Monday, November 13, 2023

LOOK AT THAT!

 I know it's not UTTERLY AMAZING... but still.

We have our first little cucumber growing...

ABOVE:  I can't get over how quickly that grew.  Now I have to hope the birds don't get to it before we can eat it.


ABOVE:  We don't have any tomatoes yet, but some of our lettuces are almost ready for eating.  Bring on the salad days.


ABOVE:  Our little plum tree has a few fruit, so neat!


ABOVE:  We bought this Peach/Apricot hybrid tree not quite a year ago.  Sadly, it is heavily diseased with leaf curl.  I  have written to the nursery we bought it from asking for a replacement, as it was obviously diseased well before we bought it.

I await their reply.

Today I'm not sure if I will go for a walk or not.  I'm bloody tired.

Might wait and see how I feel a bit later in the morning.

For now, I'm going to stay in bed till I actually feel like getting up.

9.26 am. I'm off in an adventure. 



ABOVE: Off to The Base in a bus! I'm  old, so get to travel for free!

ABOVE: There it is.  The first ever Orbiter bus I travelled on.

The first bus driver saw my Gold Card and said "Hop on".  No charge.  

Nice man.


ABOVE: The Bus/Train terminal at The Base.  It took 15 minutes to get there from where I got on the bus.  Not a bad time at all.  It can take that long in the car some days.


ABOVE:  You see heaps more on a bus!  I really enjoyed my little outing.

Well.  There was one minor glitch.

When I boarded the second bus to come back home, the driver said "NO.  You can't use your Gold Card to travel on the bus.  You have to get a BEE CARD".

I was like, "I did not know that.  The bus driver earlier this morning did not tell me that.  Today is the first time I've caught the bus. So can't I travel home on this bus now?"

He said "That's right you can't, you have to go into the CBD, to the Bus Centre and get a Bee Card."

I said to him "So do I have to now walk into town to get that Bee Card?  I don't think I can do that. It's too far and too hot for me."

(Bearing in mind it is about 8 kms to town.)

He realised the pickle I was in, and finally let me on the bus... but reminded me to go and get a bloody Bee Card.

I thought he was a horrid man.  Yes, he finally let me on the bus, but he wasn't nice about it at all.

While at the Base, I bought a couple more summer T-Shirts and a cotton t-shirt type nightie.  I think I'm set for summer now.


Scrolling through Instagram just now, and I come across an advert for incontinence underwear.  The 'model' is an overweight, very old lady.  In her underwear.  Sitting in an incredibly unflattering position.  And I'm sorry, but my mouth got carried away with me and I said out loud "What the HELL were you thinking?"  Like why do we need to see that?  Who thought that would be a great way to advertise underwear?

I'm all for inclusivity across the board, but come on! That was just not nice.  That poor woman probably has no idea just how awful that photo is.

And well... I'm clearly not feeling nice today.

Moving on... I'm cold.  I'm gunna curl up with a blankie and watch a freakin' movie.

My neighbour is out.

Her little dog is in it's crate.

Barking.

Barking.

Barking.

It's not that loud from where I'm sitting.

BUT.  I.  WANT.  TO.  KILL.  IT.

Seriously, today is not my day.

I just went out the back door.  And noticed that their exterior door is open.  That means she IS HOME.  And has her dog in the crate.  As she's DEAF, she can't hear him barking.  Just everyone else in the immediate vicinity can.

He will have food and water in his crate, of that I'm sure.

He just doesn't want to be in the crate.


ABOVE:  A very short snippet of what I have to listen to, sometimes for HOURS on end.  At least every other day.

VICKIE:  The noise from a barking dog, or anything really, has to be over a certain decibel before you can complain.  He isn't LOUD enough to be deemed a nuisance.  
And I also don't want to cause disharmony between us and our neighbours.

But I can bitch about it right?  It helps to let it out and vent.

Yaaa.   It's now quiet in the 'hood.

Time to take a Panadol for the never ending headache, and relax till it settles.

ABOVE: Quite a few cars use our street to get to their homes.
We have a small group, probably 3-4 who think it's FUN to do burnouts ... starting right outside our home.
Just now... they did it again.
HUGE amount of noise, smoke and marks on the road.
IF ONLY one was out there at the time to take a damn photo of their number plate.

It's  turning into a right bitch fest of a day.

Right.  Lots to think about in relation to my neighbours dog.  He's not in the crate every day.  Just some days, and not always all day.  I am going to give it some more time, as he is still just a puppy, and he may outgrow needing to be put in the crate when she's not home?  Or just stop barking so much?
I do not want to make a formal complaint and upset them if possible.  

