Tuesday, March 05, 2024

FLIPPED A SWITCH

 


March arrived.  BOOM.  So did Autumn.

ABOVE:  And just like that, the weather changed!

It's like someone just flipped a switch.

We have had wind and rain for several days now.

I've not been in our pool since last Friday.

I am a bit sad cos I was loving the swimming and tanning.

But, I am also happy that the change in the weather means I can finally get back to my walking on a more regular basis.

ABOVE:  I found this stuff at the supermarket yesterday.  So I've added it to the fabric in the washing machine, that is already soaking in Fabric Conditioner.

I bet that smokey fabric is gunna be smelling gorgeous after all that!

Time will tell.


ABOVE: This is today's job.

Another 'Duck, Duck... Goose' Runner.

I'm really enjoying doing some 'free style' type runners instead of the Braid Runners.

Right, catch ya later.

11.35 am:  Bloody hell... no one around today?

Oh well... sign of the times I suppose.  Blogging in a dying art.

So, I went for a walk this morning on my own, just around my area.  There was no point going to the lake as it was looking shitty as out there.

I dodged most of the rain luckily.

Once home I got into the sewing room and laid out, and got that Duck Runner ready for stitching.

ABOVE:  I'm not in the mood to carry on with it right now, so am taking a break.

4 pm:  And I can honestly say I've had the most self indulgent, lazy few hours since leaving the sewing room!
I did get a lot more fabric washed/dried and put away, but apart from that... done bugger all.

I'm now going to prepare dinner (roast chicken and veges) then a bit later on, go to WW.

DOGSTARS: commiserations on having to visit the dentist.  Nightmares are made of them sorts of visits.  And I have never heard of 'canning' chicken before.  The mind boggles.

7.50 pm:  I weighed in at WW, and I've had a fairly decent GAIN over the past couple of months.
But, not alarming and I know that I can shift it in a couple of weeks all going well.

Came home and had a delicious dinner, and now I'm stuffed.

Time to sign off for the day, thanks if you popped in and said 'Hi' today.  I was not in a good mood all day, so that helped.

10 comments:

  1. Kiwionholidays12:07 PM

    Hey I’m here lol it’s the time difference across the ditch I’m always behind the 🎱8 ball when it comes to read n reply
    Great you did the walk
    Amazing here we dropped to 19 deg this morning after rain so like you guys autumns well n truly here so loving it
    Love all the updates
    Take care n catch up soon
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here too! I really like the new runners too, they are very expressive and cute. Having a quiet week workwise which is tricky but I'm trying to make the most of the spare time to get myself organised. Hope you have a good day today! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Silly tart. You know we always read your blog, we just don't always have a need to comment. But while I'm here, I can say I love the freestyle runners too, and would be hard pressed to decide between funky birds and ducks. If the exchange rate and postage rate wasn't ridiculous I'd be placing orders all over the place. My mum would love the bird ones :) xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:16 PM

    I was about to say - don’t put the stinky fabric in the dryer - then I remembered you line dry.

    My bulbs are all popping up.
    It has been
    65 degrees fahrenheit =
    18.333 degrees celsius
    So very lovely.
    I was in shorts and sandals today.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pickleball, traveling to a bigger city to be mouth tortured (Dentist), then bought a bunch of stuff at Costo. Including 3 Rotisserie chickens that I am going to can in Mason Jars tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:50 PM

    The duck runners are cute. I hope they are good selling for you
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate my demon scales. Sure they are related to a yo-yo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:17 AM

    The duck runner looks gorgeous. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is just around the corner in this part of the world. Looking forward to longer days and warmer weather. Enjoy you Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RuthW in MD4:30 AM

    Of course you can "can" chicken in canning jars! Once my husband and I canned beef brisket, (we lived in Texas at the time) and we sure enjoyed being able to pull out one of those 12 jars for the next several months. Chicken has a lot more bones in it. I think your funky bird runners are so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.