Wednesday, March 27, 2024

LAKE WALK

 


It's looking good for a nice, cool walk this morning.

I'm going to 'do' the lake today.  I might even have company.  

Once I get home from my walk, I shall turn around and head out again to do a grocery shop.

For a change, I've got quite a list of stuff to get.

Funny how ya don't need much for ages, then BOOM!  Everything runs out.

At least with just the two of us in the house now, the grocery shop isn't HUGE like it used to be years ago.

I can remember dragging two BIG trolley's around the supermarket and filling them both up!

Imagine how much that would cost ya now! I hate to think how larger families manage. 

I fill a small trolley up and it costs hundreds of dollars now.

OK, I better get a move on if I want to be on time for my walk.

ONWARD...

ABOVE:  A lovely view of the sun peeking through the clouds this morning.  It was a neat walk, a few sprinkles of rain to make it extra special.  I love it when it rains on a walk, it keeps me cool.


ABOVE: This tart joined me today.  I wonder if she's remembered there's a little purple critter in her hoodie yet?  

LOL, she found it on the path.  

She's keen to re-instigate our Mon/Wed/Friday walks now it's cooler.  So we shall see how that goes.


ABOVE:  I get a 'bonus' rabbit for the week.  He was just hanging out with the ducks on our walk this morning.


ABOVE: This was my grocery list.


ABOVE: Seems I went 'over' that list.  By several hundred dollars.  *sigh*  😖😕😓

But, at least the price of our cheese has gone down!

It was $12 a block 4 years ago, then it went up to $21.99.  NOW it's down to $16 !  I was really surprised by that, and thankful, cos we do love our cheese.

And now it's 11.33 am, and time for me to get back to me sewing.


ABOVE:  I forgot the walk stats.  We did the circumference of the lake, then added a bit more on, so we are walking just that bit longer and further now.

ABOVE:  How my day is going.  How's about you ?  I am probably going to make about 6 more then call it a day and go make our dinner.

9.40 pm:  just the usual sort of evening here.  Dinner.  TV. bla bla bla.  Time to sign off ... catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Yesterday morning I was out walking dogs at sunrise, in my full winter gear. (I have great walking gear, it can be very cold and windy and I am comfortable.)

    By afternoon, it was sunny and I was out walking and only needed a sweater.

    Spring here, can have snow one day and be in shorts a couple days later.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you and Lacy will be resuming walks! Let the silly antics begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you use your own bags for your stuff. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny, as I started reading I wondered whether Lacy had started walking again and bingo there she was. How lovely.
    Shopping lists lull you into a fall sense of security - you always end up buying more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Oh you saw the Easter bunny lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:13 PM

    I just spent $900 on a fortnight shop and I can guarantee I will do a top up. Have you seen people making their own mozzarella? It is made with milk and so easy and cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made a pitstop at a store that was having a sale on Easter Hams on my way to work. One ham, 2 bricks of cheese (250 gms), 4 packs Easter chocolates, a pineapple and I'm down $100.00. Tomorrow is regular grocery day. Price of food continues to goes up weekly that is the reason I made an effort to get the ham why pay double or more. Glad to see you got your walking partner back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just telling my husband that our area rabbits have been the wrong color all winter. We had an unusually snow-less winter and the rabbits were bright white in all the dead brown shrubbery. Now the rabbits are changing to brown and we got a foot of snow. No matter what the poor little bunnies are highly visible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy busy! You're getting pretty fit on our walks! I need to get that started one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.