "wow, it sounds like she's doing exactly what she did yesterday". Then I checked the date and realised I was reading yesterday! Figured you were sleeping in. Have a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check, But I have been getting up earlier (Pickleball addiction) and of course you haven't posted because it's about 3am for you. So I often don't check until later in MY day. But..... I would track you down if I thought you went missing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:45 PM


    Only seven? 😆
    I always look for bowl cosys when I’m at craft fairs. I’m surprised some people don’t know what they are. They’re very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmmmmmm feijoas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays9:36 PM

    Late to the Party Again 👍🥝
    Great catchup and fabulous you managed to unload some of the feijoas from some of the other Harvey's tree 🌴
    Love them and must say that’s something we really miss on our OE they’re kinda in short supply here in the shops,
    Have a fabulous weekend lovely bowl costs again ,,,,such variety
    If you get to do day trips ,,take care , the roads are crazy busy every where,,,,, so we’re doing long weekend close to home which will make a lovely change

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:17 AM

    I love that cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the long weekend. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.