Friday, March 22, 2024

ADJUSTING MY THINKING

 


After talking to a couple of people, and taking note of what others have said in comments... I've adjusting my thinking about the FBG group I walk with.

I need to walk on my own for fitness.

BUT STAY with the FBG's for the company, friendships and support they offer.  So, when I walk with the FBG's, it's NOT about fitness, it's about company.  And Yakking.  Let's not forget the yakking!

I need to just accept that the pace will be slower, and not let that bother me.  My FBG walks are going to be about maintaining my social connections.

And there are plenty of social events within the group that I am happy to join in on.

I do tend to overthink things.  You all should know this about me by now.  I also still worry about what others think of me, which is bloody stupid.

I should not give a shit at my age.  Sometimes I don't give a shit, and other times I do.  

Anyway *sigh*... moving on.

There is a 30/30 Social Walk on this morning, and it's one I can go at my own pace, and not feel guilty about it.

The idea is you walk for 30 minutes in one direction, then back to the start again.  That way, it doesn't matter what pace you go.  I really like that idea.

Once I've done the walk, and attended the morning tea afterwards, I'll come home and... SEW.

Actually... I might have to do some housework first.  Oh Yaa. 😂😉😊

CATCH YA LATER.

8.30 am. Got to Cambridge way too early. But better that than late.

ABOVE: Yesterday you could only see rabbit ears. Now they have mowed the grass... I can see the rabbits again. 

And now, I wait for the other walkers to arrive.

OMG today's walk was so good!  Because it was a 'mixed pace' walk, I got to do my own pace, and there were three other walkers who did that pace too.

So I got to 'WALK, TALK & SUPPORT' with me FBG's.  It was perfect.

After the walk we met at a local cafe for a coffee (Read: Diet Coke) and a yak.  So good to feel like part of the group again.

ABOVE: Today's stats.  A much longer walk than I'm used to, but I was just fine.  Clearly my fitness means I can do longer walks with no problems now.

ABOVE: On my way home I stopped in at the supermarket for these bags of rice.
I have plans for them, and it does not involve cooking it.
More on that later, cos right now I'm starving, and am  gunna make myself some lunch.

6 pm and I've finished sewing for the day.
Stew is home.
Dinner is in the oven, a roast chook and veges.

The Rice?

ABOVE: When we put the bowl cosy's on the table at market, we put a bowl in them to stop them flying off in the wind.
So it's a pain in the butt having to lug a heavy box of bowls in and out of the van, making sure they don't smash etc.
They also take up quite a bit of room.

I was determined to find something that would work better.  Take up less room and not be breakable.

ABOVE: And today the solution came to me.
Bags of rice!   They take up way less space and do not break.

ABOVE: AND, no one is going ask "Do I get the bowl as well?"
You would be surprised how many people think they are gunna get the cosy AND the bowl.
Yeah nah.

I bet NONE of you thought of that as being why I had bought the rice eh? 😂😅😏

ABOVE:  I only got 12 Bowl Cosy's made today.
I was out and about much longer this morning, so less sewing time.
But I'm still happy with my turnover today.

8.20 pm:  I'm struggling to stay awake!  So it will be an early night for me.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Don't forget - you still get exercise walking at a slower pace. So it's a win win situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The social interaction is important for your mental well-being. Hanging out with friends, yakking & having a laugh is the best, don’t underestimate the importance of that. It is about your overall health & wellbeing, not just physical fitness 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:36 AM

    All sounds like a good plan...I think the FBG girls know how you operate by now anyway...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! Have a lot of fun, and a bit of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad U still doing the fbg walks it's also great for your mental health too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Good on you Chris going back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you enjoyed your mixed face walk. Wish I was close and could walk with you. You are clearly way fitter now. Don't give up on opportunities just adapt them to you or adapt your attitude to them....which clearly is what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the rice to stuff something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh great news re walking perfect solution yay.

    OUR FIRST FROST today and thick fog

    Door stops, teddies, toys, for the rice..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Great idea for the bowl cosies...Peta

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.