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Time to wind down for the day.  Still got an annoying headache.  Just too much on the brain I suppose.

23 comments:

  1. Omg plums already. I hope ours does well this year... they're the yummy dark red ones. Have a happy day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems odd that our lettuces are at the same stage. They're a winter vege here. Hope you can do something to save the fruit tree.... Or get a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are eating lettuces, cucumber, silverbeet, radishes out of our garden, tomatoes are nearly ready. Isn't fresh grown just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Cool that you get to have an adventure! Jelly over the cuke. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an arse. Obviously needs to work on his customer service skills 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leeann1:40 PM

    The first driver should have let you know about the Bee card, but glad you talked the next driver into taking you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, in Auckland I had to get a gold AT Hop card which would be the same thing as your Bee card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Is the dog in the sun?
    Have water?
    In too small of a crate?

    Here, if a dog is left out in the sun, or in too small of a crate, no access to water, or it is too hot or too cold, can call animal control and they will take action against the owner.

    Also here, dogs are not allowed to bark more than 15 minutes or you can call and they will get after owners.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 minutes! God grief... my neighbour's dog barked for 8 hours non stop last week!
      ONLY 2-3 hours today.

      Delete
  9. Take your washing off the line turn on the sprinkler that’ll shut it up or knock on her door and explain the situation I’d ring noise control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in a crate inside the house. Sprinkler would do nothing. And I've tried to talk to her about it before. I tried to be nice and not appear like the dog was doing my head in... but she just did not get it at all. The first time it barked the entire day, I thought she might have been hurt, lying on the floor or something, but no. She had just gone out all day and left the dog in the crate to bark all day. Grrrrr. Now she KNOWS it barks when in the crate, but still does it.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous4:25 PM

    How come someone as computer savvy as you doesn't think to check terms and conditions for using the gold card on buses before taking their first trip - log on to your regional authority and it has everything there or the council can direct you. You have done the same with new medication and not known about the side effects - you are an intelligent person so shouldn't be hard!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't KNOW there were terms and conditions for using the bloody thing obviously Audrey. I was told I could travel for free using my GOLD CARD. I took that to mean USING MY GOLD CARD, full stop. When prescribed new medication, does everyone sit down and read the copious information supplied with it? I don't think so. We trust our doctors when given new medications. But never mind. Clearly I'm not at intelligent as you Audrey. Thanks for that.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:49 PM

      I didn't suggest you read all the information contained with the medication (as you say, who does) but you could google the side effects. "Clearly I'm not as intelligent as you", there was no need for that comment. Just trying to help!! Audrey

      Delete
    3. Clearly I'm having a bad day Audrey. I took your comment as being critical of me.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Just popping in to catch up and say hi. I’ve been out of town and my phone will probably call me anonymous. But it’s dogstars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:07 PM

    Hi I agree the barking dog is annoying...you need to tell and and the poor little dog shouldn't be in a crate all day...maybe she can pay you to do doggie day care...lol....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhonda6:57 PM

    OMG that barking would do my head in. But worse than that I feel sorry for the dog as it clearly isn’t happy. I know you have mentioned your neighbour is deaf. Could you, or perhaps, Stew write her a note explaining what is happening? You as a homeowner/rate payer are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of your property. The continual barking impedes your quiet enjoyment. I’m sure politely engaging with your neighbour wouldn’t create disharmony 🤞 Is she the only occupant of the property?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has an adult son who lives there as well. I will just wait and see if it's an ongoing problem. The dog is still just a puppy. Maybe it will outgrow this phase?

      Delete
  14. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Not sure if my comment will show up, they don’t seem to on here. Anyway, you can phone animal control in Hamilton and report barking. It doesn’t have to be over a certain decibel. My cousin David was one of the animal control officers for about 15 years and at least half his work seemed to be visiting properties of barking dogs. He’s since moved to Brisbane but he was one of about 10 officers so someone else will be able to pay the home owner a visit and it can be annoymous. Lynise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leeann7:53 PM

    Yes agree with Lynise. Ring animal control. I have here were I live about a dog charging me when I was out walking. They were great and it was all anon. Its not just for you it's for that poor dog too. Not fair to be in a crate all day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know in Wellington you can use your gold card for free, but only between 9am - 3pm and after 6.30pm Mon - Fri. If you go on after 3pm, you need to pay like everyone else. I am not sure if it is the same in Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't stand when people let their dogs bark when they are home. I always bring Simon in as soon as she barks a bit. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.