Friday, November 24, 2023

BUSY DAY

 It's going to be a busy day today.

First up, I AM going for a walk.

I didn't think I would have time, but I will make time.

Then I have to return the huge container of Chlorine I bought yesterday.

I couldn't get it open, and neither could Stew.

So it has to go back to the shop, for them to get open.  IF they can.

I'm not leaving the shop until I have an opened container, that's for sure.

At lunch time, I'm off to the Weight Watchers Meeting.  I have gained a bit of weight the past couple of weeks... emotional eating is my major downfall.

It would have been HEAPS MORE, if it were not for my walking keeping the damage less than it could have been!

That is why walking is so very important!  Not just for fitness and mental well being, but damage control!  lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜–

ABOVE:  I whipped this bowl cosy up last night, cos I had half an hour to kill before RFDS came on the telly!  I LOVE IT (the cosy).
So pretty.
I have one more like it, cut out ready for sewing, so I shall get that done today.

After WW, I am going to the bank for cash, followed by a visit with Lacy for a while, then I'll  come home.

Once home, I'll pack our day bags, get our clothes laid out for market, etc etc.

Tomorrow's market is literally JUST up the road, but we still need to be there by 6 am to avoid the congestion and chaos.  Well hopefully we do.


While there was heaps of cloud around this morning, while Lacy and I did our walk, the freakin' sun was out.  So typical.
But, it was a good walk.
I took along bird food...





ABOVE: While all the birds came up to us and took the bird seeds, this duck!  He was extra bolshy and pushy.
Did you know that being pecked by a duck does not hurt!  
We now know this.


ABOVE: Today's stats.  Lacy has lost some of her fitness since not walking much over the past two weeks.  But she kept up with a couple of stops here and there.
DUCK, DUCK... GOOSE.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰


ABOVE:  I picked our first three lettuces this morning.  We shall be having lettuce/ham/egg salads for our lunch tomorrow at the market.

ABOVE: The girl at the pool shop managed to get the top off the chlorine container, using a huge crescent type tool.  I reckon it's not the first time this has happened.

I bought a new 'tap' lid for the container, so I could transfer smaller quantities to a smaller bottle.  Works perfectly.

Now that is done... time to make sure everything is in the van for tomorrow.  

2.35 pm:  Gosh it's been a bit hectic from 10-2.  But I got everything done.

Weight Watchers Meeting:  I went up by 1 kg.  Hugely relieved as I realise it could have been so much worse, and I expected worse.

After WW, I did a very quick grocery shop and grabbed cash for tomorrow's market.

Then over to Lacy's... then back home.

Now... I've just had some lunch, a ham/cheese and pineapple toasted sandwich.   I was starving!

Next on my list is to sort out the salads we shall have for our lunch tomorrow.  I ended up buying a cooked chook.  Which will be lovely with a nice salad.

Oh and somewhere along the line I managed to sew up two more bowl cosy's!  Not bad going.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    I really like the softer, more neutral, colors microwave bowl covers. It will be interesting to see how they sell.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bowl cozy. That duck’s beak looks like a whole other face….. or is that just me.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duck, Duck, Grey Duck.
    Ever hear that one? Or is that a Minnesota thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be a Minnesota thing 🀷‍♀️

      Delete
  4. Did Lacy get a diagnosis for her shoulder/arm thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad muscular strain with nerve damage.

      Delete
  5. You been a very busy energetic bunny Chris. I'm fighting with a balloon arch for Christmas. I'm running out of time, should be finished inside today and started on outside it's no where near that stage yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Okay - that is the strangest duck I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a yellow billed duck. Wow! Thanks for sharing your walk around the lake pics. You have a very lovely spot to walk in. Not that I need to tell you that. But it is gorgeous. Ky Girl p,s, This post failed to publish...I'll try my other way of doing it...ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:02 PM

    It worked...will this one? Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:24 PM

    I'm buggered just reading about your day...so farπŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:34 PM

    Wow ! such a busy day! like the comment above...I feel tired thinking about it...lol...after chores and shopping I watched a movie....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Love the photos. Very bright. Didn't realise ducks could look beautiful. 1kg is good. You'll get that off in no time. You're my inspiration Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.