Sunday, March 03, 2024

SUNDAY.... MAYBE AN OUTING?

 


I'm not too sure what we will get up to today.

Stew got all the outside jobs done yesterday, and I got all the washing up to date too.

I like the idea of a little outing, but not sure where right now.

In the meantime...


ABOVE:  One incredibly doted on baby girl.  We just adore her.  She is now 7 weeks old, time is flying by.


ABOVE:  A little video of Steve and the boys clucking over Lily.  She's never going to want for attention!

ABOVE:  These are the three Funky Bird Runners I got laid out last night.  I don't know if I'll get any of the stitching done today or not.  But they are ready to go.

And that's all I've got for now...
CATCH YA LATER.

Oh I just remembered something.  I was asked by a couple of people about alternative ways to travel to Palmerston North, instead of me having to drive.

1.  Driving myself cost around $200 in petrol, and 12+ hours behind the wheel, (round trip).

2. I could fly, at an approximate cost of $700+, and a few hours in the air, then no car to use when there *.  

3. I could take the train, which costs approximately $270 return trip, then I'd still not have a car to use, * unless I hired one.

Of all those options, I actually do like the train option, as I THINK as a 'Senior Citizen', I would get that travel for FREE.
And I'm sure I could afford to hire a car for a few days 😊.

So I'm going to find out about the train, and how I can get on it in the future.

It would be magic to travel down the line on the train, taking in the scenery you never get to see from the road.  And of course, no traffic to contend with.

8.56 am:  And yeah nah.  Not going anywhere today.  The weather is utter shit.  It's rained most of the night, and is still going.
GREAT for the gardens though.
I'm going to spend the day in me sewing room.
Stew is safely nestled into his chair, watching sport.
So he's a happy man.

No outing today, but instead we got visitors.
Lacy and Keera came over and I got to spend some quality time with Miss Muppet.

ABOVE:  We made pikelets for afternoon tea.
Keera got to take a big container full of them home, she has enough for her lunch tomorrow as well.

ABOVE:  Too late I realised she probably needed a little step stool to stand on.  Oh well, she still thoroughly enjoyed herself.

ABOVE:  A really lovely picture of us three.

Now the girls have left, and it's back to 'him indoors' watching the telly, and me back to the sewing room.

ABOVE:  I have the WORST backache today... so might not sew all afternoon. I'm sure I can find something else to do.  Like sit and watch a movie.  😊

7.26 pm:  Well after thinking I'd not sew any more, I did.  I hadn't even felt like sewing today, but I ended up getting all three of those bird runners stitching done.  Tomorrow I can add the backing fabric and binding.

I cooked pork strips and veges for dinner again, they are so nice.
Then I fell asleep in front of the telly for about half an hour.
Was clearly tired.

Stew mocked me when I woke up.  What a shit.
Like he's not fallen asleep in his chair before?  *snort*

Now... I'm busting for a piddle, so will go do that.  And sign off for the day, cos nothing else is gunna happen around here for the rest of the night.

17 comments:

  1. Train sounds great. You can read, crochet, browse, play games, etc......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only 10% discount on the Kiwirail journey to Palmerston North. The free stuff is just the local trains and buses etc. The Intercity bus is only round $70 which wouldn't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, anything BUT the bus! Not comfortable at all. Stew and I think we will do the train trip mid-winter for the 'experience' if nothing else. Car hire is not that expensive, so we would do that in Palmy.

      Delete
    2. If you are both going then driving is by far the cheapest option but the train ride would be fun (even if just to experience it).

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:21 PM

    That is a great picture of you three. I know how much it means to you that she can come visit. Also, I love that dress you have on!! Happy weekend! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I bought that dress from an Op Shop many, many years ago and can FINALLY fit it! It cost me like $10!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Hire an electric car from Hamilton - no petrol to pay and you don’t then need to hire one in PN.

    Mevo also operates in Hamilton, hireage details are on their website.

    Plenty of charging stations along the way to top up with whilst also stretching your legs or feeding yourself.

    Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share you movie recommendations. I am at a loss for what to watch! Cute pic of you and Keera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you watched the series 'One Day', or 'Killing Eve' ? Both are worthy of a binge watch. Movies... no idea right now. There's far too many!

      Delete
    2. I saw a couple of episodes of "One Day" - I will keep watching that. And I have never seen "Killing Eve" even though it is always mentioned as something to watch! Thank you. I will watch both.....

      Delete
  6. You and Keera look "matchy match" with the black and white dress/leggings. I am missing Lacy and her funky necklace!
    Halloooo... Lacy??? Where are youuuuuu?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos of Lily she is just loved little human and has all the 3 lads enamoured, Keera is soooo tall now lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Just sent U something on Pinterest in error but it still up your alley some days Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pic of you 3. Keera is such a pretty girl. And of course Lily is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:29 PM

    What awesome photos of you all. Keera is growing up so much. Those table runners could be gorgeous bed runners too Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:04 AM

    Yes, lovely post and photos and the video was cute including Stew's hand giving Archer a reassuring pat....sweet....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the picture of the 3 of you, so nice! I'm looking forward to the days of baking with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.