Wednesday, March 13, 2024

WALKIES

 


I might just go over to Cambridge for a walk with the FBG's this morning.  It's not till 9am, which gives me plenty of time to get up, and over there without having to rise with the birds.

There is a butchery over there that has a good supply of liver and kidneys on a Wednesday, so I've ordered HEAPS and will pick that up while over there.  Stew and Steve both LOVE their liver and kidneys ( 🤮 SPEW TUCKER 🤮😖🤮!).

ABOVE:  Once I get home from Cambridge, I will continue working on this runner.

I started it late yesterday and am thinking it will be BEAUTIFUL once finished.  

I dreamed about it, so just had to go with it.  My dreams ain't usually wrong!

ABOVE:  Miss Lily watching my phone screen... it kept her quiet for a while. lol   Yet another square eyed child.

CATCH YA LATER...

12.15 pm: And I'm finally sitting down!

First up, my walk was WONDERFUL.

ABOVE: It was a nice distance, all flat ground, lovely company.

After the walk most of us went here for a cuppa (I  had Coke Zero)...


ABOVE: A Cafe/Restaurant called Joes Garage.  It was very nice.  So neat to catch up with so many girls today.  I think there were about 16 of us walking.  Perfect, overcast weather for walking again today.

Before I met up with the girls, I went to the butchery in Cambridge and picked up the offal I'd ordered, and a few other items for our dinners.

It's such a lovely butchery.

ABOVE:  I took a chilly bin (Esky) and lots of ice packs.


ABOVE:  I think I am going to be getting all our meat from this butchery from now on, their produce is no more expensive than a supermarket, yet so much NICER looking.


ABOVE:  Well tongue in cheek when I say 'nicer looker', cos seriously, there's nothing nice about how liver and kidneys look!


ABOVE: The sheer size of this Ox Liver grossed me out!


ABOVE: And THEN I had to chop it up and put it all into smaller bags.  It was GROSS.

ABOVE:  Finally all done and put away in the freezer.  Steve can come and collect his half of that offal haul.  Ikkkk.

I've washed me hands twice and I can STILL smell blood.

When I got back into Hamilton, I stopped in at the supermarket for freezer bags and a few other things.

Now... I'm gunna make a toasted sandwich for me lunch and do bugger all for a little while.

Lacy popped in for a visit, which was very nice.  She's doing well and very happy in her little house.  Not up for walking right now though, her health has been up and down of late.  Having a panic/anxiety disorder buggers her up often.

It is what it is, and she's dealing with it.

3 pm. I have developed a massive headache.... lying down trying to sleep it off. No idea why,  it just came on so quick!  Grrrrr. 


I decided not to give in to the headache and went into the sewing room and finished that runner.

ABOVE:  I absolutely LOVE IT!  And it is SOLD already and will be going to Palmerston North in a couple of days time.  Thank You Anne for deciding it was perfect for you.

8.42 pm:  Well... it's the end of a long, busy and productive day.  Our dinner was beef rollups with veges.  Very nice it was too.
Now, chilling out till bedtime.


14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    As a child, we ate liver rolled with bacon and cooked under the broiler flame. Not a fan of liver either, but bacon does help.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lambs fry and sheep’s kidneys but have to watch my iron intake ( thanks dad for that gene)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Oh Chris, that is so cute! Hope you're having a good walk and catch up. Waiting for xray. Boring. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving that runner! Enjoy your FBG adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ick liver....I do like kidney in a beef stew but ick to liver

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Save the runner for me!!! My colours! I can pay from
    hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:44 PM

    OMG!!!! I don't know if I have the stomach for doing all of that. I certainly would have to have gloves on. I am not a liver person in anyway shape or form. I think I've tasted a kidney when we went to the UK...but I am not certain. You are a good wife to do all of that for Stew. XO Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Oh I dont know if i could touch that liver and kidneys......gross. Love the runner though! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Don't mind steak and kidney pie. And liver is ok if cooked properly ie with bacon or covered in spices lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That runner is lovely! That liver? O M G, there is no way I could cut that up let alone cook it. You deserve a medal :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ikkk... i used to make steak and kidney for my grandfather kn law and the smell 🤮🤢. It was like weez 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. UGH! Could have done without the Offal pics! Funny, because I am not grossed out by family members hunting and gutting deer. I have never cared for organ meat but Hubby would love it! Glad the walk was worthwhile. Hope to see Lacy accompanying you on the lake walks soon. I miss her silly antics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only time I've had liver was when my mom made it and just the smell of how she cooked it was gross lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.