Friday, December 01, 2023

FIRST BRAID RUNNER BOO BOO

 I have NO IDEA how I did it, but last night I was 70% finished constructing the latest runner top, when I realised it was wonky as fuck!

So now I'm not sure if I should finish it, and use it as a 'family gift'... while admitting it's a wonky one... or throw it in the bin.

ABOVE: It's such a shame, as it had the potential to be a really lovely runner.

What would you do with it?  Bin it?  Finish it?  Gift it?

While I, (and you), ponder that, I'm off for a mall walk this morning.

Then Marley is off to the groomers.  Coco's turn next week.

When I get home I am going to make another runner, exactly the same as the wonky one above.  This time I hope it works out STRAIGHT.


8.56 am:  I just arrived home from my morning walk.  Lacy and I 'did' the mall again.
4 lengths of the bottom, and three of the top.

ABOVE:  A faster time today, no time lost dodging people.  *Remember*, my walking app does not record distance or pace inside the mall.

ABOVE: The place was deserted, apart from people who work there, getting ready for the day.
Even the food court was completely empty, the eateries had NO FOOD in them yet.

So, it was a good walk.  

Now that I'm home, I'm going to finish the 'boo boo' runner.   edit:  Nope, I decided to leave it till next week and make another non-wonky one.
 
Marley has to be at the groomers mid morning, so I shall take a break then. 

ABOVE:  And there we have a perfectly non-wonky # 49 Braid Runner.

The wonky one is going to get finished sometime next week.  

And now... I'm taking a break.

9.41 pm:  Well it's been a good day.  I got another runner made.  I started another one as well.
I cleaned the inside of Steve's van, that we are using for a while.
I folded up two weeks worth of washing... JEZUS Stew wears a LOT of bloody socks!
I folded up 23 pairs of HIS SOCKS, and just 5 of mine.

That was a big job done.

Stew went to his work's Christmas Dinner, partners NOT invited.  Arese holes.

And now... it's the end of the day, and we shall be heading off to bed soon.
Thank god we don't have to get up early in the morning.

14 comments:

  1. I would gift it, since I hate waste. Wasted fabric, wasted time, wasted effort. Gift it. Or sell it for half price (people love a bargain)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 AM

    I would buy it off you for my daughters table, would be a nice Christmas present

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:14 AM

      It's Leanne here also

      Delete
    2. Leanne, I'm happy to sell it as a SECOND... meaning half price. PM me or email me on stewandchris@hotmail.com if you are interested.

      Delete
  3. Sell it as a “second” at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Yeah, either sell as a "seconds" or gift it. If I lived nearby I'd buy it. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Colleen and Tracy said exactly as I was thinking you could have "seconds" box...most people wouldn't notice...especially after a wine at dinner!...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even see the wonkiness. Leave it and sell as a second !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't either. Show me the wonkiness! If I was in NZ I'd happily buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:35 PM

      I had to look hard, myself, and I am a quilter.

      The easiest way to see it is to first look at the size of the triangles in the four corners.

      Then look at the length of the long pieces.
      Vickie

      Delete
  8. It looks fine to me, JUST LEAVE IT AS IT IS .Someone will happily buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:46 PM

    I agree with the other comments, I really can't see that it's "wonky". Sell it as a seconds or gift it, I am in Italy so can't buy any of your work which is a real shame as your work is so interesting and useful. I have said before you are very talented. Ro ~ N.W. Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:02 PM

    On Seven Sharp tonight they showed an exhibit at the Waikato Museum that you might be interested in. It is called Wharenui Harikoa and it is crochet, knitting and yarn bombing of a wharenui partly made by a husband and wife and several overseas textile artists in very bright colours. I thought of you and the yarn bombing you have done in the past - maybe worth a look. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:02 AM

    I have been thinking about your low volume of socks.

    Stew’s volume of socks is similar to mine.

    I go thru 3-5 pairs of socks a day. I wear one pair to climb the stairs and then when I get home, I put on a dry pair to walk the dogs. The minute we get home, that second pair goes in the dirty clothes. And so on.

    My feet sweat. My socks get damp. I do not stay in damp socks at all. I would have a major problem with blisters, damaged skin.

    I wear very supportive slippers in the house, with no socks, so the skin on my feet can breathe, when I am home.

    I wear supportive athletic shoes/socks when I walk. I have three pairs of those shoes - gardening, walking dogs, errands. I replace those shoes often, some once a year, some every other year.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.