Friday, March 01, 2024

KINLOCK MARKET



The first thing I must do today is apply to attend the Kinloch Market over Labour weekend in October!

Then shall pack up and get on the road ... and head home.

Photos from last night:

ABOVE: Joyce made a 'Sushi Bake' for our dinner, which is basically a deconstructed sushi roll. It was really nice and I'm going to make it when I get home for sure.






ABOVE: we had a walk around the Hokowhitu Lagoon... a really pretty walk. 

Before the lagoon walk we did a smaller walk... uphill with freakin steps! But I did ok I'm proud to say.

The view was worth it.





I really enjoyed the exercise... thanks for thinking of it Mike 'n' Joyce.

And now my friends... I'm out of here, I've got stuff to do.

CATCH YA LATER...

YAAA... I got my application for the Kinloch Market in first thing this morning. 

I had a good yak with Sandra before leaving at around 8.45 am.

Traffic is heavy. Roadworks have added 30 minutes to my trip so far.

ABOVE: Its now 11.11 am and I've stopped outside Waiouru to stretch my legs. Heading off again in a minute.

The weather is stunning. I seriously doubt I'll be having a walk at Taupo,  it will be far too hot.

5.01 pm:  I arrived home just after 3 pm.

And I'm sorry, but I just jumped in the pool straight away!  I was so hot and bothered.

I haven't even unpacked all my stuff... it's sitting on the couch still.  And it can wait.

I've just had a shower, washed me hair and am feeling semi-reasonable again.

More later. Not that there's much!  I travelled 6.5 hours in horrible traffic and road works and I'm tired.

So I'm back here to say I'm done for the day.  The trip usually takes about 5 hours.  Roadworks added and hour and a half today.  So it made for a long, slow, hot trip.

Stew arrived home and I cooked us sticky pork pieces and veges.  It was very nice.

He's now going to retire to the lounge to watch rugby, and I'm going to catch up on Coronation Street.
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Joyce O9:17 AM

    Safe travels mum, see use Easter weekend x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty everywhere! Those ARE some steps! Good for you , !

    ReplyDelete
  3. RuthW in MD2:57 PM

    How Beautiful your landscapes are!! That Sushi Bake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays4:26 PM

    What fabulous high tea and catch up with families and friends too,
    Loving all the photos,thanks for sharing them with us and the ride down memory lane πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ₯πŸ’
    Travel safe

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to be home. We know all about the roadworks due to being on the road so often in our motorhome! They are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Glad U home safe Chris, my days of long trips have gone body just doesn't allow it. Hour trip to CHCH from Ashburton and back takes days to get over. Have a rest ful evening....how did U cope without Lily snuggles. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:14 AM

    I assume flying must be very expensive. Is there any other public transportation, like a train, that would get you off the road? And not having to drive yourself?

    Like Felicity, my days of that type of trip, driving by myself, are behind me. I use to do a one way/eight hour drive several times a year, now I cannot imagine.

    My son and DIL are a five hour flight from us. Luckily or unluckily there is no direct flight option from where we live. We chose the connection that gives us two flights that are 2.5 hours each. I do a lot of walking and stretching at the connection airport, but it is about all I can do to stand those flights.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.