Tuesday, November 28, 2023

JUST A SEWING DAY

 

ABOVE:  I cut out 90% of these fabric strips yesterday... not a bad effort I must say.

Now I get to put them together into Braid Runners.

First off the table will be that one I showed you the line up of, the other day.

ABOVE:  Because we've been keeping all the market stuff in the van, rather than unpack it after each market, I decided it would be safer to keep it in the garage.

I didn't know if it would even FIT in our garage... as it has roof racks and it's rather Loooooong.

So I measured it.  Once. Twice, then again.

And... it fits.  JUST.

So I can now relax and not worry about it being broken into.

Steve must be wondering if he's ever going to get his van back! lol  

Don't worry Steve, after December, we only have 1 or 2 markets a month till the next silly season, in the last three months of 2024.

ABOVE: This flat top hydrangea was already in the garden when we moved in here.  I've never seen one grow this tall before!  Usually, after they flower you prune them down, but I didn't with this one and it's just grown and grown.  It's amazing.

I have Weight Watchers this evening.  I'm not sure how that will go... I've been relatively 'good' the past few days.  We'll see how I feel about those scales later.

And that's me for now.  I'll be back around midday.

  

10 am:   When I got up this morning I got a bee in my bonnet about friggin coffee tables.

And I had to re-arrange them in the family room. AGAIN.

Fuck I do my own head in sometimes.


ABOVE:  So now the biggest one is back in the middle of the room (kinda) and the trolley is between Stew and my chairs.  I had to relocate plants to outside, cos they used to be on the trolley.

I'm happy now.

Though I do already wonder how long it will last before I want to change it up again.  😩😖😕


I'm now going to sew...

ABOVE:  I'm making slow progress on this one.  I'm just feeling a bit ... jaded.

I'm going to stop for a break soon, have some lunch then think about getting back to it.

It's very quiet today.

ABOVE:  Braid Runner #46.  Tomorrow I am going to make a Black 'n' White one, or two.

They have been hugely popular, thanks everyone for suggesting I do them.

I know I resisted for ages... but they really do come out fabulously eh?

8.20 pm:   Weight watchers... I did not weigh in tonight.  I'm doing that on Friday this week.

Stew and I went out to Taco Bell for dinner this evening... it was SUPER QUIET out there!  There were only about 4 other diners there the entire time we were there, and when we left the place was EMPTY.  Wow.  

Home now, and it's cooled down heaps.  Raining steadily.  Typical, I watered the garden yesterday!  lol

So, signing off for the day now.  Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 AM

    My (adult) kids were all home for the holiday for a week+, last one just left a little bit ago. We had a very good week.

    It is the only time they are all here, each year. We see each other in various combinations throughout the rest of the year, but not all together.

    Everybody picked up, so I just have sheets and towels to wash. And they put our Xmas stuff up, so that was big help.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lot going on in the background along with the busyness of markets. No wonder you feel a bit jaded. Just have a quiet sewing day in your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:46 PM

    Hi, all lovely pics, I love Hydrangeas as well, the ones in your photo which are my favourite are called Lace Caps...I have blue ones, white ones, and magnolia coloured ones...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum has a hydrangea covered in buds she is so chuffed it was grown from a cutting. Love the colours but my brothers terrified me as a kid by hiding in my grandma plants and jumping out at me...not happy with either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Love that runner with the touch of blue!😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the runner….the blue pops it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwionholidays8:14 PM

    When I saw that Kiwiana one last night .? I wondered what would happen to it
    Looks amazing loving it
    I bought a metre of that one last time we were home and DH is gonna stretch it on canvas as a wall art
    Have so many projects on the go still won’t rock the boat and ask for a wee while yet lol

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.