Friday, November 10, 2023

LET'S HAVE A BORING DAY OK?

 I'm going to do my utmost to make today really, really boring.

No more drama.

No more upsets.

No bad words.

Here's some photos of my immaculate sewing room! ...

ABOVE:  All the fat quarters nice and tidy .... easy to see and all labelled.


ABOVE:  An entire wall of 'scraps'.  I use scraps a lot with my Wonky Houses, Fish Runners etc.  I hate to throw any fabric out, but yesterday I got a bit ruthless and discarded quite a bit.

Next week I will go through all those scrap boxes and get rid of anything I know I won't use in the next 10 years.


ABOVE:  My super organised work bench.  I love this bench!  We got it from Mitre 10.  The roll out drawer is perfect for all my bobbins and threads.


ABOVE:  I can see the floor!  Only one box under there now.  And hopefully I sell that Cat Quilt and that box will be gone too.



I'm not walking around the lake today.  I might go for one later on... just around my suburb.  It will depend on my mood, and how I feel about walking on my own. 


I have had the BEST, truly the best and happiest walk in a while!
I took myself up the road and parked at the supermarket.  Then took off for my destination.

ABOVE:  My 'destination' was the start of the Waikato Expressway, Rototuna on ramp.
I had plotted it with my walking app, and it was doable.  Easily doable.  Heaps of traffic passing.  So I didn't feel unsafe at all.

ABOVE:  I was happy with the distance and my pace.  It is another perfect walk for me.  And the best thing is I don't actually have to drive across town, through rush hour traffic to get to the lake for my walk.

I still LOVE the lake walk, and will continue to do it sometimes.  

ABOVE:  The beautiful Waikato countryside, only a few minutes drive from my home.

ABOVE:  I wonder who 'planted' this one?  😂

ABOVE: There are several small bodies of water on this walk.... and I found DUCKS and DUCKLINGS!!!  So happy.

ABOVE:  These ducks have a little island, so are fairly safe from predators, like feral cats.  And of course, heaps of marshes to hide in too.

ABOVE:  Wild flowers picked along the way.  I have a plan for them, and successive flowers I pick.  

ABOVE:  On the 'home stretch'.  The first houses in Rototuna North ahead of me.  

It was warm today, but as I left fairly early, it wasn't scorching.  I had Spotify playing music and I was just so happy to be walking.

Now that I am home, I am contemplating doing a small grocery shop before I go and bask in the wonder of an immaculate sewing room.  lol

VICKIE:  I think the idea of a larger, rectangular board on my ironing board is an EXCELLENT IDEA.  I will see if I have anything that is suitable, if not I'm sure our son Steve will have something I can use.


YES!  

I am loved.
I am happy.
I AM STRONG.
 

ABOVE: Photos of the Cat Quilt Kit I am selling.   As requested by SPARKLING.

ABOVE:  Basking in the 'Immaculate Sewing Room' will have to wait.  I've come down with a massive headache.
Just too much on my brain right now.
2nd day in a row... 

and wait.  There's more!

I CAN'T SLEEP.  I've been stuck on my damn computer for what feels like hours.  
I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Usual evening here.  Dinner.  TV.
BED like right now.
It's only 9.30 but I'm tired.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. If you have headphones or ear bud, chuck them in & find some music or a podcast to listen to on your walk. I do that at the gym & the time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 AM

    I prefer to walk by myself (with dogs). I can go on my own schedule, no messing around, no canceling, my own pace. I use earbuds and listen to audio books. I walk at least twice a day to break things up, fresh air, exercise. Having the dogs helps, they love to go, are very good/pleasant, do not talk/interrupt, keep me motivated. Before these dogs, my daughter’s who stay with me while she is at work, I borrowed the neighbor’s dogs (for five years) to walk.

    Think about using
    walks, exercise equipment, pool,
    on your own schedule, to break up your day.

    It helps my hands and back and eyes to sew in shorter increments and do different things throughout the day. I also take a short nap every day, packed with hot packs.

    My opinion - be dependent on yourself, not others, for doing what you need to do for your health.

    You have an advantage - from what you have said, you can walk to run errands, that is fabulous.

    One thing I see that I have, that I think you would love is a large rectangular ironing board top that goes over my regular board. The bigger rectangular shape is fabulous for quilting. If I want to use the regular board, like to iron clothes, lifts off easily.

    Maybe you have one and it was just not visible in photo.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Chris, your crafting room look AMAZING - love the organization! Dawn P. Albany, Georgia USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 AM

    I am a solo walker, much prefer walking on my own. Early mornings are amazing with birds and the noise they make, I live in an area surrounded by multiple golf courses and the beach, very peaceful. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda10:35 AM

    You go girl 👏👏👏👏 I’m sure on weekends you and Stew will enjoy your beautiful lake walk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Solo walks can be very rewarding. I am sure you will have some company again when things have settled down. The waters have been churned, the crap will sink to the bottom and the good stuff will float.
    Your sewing room looks amazing.
    Do you have a photo of the cat quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Gee I expected the cat quilt kit to be blue lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snort*. If it was I'd probably keep it!

      Delete
  8. That is a gorgeous quilt. I am sorely tempted but my quilting days are behind me. I hope someone sees what great value it is and snaps it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay to find a walk close to home - makes your walks easier especially for early morning/late afternoon when the temperature is good. I listen to lots of podcasts to make walking interesting! There is such a huge variety to chose from - and some really interesting ones too. I listen to true crime ones - makes me want to keep going to keep listening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:36 PM

    It is a very lovely quilt, unfortunately my appliqué days are very far behind me.

    But you have been motivational, I have a beautiful bird appliqué kit that is untouched. I need to either sell/gift it or find someone to do the handwork for me.

    Earbuds work well for me when I cannot sleep. Now I put on an audio book that has very even tones and listen. It usually puts me to sleep. British voice works best.

    I had a DVD biography of Winston Churchill, narrated by his granddaughter, that did the trick for many years. I never made it past the first fifteen minutes.

    The unfortunate part of this is I fall asleep on guided coach tours in the UK. The voices sooth me right out, very easily.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:42 PM

    What a lovely walk this morning and there was little ponds with ducks. I spent the afternoon at school watching the boys doing athletics..
    Hope you have a lovely quiet evening. 💙 Bex

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.