Thursday, November 30, 2023

ONE MORE OK?

 The last couple of Braid Runners have been quite long.  So today I am going to make some shorter, narrower ones.

Trying to cover the bases I suppose.  Not everyone wants a really long one eh?

I'm going to stick with the Black 'n' White and Brown tones, as they are so lovely.

ABOVE:  Yesterday's runner.  I particularly love this one.  What do you think of it?

So, clearly I will be sewing today.  And mucking around with Christmas Decorations.  I'm leaving the main tree for Sunday, when Stew can help me with it.

It's not huge, but stringing the lights on it is a pain in the arse, and I'd rather Stew helps me with that.

So that's me for now... catch ya later.


ABOVE:  Right... this is the next one on the table... 60% sewn up.  I just have to chop off the pointy ends, add a narrow border, and then quilt and bind it.
LOL, I say 'just', but that lot will take a couple of hours.

I've decided that once I get that one done, I'm going to make a start on going through all the stuff I've bought for Christmas... and fill the gaps.
This year I am doing 'Family' Parcels.  Each family will get ONE parcel, which will consist of things everyone can use/eat/play with.

Something different for a change.

ABOVE:  don't ya just love this one?  I know I do.  It got to keep it's points too... kinda need the variety.
I'm done for now, I've got a list of things to do around the house, and well.... can you believe I've just about run out of Black thread, so have to go buy more!

Which fits in with the other things I want to do today.  Fill GAPS.

2.45 pm:  I just got home after a couple of hours in the shops.  It's certainly getting busy out there.  Even though it's just a normal mid-week day, the mall was full.

I managed to get quite a few bits 'n' bobs for Christmas.  So a successful outing.

ABOVE:  I WAS NOT going to buy any more Christmas Friends this year.  Said no one ever.
Raven was half price, and I could see her up on the kitchen bench.  So, yeah, got her.

But I might stop at one this year.  I have plenty really.

ABOVE:  I've changed up the decor in the family room, back to BLUEs.  For now.  edit:  I changed the cushions and throw from Apricoty-pink to the blues.

And now... I'm a bit tired.  Will just chill out for an hour or so.  

I started another runner this afternoon.  It's wonky.  I'm now crabby.  I don't think I can fix it.
Grrrr.  3 hours work down the drain.

Stew's on his way home from the pub as I sit here feeling crabby.

I ate too much today, makes me even crabbier.  Some days I should just stay in bed.

Hope tomorrow is better.


And then I tipped over my diet coke bottle... all over the goddam carpet.
Ain't my night.
NOT AT ALL.

10 comments:

  1. I like the family parcel idea. That runner is wonderful and will go with any neutral decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the muted coloured ones. They're gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family parcel way easier temu have some great games and puzzle ideas, I just got a cool milkshake make idea from kmart so kool just add milk and cream gonna get few more I think for my niece and nephews. Nephew is 20 but novelty gifts ok even if ya 20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:48 PM

    I agree, it is amazing how quickly I go thru black, white, gray, tan thread.

    I am in the midst of several brighter quilts which have allowed me to use up all kinds of duplicate colored bobbins.

    We leave the lights on our wreaths and tree. Except, last year, tree lights and one large wreath - all the lights died. We cut them off before we put everything away. I bought replacements at the end of last year, when everything was on deep discount. My husband put them on last week when the girls decorated the tree.

    Skinny 5 foot tree, up on our window seat so it looks like a big tree from outside, is the smartest thing we ever did. So easy to store, put up, take down, and it takes up -0- floor space.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the runners. Great idea on the family parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? Are you saying the decor was something other than blue? The neutral colors look great. Be thankful for your busy shops - ours are like a ghost town and closing. Soon there will be none. How sad is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad Christine. Where is your nearest bigger shopping centre?

      Delete
    2. 1.5 hours away. It's always bustling there. Not sure why it is so dead here. It busy on "Black Friday" so that was good to see!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:11 PM

    Those runners are absolutely gorgeous 😍 thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow so I can catch up on gardening and the lawns everything is growing like crazy GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just spent hours mucking something up too! I was pressure canning food. Yep - screwed that right up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.