Wednesday, November 08, 2023

WALK, THEN WHAT?

 Amanda, Lacy and I are heading out nice and early for our lake walk.  The weather is looking good, a bit cloudy but not raining.

NOT that I'd mind if it did rain.  I love walking in the rain.  It means I don't get too hot.

After our walk I will come home and ponder my next project.

Maybe I will make a start on that new blue quilt I got yesterday.  OR find the one I bought ages ago in Rotorua, and start that one?  Seriously, it cost a huge amount of money and I've not done a thing with it.

Was it cats?  Or dogs?  I can't remember!

Either way, I will start one of them today.  

You will have to wait and see which one, won't that be fun for you!  

😊😉😅😂  I know you are all gunna be hanging off ya seats in anticipation.  Right?


9.48 am:  Well the weather was perfect for our walk this morning.
A very cold wind was blowing, so I didn't overheat. 
Just Amanda and I this morning as Lacy was in too much pain.
She has FINALLY taken herself off to the Doctor, which we have been telling her to do for over a week.


ABOVE:  I'm slowing increasing the distance we walk... but trying to keep the pace up.  Succeeding so far.  😊😉

Since talking about choosing a project to start on, I have other plans.
My sewing room is getting a huge tidy up.
I have fabric and half finished projects, and boxes all over the bloody place.
So, that's my mission today, to sort it all out.  

Oh and that kit I bought in Rotorua?  It's CATS.

WTF was I thinking buying a cat quilt kit?  I don't even LIKE cats!


Bex just called in after having a Glucose Tolerance Test, which involved a few blood draws.  She's a fainter/vomiter when it comes to needles ... but luckily neither happened today.

She gave me a reason to take a break from the big tidy up.  I needed it.

It's going to take me literally ALL DAY.  I am doing a thorough job if it this time, not just vacuuming the floor.

OH and I've decided to SELL the Cat Quilt Kit.  I'm simply not going to do it.  I don't even like it now.

So Bex kindly put it on a couple of places on Facebook that she thought might work for selling it.  So now we wait and see if anyone wants it.

Once the sewing room is back in order I will definitely be starting the blue quilt kit I bought yesterday.

3 pm.

OMG I'm exhausted!

I am about half way through?  Not really sure how much longer this is going to take.

But for now, I've done this:

ABOVE:  Left photo is what used to be the 'craft' cupboard.  Right side is how it looks now, with all quilting/fabric stuff in it.

I'm ashamed of how that craft cupboard looked !   I had really let it go feral.


ABOVE:  Now all the other 'craft stuff' is in this cupboard in the spare middle bedroom.

In the bottom is my 'going to patchwork group' stuff.  Trolley, bag, cutting mat etc.

So now I've got to sort out all my fabric fat quarters/similar sized pieces of fabric into these:

ABOVE:  I have so many of the same colours... they will fit so much better in these boxes.  

Instead of these:

ABOVE:  Some of these boxes are so messed up!   It will be wonderful to get them all sorted out.

They are what 'inspired' me to do this big tidy up.

I dreamed about it.

And when I dream about doing something, I gotta do it.

But right  now, I really need to take a good break.

I might not even get back to this until tomorrow.

It's not going anywhere.


Pfffft... I kept going, and going... until my back couldn't take it any more.  So I stopped at 6.15 when Stew arrived home from work.

Then I cooked us some dinner, beef stew and mashed potatoes.  Now?

I'm not moving from my chair till bedtime.

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Can't wait to see which one you start on. Enjoy your walk! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would start the new project first, just so it doesn't end up being the old project in the closet a few years from now. You bought it now, you are excited about it now, you should start in now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That confirms it! Once the sewing studio is nicely tidy - you will begin the NEW project!
      As for the other one:
      Somebody out there LOVES cats and that project will find a home. Or you can sell/donate the pattern and someone else can bring it to life!
      I am off to Pickleball. My new addiction.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:02 AM

      Good plan!
      Vickie

      Delete
  3. I did wonder when U said U found the quilt kit U U would have cats. But great Bex is gonna hopefully sell the kit on Facebook I find things sell very quickly on there rather than trademe and no fees better still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:20 PM

    My comments are going to my mail box as not delivered so will try as announce. I said I was surprised U had a cat quilt kit. Good idea sell on Facebook I have lot of success on there and no fees like trade me.
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felicity, that is the FIRST time in a couple of years that your comment has come through in the 'normal' way! It usually goes into a Blog Spam Folder in the Settings. I found that out a couple of years ago by accident, and always remember to check during the day to see if you have left a comment! This time it came through perfectly, to my email to be moderated. Well done!

      Delete
    2. For some reason over the last few months I have to post as anonymous. If I use google that I am signed in to then it bounces back to me as undeliverable
      Dee

      Delete
    3. Freakin' blogger/google! I've no idea why it has these glitches.

      Delete
  5. I logged out and back in so will see what happens with this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lordy that did indeed need organising looks great and look at all that space now and containers to fill up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:37 AM

    Love your cupboard storage. Well done. Hugs and healing wishes for Lacy. Hugs for Bex too. Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:44 AM

    I've got a whole room for my fabric now but still can't find anything. Hoping to get in there soon. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.