Wednesday, November 15, 2023

JUST A THIS 'N' THAT POST

I forgot to tell you what I found out about my new BEE CARD yesterday.

The lady behind the counter was so lovely!  She informed me that with my BEE CARD I can travel on ANY public transport, be that bus or train, ANYWHERE in the Waikato, and quite a few other towns and cities too!

So, if I wanted to, I could get on the train and take a day trip up to Auckland and back.

I can take a bus to Raglan, Te Aroha, Matamata, Cambridge... you name it. As long as it's in the Waikato area.

AND if I want to, when I'm in Auckland, I can get an AT HOP Card and travel on their public transport for free too.  So the ferry's would be free, the trains and buses.  How amazing is that?

Literally anywhere in New Zealand, as long as I get the appropriate CARD... I can travel for free.

I'm liking this getting older shit! 

I am out of sync with my walks.  Should I go for another one today, after doing one yesterday?

Not sure.  Perhaps the weather will dictate what I do. It's supposed to just be cloudy today, so would be perfect for walking right?

ABOVE:  I ruled up my new 'ironing board'....

ABOVE: Then I drilled holes in it for ventilation.
Today at some point I will put a woollen blanket over it and staple that on, then make a removable cotton cover for it.
It's gunna be magic to use!



ABOVE: Well I did it.  I went for me walk around the lake.
The blue sky is deceiving, it was very overcast and cool.   Perfect for me.

ABOVE:  So many of the birds were sleeping today, all tucked up under their wings keeping warm.

ABOVE:  I've been watching work on this intersection for a few weeks now.  I thought they were putting a roundabout in, but nope.  It almost looks like they are making it one way... but that would be a daft idea.
I suppose I'll know what's the haps eventually!

ABOVE:  I love this mish mash of trees and branches!  You can find beauty wherever you look, if you look hard enough.

ABOVE:  Not a bad time today, said she who wasn't bothered about her times!  lol
But I wasn't pushing myself, just doing my thing. 😂😊

I'm expecting Lacy over soon for a quick visit, so I better get off here and make sure the door is unlocked.

1.51 pm:   Well Lacy has been and gone, like the whirlwind she is.  In and out in the blink of an eye.  I love her for being such a lovely daughter and taking the time to check on me.

Like Bex, always there for me.  

Talking of Bex.  She's got an ultrasound this afternoon, as Steve can't attend with her, she's taking me instead.   OMG... I'm going to see the newest  Grandbaby today!  I'm soooo excited.

ABOVE: I now have the woollen blanket stapled onto the ironing board.  Next is to make a removable cotton cover.  ONWARD...

Late afternoon update. 
All is good with Bex and Baby.  She had placenta previa earlier on in the pregnancy, but the placenta has now moved up a bit, meaning she won't need a C-section.

I've started a new sewing project.

I've just finished sewing a phone pocket on all my walking leggings.

Stew just arrived home and now... we both get to relax for the remainder of the day.

Catch ya tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Oh - I hope you are able to have some fun adventures tooling around on public transport. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you could have some fun times checking out different public transport routes. One thing to be aware of here in Christchurch is the free travel is only during set off-peak hours. My Mum got caught out by not returning on time on one occassion and had to pay for her return. Have a good day ahead 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no time restriction on travel here in the Waikato! It is all day, every day. I am aware other places do have times when you cannot travel for free, so will be more careful in, say Auckland.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Don't forget the 9.00am to 3.00pm restriction - might be an idea to put some money on your BEE card incase you need it on the bus outside those times. I used to do that in Akld when it was still Cityride. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no restriction on travel times in the Waikato.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:44 AM

      Lucky you!! There still are time restrictions in the BOP and Auckland district. You will be as free as a bird (if they used public transport, lol). Audrey

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the flower cuttings Ma x they are in the ground now xx
    #Lacy💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leeann1:31 PM

    https://supergold.govt.nz/info_for_cardholders/q_and_a
    There are discounts at some stores too with Goldcards. Spotlight is one and I think it's 10% off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leeann1:41 PM

    Just looked it up and is 15% off at Spotlight with a Super Gold card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that info Leeann. I wonder if you can use it on stuff that is already discounted/on sale? I suppose I shall find out. *smiles*

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Love your new ironing board. The main reason I hate ironing is nothing fits on the board as half of whatever I’m ironing hangs off the side. Then once ironed, get wrinkled while I’m doing the other side. Absolutely hate it.
    Excited for you to see the new baby!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Maybe test two layers of scrap fabric with the adhesive product between them (that you use for machine appliqué) to make sure the drilled holes do not leave a line through the layers. It doesn’t seem like they would, but it is possible you might need more layers/padding/blanket.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky can the seniors (sorry) mature citizens are, no free rides here, come to think of it, nothing is free for us. Even those people who are mobility compromised and seniors have to pay to use a para transit bus. We get a discount on some things but, that's it.
    How lucky are you to see the baby, won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.