Friday, March 08, 2024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD AND COCO


 Today is Coco's 14th Birthday, and my Dad's birthday as well.

My Dad would have turned 92, had he lived long enough.

ABOVE:  Coco is amazing!  She is 14 years old today, and still acts like a puppy half the time.  She can hop, skip and jump all the way around our Hamilton Lake, which is 3.66 kms in circumference!

Even Marley can't do that, she slows down about half way around.

We are so very lucky that Coco's enjoyed such good health all her life, and is showing NO signs of being unwell.  She does sleep 80% of the day, but is so healthy otherwise.

I dread her getting ill. The average life span of her breed (Bichon/Shih Tzu) is 12 - 16 years.  I hope we have her for at least another 2 years, if not longer.  

Now, back to today.

I'm going to make something I've never made before.

And you ain't gunna know what it is until I've finished it ... which should be later on today, cos it's not that big.

Probably NOT for market, just something I want to have a go at.

CATCH YA LATER...

11.45 am: OK... stop waiting for that something different!

I changed my mind.

Sorry about that.  I walked into the sewing room this morning and saw the two unfinished Tree Runners and decided I really should get them done first.

So I am.

And now it's lunchtime and I'm gunna stop and have something to eat.

ABOVE: And there you have today's finishes.

I do have more tree runners in me stash, they are not numbered YET.  

I have started numbering everything, so I know what I have in hand, and what I need to make more of in future.

I have made 18 runners in the past 20 days, with a few days 'off' when I went down to Palmerston North, so not bad going.

I might just take the rest of the day off now.

Goddam I'm a wishy washy person!

I said I was taking the rest of the day 'off'.  I didn't.

I went back and made some placemats.  I'll show you tomorrow.

I also made us a Surimi & Shrimp salad for dinner, with boiled eggs, tomato, baby cucumbers, capsicum and lettuce.  And baked Kumera Patties.  It was so yummy.

NOW... I am going BACK into the sewing room to cut out and prepare some more placemats.  Cos there is f-all on TV on Friday nights.

8.39 pm:  I ended up doing some more sewing after dinner.  But now I am definitely DONE for the day.

I've had fun in the sewing room today, doing a few different little projects.  Made a nice change, and I shall probably do that again tomorrow.

Till then...


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Sounds interesting Chris. I've had a cough for months, years and gave up today. Exhausted. I'll check in on you.kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Guessing -
    baby hat, adult hat, different version of the catch all bag, remote holder for arm of your chair, crossbody.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Gosh wasn't that long ago surely you got the call girls. She looks like a spring chicken. Have a great day Chris...wonder if the boys will come over after school for a snuggle with the birthday girl they love her so much. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Happy birthday CoCo. Hope there are lots of treats in store for you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Happiest of Birthday Wishes Coco you gorgeous girl GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love tree runners 🌲 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  7. She doesn’t look 14!
    When is the next market?
    Good idea to keep count in runners etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Cambridge at the Rugby Grounds, on Sunday.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.