Saturday, November 25, 2023

KORIKORI MARKET, ROTOTUNA 9 - 2

 We are up.  Bright and early, about to leave for the market up the road from us.

The weather is looking really good!

Last night I made lunches to take with us today.

I used our lettuces and our very first cucumber too.

ABOVE: Very proud of our cucumber, and hope he's not the one and only!


ABOVE: Doesn't that look delicious?  Any left overs will be for dinner.


ABOVE:  I saw this on Facebook yesterday, and just had to share it here.  It is totally, 100% how I feel about life.

And let's be honest, who the hell 'feels' their age?

I still 'feel' 30 most days, unless I have to run, jump, lift something heavy and so on.  So, let's just avoid those activities lol. 😅😉😊

Time to get a move on... put me face on, clothes etc.  Catch ya once we are all set up at market.


... 
ABOVE: Perfect weather. Very brisk, cold wind though. I'm freezing now that we are all set up.

ABOVE: It's  almost 8 am and we've been ready for an hour already!

ABOVE: Bex and Ren are not too far from us. This is Bex's last market for some time.  Clearly she will be home with a new baby soon enough.




ABOVE: One crochet stall selling DRAGONS.  They are amazing.

ABOVE: A fellow Marketeer... loves his sunglasses according to his Dad.


ABOVE: Lacy 'n' Keera visited us this morning. 

Nearly 1 pm. The market is going fairly well. An AVERAGE turnover for us. I'm finally warm, after being cold all morning. 
Looking forward to getting home soon.

2.45 pm:  finally home.  Out of the wind, thank God!
We are so thankful we have a very strong, robust gazebo. Today the wind was extremely blustery and gusty... lots of people could be seen literally holding their gazebos down!

Our day went well... it was a bit quieter than we would have liked, but we did fairly well by the end of the day.

So nice to be home with our feet up.  Toasted Sandwiches for dinner... chicken, camembert cheese and cranberry sauce.  Sounds rather yum.

But not yet.  We really enjoyed our chicken salads too... munched on it all day.  For once, we didn't buy any market food!  

Feeling very happy I didn't succumb to anything like cake, chips or hot dogs.  I think I'm finally feeling like I can move some kilos before the end of the year. DOWNWARD.

9.37 pm:  So Stew and I have had a very quiet afternoon and evening.  We are both knackered.... it was a very early start today, and markets are always tiring.
I can't wait to get to bed.
So on that note...

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck 👍 gorgeous weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Have a good day. I wish I was there. Those dragons are gorgeous. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwionholidays11:21 AM

    Looks like a lovely day there
    Good on you all
    Lovely for you all and the pics of yo one’s cuddling Keera are beautiful,

    Chris if that runner above Keeras head hasn’t sold by now I’ll be amazed
    The colours are stunning together

    Happy sales
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear you have a lovely day for the market. I hope there are lots of visitors to the market and you have a profitable day 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dragons were really something. Glad the market went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great not getting dragged into that market food good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bex, you crochet creations are amazing!! You are so clever and goodness knows how you get the time to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.