Monday, November 20, 2023

I LOVE THIS ONE

 I'm always saying "I LOVE THIS ONE" eh?

LOL

I'm gunna do it again.

ABOVE: There ya go.  My first ever Twisted Pole Runner.

I wonder how many I will make over time?

Late, late last night I plotted my next one...


ABOVE:  I drew this one up at around 11 pm last night, then I cut out the fabrics.

Today I will sew it up.  

After this one is completed, I'll do what I should be doing, and make more Bowl Cosys.

Though as the weather is looking like utter CRAP this coming Saturday, I'm not expecting it to be a good market to be honest.

Which is a shame, as it's quite a big market, with around 188 stalls.  All out on a field, exposed to the elements.  πŸ˜žπŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©

Right, enough bitching.   I'm off for my morning walk.  

The weather is lovely for walking... cloudy, even  possibly raining at some point.  Crazy how I don't mind rain at all, except when it's a market day!  Well, OK, it's not crazy actually.  Derrr.  


9.30 am:  As I needed to do some banking today, I decided today's walk would be down to the bank at Rototuna.  As it was quite cloudy, I left in a sweatshirt, not thinking I would overheat.
I did.
Soooo bloody stupid of me.  I should know by now that I should NEVER walk in a sweatshirt, no matter what the weather.

ABOVE:  By the time I got to the shops, the sun was coming out, and as it had been raining, it was like walking in a sauna!

ABOVE: On my way home, my only respite from the heat was under these trees.  I was so thankful to stop for a while.

ABOVE:  My walk stats reflect how uncomfortable I was.  A bit slow, but at the end of the day, it was exercise.  And that's what matters to me.

Now... it's time to get a few household jobs done, then I can get back to sewing.

ABOVE:  Quilting.

ABOVE:  Ominous .... just waiting for the downpour.

Well after all those dark, ominous clouds moving to the right across my sewing room, about 2 hours later then wandered back!  But didn't burst.  Just a few spits so far.  And some thunder.
There's a Thunderstorm warning out... so maybe we will get a storm yet?
I LOVE storms.

Stew arrrived home as per... and then I decided to do some baking.

You know that Chocolate Brownie/Cornflake Caramel slice we bought at the Tamahere Market on Saturday?
Well I found several recipes for it... so I'm trying to make it myself.

I'll let ya know how that goes... once it's done and set.
Probably won't be ready till midnight! lol
Stew is like, bugger.  πŸ˜•πŸ°

8.51 pm:  Well the slice is in the fridge.
Let's see if we can leave it alone long enough to set!  lol

Photo tomorrow.
Catch ya then.

12 comments:

  1. Love the new design and colors. I'm don't mind walking in a light rain ... only thing I worry about is the path being a bit slippery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever 🀩. Looks amazing. They always get the weather wrong so you'll probably be ok πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the runner! Its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Really lovely! Your points are all very precise.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Love love love this runner. 65 and still ya dnt know not to walk in sweat shirt lol. Have a great day my friend. Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:16 AM

    You are so talented Chris. The colours are so complimentary to each other and so effective. I had a go at painting my black garden pots with "chalk effect" paint. That was a disaster. I tried to do flowers and hearts. Nope they were tragic. So I morphed it to a smooshing effect with a sponge - I can't really say they look better. But they are not black, so that's a positive. right?? But I also ruined a pair of jeans with paint. Because when I was lifting it off the table - some just transferred. Should have considered that. Don't choose heavy pots. Your stuff always looks bloody brilliant. I know you have to tweak it at times but essentially you just have a great flare for it. Weirdly it's lovely seeing how creative people are, blows my mind. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for the downpour as well.....
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:10 PM

    I'm enjoying the cooler breeze it's been so humid. There was a bit of thunder before. Bex πŸ’™πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I prefer this runner design to the previous one. Maybe because it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate brownie cornflake caramel slice....OMG...NO I am not looking up the recipe!
    You're like me when I walk. Even in midwinter I never wear any heavy clothes . I always get get overheated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:47 PM

    Eat one small piece each and then giveaway the rest of the pan!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.