Tuesday, November 14, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE. PATCHWORK GROUP TODAY

Today is Mike's birthday.
He's 34.  Scary how fast time goes.

ABOVE: This is one of the very first photos I have of Mike on this blog, taken way back in 2006.  He has been ON THE BLOG for half his life! 

He looks lovely.

Those curtains though?
What the hell?   Why didn't I take them down?  They are hideous.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š

ABOVE: A much more recent photo of him.
No one is safe from my camera.  lol

Mike, Dad and I hope you have an awesome day, and get spoilt.

I got it wrong last week.  It wasn't Patchwork Group last Tuesday, it's today.
And I really don't think I want to go.
It is just a lot of effort to pack everything up and haul it over there, to sit and sew with a group of ladies I don't know.
Yes, if I kept going I would get to know the ladies better.
But right now, I'm just not into it.
I don't have anything I want to work on right now either.

I am shelving the idea of making up that Blue Quilt Kit I got from Tis The Season.

NOT INTO THAT EITHER.

There's just a lot coming up that I want to concentrate on.
Christmas and markets.

We just decided to add another market onto our roster!
As we are fairly sure next months Woodland Market will be our last there, we are going to give the monthly Matamata market a go.

We have heard some good reports from other marketeers about it, so why not?
It's just under an hour to get there from here, so that is fine.  Any further afield and we don't go, as it means we have to leave in the dead of the night!

ABOVE:  I bought these lovely serviettes at Steven's (a part of Farmers) yesterday. I particularly love the crab ones.  
There was a crab plate the same but well... sadly I don't need another serving plate.
I shall be using the new serviettes over summer.... cos they are so cute.
SUMMER IS COMING... still not quite here yet.


Not sure what I will get up to today.
I might get on the treadmill and cross trainer.  I've been really bad in the eating department lately.  Need to reign it in.

I'm not going to let anyone derail my efforts by fucking with my emotions for too long.
I'm stronger than that.

Catch ya later.


10 am. Been out and about this morning.  Its been awesome. 


ABOVE: I now have heaps of reading to do. 
More updates later.
I'm visiting Lacy right now.

11.52 am, and I'm home after a really lovely morning out.

As I was driving into town to the Transport Centre to get my BEE CARD, I had a spur of the moment thought.

WHY let silly reasons stop me from walking in my NUMBER ONE favourite place?

I won't let that happen.

So I went to ...

ABOVE:  My HAPPY PLACE outside of my sewing room and home.
Lacy would have joined me, but her shoulder is still giving her grief.  Hopefully she will be better soon and can join me again.

COOT SAGA of the day.  I spy a teeny tiny baby Coot, it's peeping and peeping, so I walk over to say 'Hello'.  The parent birds were out of the water, on the grass quite a distance from baby.
In fact, there were three babies.

ABOVE: As I'm chatting to the baby, one of the adult birds rushes over and leaps into the water, all protective like.

ABOVE: Mummy Coot splash landing.   The other adult bird comes up and pecks me on the leg!  Didn't hurt, nah na na na.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜… 

ABOVE:  Mother bird and her babies, safe from ME.

ABOVE:  I got 'THE LOOK'.  Like, too funny!
Aren't those babies so adorable though!

ABOVE: The Pukeko babies are so used to humans now, they no longer run away.

ABOVE:  Road cone of the day.  *snort*

ABOVE:  Selfie of the day.

ABOVE:  How can I forget the ducks?  Not many ducklings around anymore.  I hope they have survived, and just grown up and moved on.

Right, it's about time to have some lunch, then meh, don't know what I'll get up to.

ABOVE:  Almost forgot my Walk Stats photo!  Not a super fast time, and in fact, there won't be any more of those. I am walking at MY PACE from now on, and I know I will enjoy my walks more this way.  It's not about how fast I go, it's about just getting out there, walking and enjoying the exercise.

The plant nursery got back to me this morning.  Explained that ALL fruit trees get Leaf Curl, and told me how to treat it.  
I say BULLSHIT to that.
I have several other fruit trees (from that nursery),  that are 100% healthy, no sign of leaf curl at all.
We have spent WELL in excess of $2,000 at that nursery over the last few years.  Sadly, they just lost a customer.  I'm really disappointed in them. 

So not much else happened today.  I pottered around doing odd jobs, even some gardening!
Then I went to Weight Watchers, where I did a 'no weigh'.   I wanted to attend the meeting if nothing else.
Maybe I'll weigh in next week, we will see.

Time to sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:08 AM

    I think I remember commenting, when you first mentioned this group, to save handwork to take to the group so you did not have to haul everything.

    I agree the hauling gets old fast (didn’t you buy a trolley to take everything, can you return it?).

    I have a girlfriend who goes to a sewing group every Friday. She has a hand appliquΓ© project, that is easy to carry, that she only works on at her group.

    Knitting or crocheting project would also be very doable.

    I would encourage you to go and make friends, do something different.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mike πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't make friends if you don't go but I know only too well how hard that can be so I fully understand your reluctance.
    Those coots are just gorgeous. So glad you didn't let the turkeys get you down. Hopefully Lacy will be able to walk with you again, soon.
    Happy birthday Mike. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike looks pretty much the same! Happy Birthday!
    The bird peck is pretty good! Ironically, on my 4 hour drive today I listened to a Radiolab Podcast called Animal Minds, it was kind of about whether or not animals have emotions like humans. It appears that those birdy parents DO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Happy Birthday Mike πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ I've been walking to work this week so far that app doesn't give me the same information as you get I'm probably doing something wrong πŸ˜… bloody hot here today 26 degrees summer is on the way!! GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely keep doing the walk you love. We found a walk today at Te Aroha around a wetland which was approx the same distance and I thought of you and your lake walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janene7:57 PM

    Mike's barely aged!! Lucky bugger! Good on you for getting back to your favourite walk, at your own pace. That mumma bird is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday wishes to Mike.
    Those baby coots are cute! As
    Love the selfie good on you for walking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The birds are too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.