Monday, March 25, 2024

PLASTIC BOWLS

 


IF THE SHOE FITS.

First up for today... off on a walk.  Not sure yet if I will 'do' the lake, or go over to Cambridge for an FBG walk.

But one or other will happen.

While at The Base yesterday, Stew and I had a good look around for some cheap plastic bowls to put in some of the bowl cosy's... so people could actually SEE what they were used for.

Cos quite honestly, some people have no idea, and with the bags of rice in them to hold them down, my mind boggles at what people might think they are used for!

We did not have any luck finding any bowls that were A) The right size, and B) not too expensive.

So once we were home again, I went on the hunt.

ABOVE: And I found 5 'bowls' of varying size and type to use.  SCORE.  No expense, and all plastic.

Problem solved.   I am still worried people are going to look at the rice and ponder.... but meh.

Time to get a move on... off walking.

ONWARD...

12.25 pm:  Hi ho!  I've had a lovely morning I must say.

First up... over to Cambridge nice and early, where I did a 2 km 'warm up' walk on my own, then I joined the FBG's for a 5 km walk.


After the walk, about 12 of us went to a coffee shop for a coffee and more yakking.

ABOVE:  They didn't have Diet Coke, so I tried a Pepsi Max, NO SUGAR.  It wasn't half bad, in fact it was perfectly acceptable.

Everyone else had a coffee, so many options for coffees nowdays!  I just don't get it.  Once upon a time, when I had a coffee, it was a teaspoon full of instant coffee in a cup, hot water, sugar and milk.

I doubt anyone does that anymore.

ABOVE: The Cambridge Town clock is getting refurbished.  I wonder how long it will be out of commission?  It's an iconic thing hearing it ding dong every hour.

On my way home I went to Briscoes.  They are having a 50% off sale today.

So, I paid full price for my electric can opener 10 days ago, so knew I qualified for a refund of the price difference between what I paid, and the sale price today.

SCORE.  Got some money back on that.

Then I went and blew it, plus some more, on these:

ABOVE: After talking to more people (FBG'ers) today about cook top options, ALL OF THEM said 'GO INDUCTION'.

So... induction is the way I'm now going.

I got these induction pots 'n' pans cos they were down by half price, so a damn good saving.


ABOVE:  I shall just have to use my little, single element, portable induction cook top for now.

I've not been using it cos I only had one tiny little pot suitable for induction cooking.  NOW I have plenty.  (for now)

As it is now lunchtime, I'll put me feet up and have some food, before I go into the sewing room this afternoon.

ABOVE: Today's walk photo.  I really must start asking everyone, individually, if they object to having their faces on my blog?  Then maybe, I won't have to bleep out everyone!

In light of the fact that I am now 100% leaning towards an induction cooktop, I am thinking...

ABOVE:  The Belling Mini Richmond Oven is the way to go.  I love that you can get it in white, so it will tone in with all the other appliances in our kitchen.  And it will fit perfectly where our existing cooktop is.  

The cupboards under our existing cooktop can then just be transferred to where the existing wall oven is.
Might work... Steve will make it work!

So now it's just a case of getting an electrician in to give us a quote on hard wiring it in, once we get it.

Which will be several months from now.
Working on one thing at a time... as most people have to do.

Our new family room, exterior sliding doors come first.

ABOVE:  Be.... fore ya ask.  That's a mock up of how the Belling Induction Cooktop Oven would look in my kitchen.
I'm thinking we might need to change the countertop on that side of the kitchen too.  And get a splashback.

*sigh*, it all adds up!

Thanks for thinking about my poor old back.  I'm sure I can manage to bend down once in a while to get shit out of the oven(s). 
It's prolonged bending that does my back in the most... like with vacuuming the entire house.
And don't forget, I have Stew!  He can always get shit out of the oven for me too.

Right, it's the end of the day.  We are settled down for the evening, not that there's much on the telly on a Monday.  But at least I've got me feet up and I'm comfy.
Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. I missed the rice bag update. And I was completely wrong. I thought you were making "Bed Buddies". Microwavable cotton bags of rice to heat up the bed or use as a heating pad. My friends and I make them. So nice when it's cold out. They are even softer and cozier when lined with muslin to make two layers of fabric. If you made small ones and used them as weights - they could ALSO be sold - in case someone asks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:36 AM

      I make same idea but out of cherry pits. They hold the heat a long time.
      Vickie

      Delete
    2. Oh YA! I saw some of those at a craft fair recently. I forgot about that idea!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:23 AM

    You could paint small rocks to weight the bowls. It would be obvious they were weights. You paint beautifully. The rocks could be for sale.

    Thanks for the kitchen/stove photos.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about rocks/pebbles in the bowls too then there is no doubt you are not cooking rice in them. Why not a complete new bench while you are at it? Yeah, I know... money but it would look fantastic! Otherwise I'm sure Steve will magic up a solution for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:12 PM

    I've just purchased an induction stove and oven. The electrician comes on Wednesday to quote his job. My current stove is hardwired and he will change it to a plug-in. Plus I'm getting a new hood. Can't wait as it is all 43 years old. Ick!! I'm hoping it can all be finished in two weeks. Enjoy yours once it is all done. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Does that mean Pepsi is yuk will be changed to Pepsi max isn't half bad lol Felicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats just a bit funny chick! 🤣😅🤣

      Delete
  6. Wheat bags for sale now
    It’s winter lol….
    I have that induction plate thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Are you sure you could handle bending down for the oven all the time after having a wall oven ? I recently got a new stove. It was on sale and I got the new model up for the same price, the bonus was that it was the air fryer version. While most of the time I use the bench airfryer the oven one is fantastic for pork belly
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:11 PM

      I got a new top for oven a few years ago. Chef son talked me into a gas one and I love it. We are all different tho and knowing you the research would have been done. Anne (Palmy)

      Delete
  8. Countertop, Splashback......
    My comment from the other day still stands...
    "Uh oh.. That sounds like a project that won't stop there....."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I would have got a flat top stove/oven when I bought the last one after using my daughters. So much nicer to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:18 PM

    I had to have a low oven when I redid a kitchen, so now I also use a bench top convection oven. Works brilliantly for 2, easy to clean, perfect for messy splashy items like roasts, so you can keep the regular oven for 'clean' bakes like cakes etc. Also, I am now a convert to Pepsi Max no sugar after only ever doing Coke Zero etc. Only go back now if I have to!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.