Thursday, November 09, 2023

FAT QUARTERS TODAY

 Luckily, today my job in the sewing room is going to be much easier than yesterday.  I did a HUGE amount of work yesterday!

ABOVE:  I just have to sort out and re-fold these fat quarters, and the little bits of fabric that are not small enough to be called 'scraps'.

Hopefully I can do that while sitting down, because I kinda overdid it yesterday.

I'm still knackered.  And tired.  So damn tired.  

I have this saying running around in my head:  IF IN DOUBT, DON'T.  And that's kinda how I feel about the next bit of my post... but I ignored the nagging bitch in my head.



While in the sewing room today, I best have some really loud music playing to block out my thoughts.   

Cos right now I'm feeling really sad/angry/conflicted.

Family matters again.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  There's been LOTS OF THINGS.

I can't seem to catch a break.

 My life is NOT 'THE WALTONS'.  

If ya know, ya know.  😂

I am sure some people will relish the thought that I have stress and strife in my life.  But know this, I BOUNCE BACK every time.  It might take a bit of time, but it does happen.

THEN... I put up walls, slam doors shut, and move on.

I have a right to protect Stew's and my feelings.  And I will.  We have a right to be happy. 

Oi YOU. Fix it before it's too late.

Treasure and nurture what is important to you.  

Am I ?  


8.30 am.  I remembered a few things that I have added to my post over 'there'.  So go back if you have already read it.

I'm up.  Surprisingly, I had a good sleep last night, I totally didn't expect to.  So I'm rearing to get started on that job in the sewing room.

At some point I will go out and do a grocery shop as well.  To break up the day.

ABOVE:  And it's 10 am, and I've got the Aqua and Blue lot done.  Onto greens now.  They will share this box.

I'm listening to the Robbie Williams Doco on Netflix.  Interesting.

It is now 1.15 pm!  Shit where has the time gone?
I had to change containers for the Fats, back into their original boxes.  They fit better in them.

I have three boxes left to sort.  But right now, I'm bloody hungry.
So I'm off to the kitchen to get me some food.


Anonymous1:46 PM

It's funny how we as adults try and raise our kids to have respect for our parents and other adults, and yet some adults will cut there kids out of their own lifes at the blink of an eye or when the situation doesn't go their way..

ReplyDelete


ANON:  Are you shitting me?  NO parent cuts a kid out of their life for NOTHING.  Some serious shit has to have happened.  It has in our family.


This blog post is not my usual sort of one, and for that I'm sorry.

I will do better tomorrow.  It will be fucking boring.  😂😊😅


My neighbour went out at 8.50 am.  She's still out.  Her dog has been barking non stop for over 6 hours.  I want to kill it.  I'm in the right mood!

8.09 pm:  I just picked Stew up from the pub.  He had a nice time catching up with his mates.
I got my sewing room TOTALLY sorted out, first massive clean up in almost 4 years.
It feels so good.  I might just have to sit in there tomorrow and soak up the neatness.  😂😅

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement.  And mentally drained as well.
At least I know I will sleep well tonight.

And on that note... LATER SLATER.

Don't ask... it is what it is.

20 comments:

  1. Oh NO! What in the world! I am so sorry you are upset and having issues again. You are absolutely right to take care of you and Stew first and foremost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 AM

    I am so sorry Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Hugs. I am so sorry. You and Stew are fabulous and do not deserve this treatment. More hugs. Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I didn't know, but I do. Just thinking last night how great everything is going ... several things resolved ... and boom, people being asses. Sorry you're dealing with whatever it is ... hope it gets resolved and you can move on (or you can just move on).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Grrr. Why do they create bs and take it out on parents. I'm so over my daughter creating so much shite and family turning against me. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that’s a lot of folding and sorting and slowly but surely the cupboards and storage will be all nice again. You did your wardrobes and the linen cupboards now sewing room I foresee a relaxing summer with pool fun trips away for you and Stew nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great there in the craft room. A good tidy is so satisfying. Just goes to prove that there are things we can control, and those that we have to endure. Big hugs to you. I hope that you can put yourself and Stew first, and enjoy spending time with those that are not causing you grief. You deserve to be respected, and if they don't, they deserve to be ignored until they can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes playing with fabric (and yarn) and tidying it up is as satisfying as actually making something! Hope it help you feel better, chook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:46 PM

    It's funny how we as adults try and raise our kids to have respect for our parents and other adults, and yet some adults will cut there kids out of their own lifes at the blink of an eye or when the situation doesn't go their way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU. ARE. A. TWAT.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:47 PM

      ❤️

      Delete
    3. Anonymous6:52 PM

      Most parents belive in forgiveness, as I have been reading for many years, you have have been put through a lot with most of your kids, and forgiveness most and welcomed them back with open arms, and others you have not...

      Delete
  10. Jenny4:05 PM

    I feel for you Chris it’s hard having family crap to deal with. You’d think with all your kids as adults they’d actually act that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh shit, a snarly cat ... that bad, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute cat! It's got a smile on it's face! Sort of a smile right? lol

      Delete
  12. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Did you find a lot of things you forgot you had?

    My husband helped me clean mine out last month. I got rid of a lot of weird stuff that had accumulated. I reorganized what I was keeping. Biggest point - can vacuum much easier! It has made a huge difference.

    I took my fourth (large) top (since July) to my long arm quilter last night. I plan to get three more tops pieced before the end of the year.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did find quite a few fabrics I didn't even know I had. Goodness knows how long they had been in my stash!

      Delete
  13. Anonymous1:28 AM

    I brought up my kids to have respect, to work hard and to stand on their own two feet after they left the nest. I stay out of their business and don’t offer an opinion about anything unless they ask for it.. so far we are all happy. One has gone through a divorcee and the other lost her spouse in a horrific car accident, not his fault at a very young age, so there have been troubles in their lives. I am very proud of how well they have handled everything. One just recently found a lump in her breast and she said don’t worry Mom I will handle it. Turned out not to be cancer. I wish you more peace in your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you find some relief from all this stress. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sewing is a hobby. Collecting fabric is a whole other hobby! Your sewing space is fantastic and very well organized x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.