Monday, March 11, 2024

ON THE LIST

 


I have NO gaps in my market stock, so there's really no need to do any sewing this week.

BUGGER.

But, I do have a list of things to get done today.

1. Washing.

2. Dust and polish.

3.  Spray weed killer on Begonia plants in the rockery, (the bastards are trying to come back).

4.  Water indoor plants.

5.  Buy Valspar paint.

WHY BUY PAINT?

Cos I'm not happy with the paint we used to paint the ENTIRE interior of the house.

It was called a 'Black-White', and came highly recommended by the 'professionals'.

It's UTTER SHIT.  Be warned.

ABOVE:  If you scrap the wall, the mark left is BLACK!  On a white wall that just sucks.  WHY would they produce a paint that looks white, but it leaves a black mark when scraped or knocked?   CRAZY.

So, I'm going to slowly re-paint all the high traffic areas with a pure white Valspar paint.

It will probably take me ages, but I don't care.  I want it done.

I'll start with the hallway I think, then move on to the family room/dining room and lounge.

The bedrooms can stay the way they are - for now.

Has anyone else used a similar Black-White paint and been disappointed? 

ABOVE:  I used a PINK Bath Bomb last night.  It was go lovely... silky and soft in the water and on me skin.  

The bath was sooooo lovely.  I got out feeling all relaxed and happy again.  Definitely recommend a bath to get that feel good vibe.

Wine would have helped, but I forgot it.  I played music on my Spotify though.

MUST REMEMBER A GLASS OF WINE NEXT TIME, let's take it up a level shall we?  lol
 

And that's about all I have for now.

CATCH YA LATER...

12.19 pm:  Just finished all the jobs inside.  Found a couple more to do as well.

Now I have a headache.

Did WORDLE... that was a pain in the arse, but I got it in 4 finally.

I'm not going out to get paint right now.  I might just paint over the marks with the existing paint in the interim.  I looked at how much I would need to repaint and thought, YEAH NAH, not worth the effort.  Or cost.

Must be getting lazy eh?

I am going to make some more runners.

I can build up quite a good 'back up stash' over the next few months, in readiness for the summer markets in Oct/Nov and December.

I'm going to book us into two really big markets this coming summer, the Kinloch (done), and Pirongia.  Both are markets we have not done before and are told they are really good.

So, make stock while the sun doesn't shine and all that shit.

I think we will be covering our pool this coming weekend, the weather has certainly turned and we won't be swimming again this season.

I've packed up the drying rack in the sun room, and put away all the swimming stuff.  Sad, but oh well... ya can't change the weather.

9.42 pm:  not done much else this evening but watch TV and some stuff on me laptop.  Dinner was sausages, salad and kumera rissoles.

Had too much, feel sick ... I'll never learn.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Wow!! A pink bath!! It looks so soothing and inviting. I've never seen that color in a bubble bath. Delish!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Does a Mr Clean magic eraser remove the black marks?

    If you have not tried, consider it before you paint.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:42 PM

      I was going to suggest this. There are a few different ones but essentially they're little sponges that you wet slightly and they work miracles on marks! Good idea Vickie xx Colleen

      Delete
  3. I find that Resene wall paint is the best. Our walls are now 22 years old and still like new. I've only repainted where kids have chipped corners. Well worth the price in my opinion. I can't understand why a scratch would leave a black mark though... have you figured that out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:30 AM

    For the life of me, I will never figure out where you get your energy to get things done!!! Even when you don't feel well it's like your mind is still clicking along with lists of things you need to do or projects that you want to start.
    A couple of times I have commented over the years about how much you inspire me to get off my ass and stop brooding! You accomplish so much, it makes me feel like there's hope for me! LOL! I love what you do and the positive effect that your writing has on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura9:33 AM

    Oops!!! I think I screwed up! The comment I just left was supposed to say my name: Laura. Not anonymous! I think I fixed it???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:01 PM

    I did Wordle in 4 today as well...I did it in 2 the other day...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm up to 62 current streak in Wordle. I do it every day, kind of addicted to it. Try Connections, that will do your head in! Great idea to just touch up that paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do Wordle & Connections every day. Love them although Connections can be frustrating. I often leave it & go back to it later.

      Delete
  8. How many months of swimming did you get? Sure seemed quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Chris, slow down about the pool. Here in Melbourne we’ve had a very average summer, but last 3 days have been 38 every day. It may be on its way to you. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Use a magic white sponge on the black marks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to suggest this too. I know them as Magic Eraser.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous10:31 PM

    Have you tried using a small plate? As I am getting older I seem to be eating less and less but I still have to watch sweet things because I can eat too much of those and make myself feel sick. The boys might still want to swim for a bit longer as children don't seem to feel the cold as much. Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.