Friday, November 03, 2023

LETS GET THE WALKING SHOES ON

 I'm up extra early today.

The girls and I are heading off to the lake for a walk a good two hours earlier than our usual time!

It's in an effort to beat the heat.  It will be interesting to see how I do at that time.  I'm praying I can do it, because that will mean I can continue my lake walks a bit longer.

I have taken some steps to help me cope if it's hot.

I've filled two spray bottles with ice and water.

To spray over my face, arms and legs to keep me cooler.

Here's hoping that works.  

When we get home I will do my usual morning jobs, then get back to this:

ABOVE:  The cushion cover.  It's ready for stitching now. 

It's going to make a 'pop' of colour on the bed, to tie into the wall hanging nicely I reckon.

I should get it finished sometime today.

SHOCK ... HORROR!  Coronation Street was NOT ON last night.  WTF?  It's usually on Tue/Wed/Thurs nights.  

I just checked and it's on tonight?  Weird.  Someone is dicking me around, seriously. 

I take it personally when someone dicks with Coronation Street, just so ya know.  (joking) 😥😛😂


8.55 am.  Gosh we were lucky!  It's raining now, but at 7 am it wasn't.
It was PERFECT walking weather, a heavy cloud cover and NO SUN.
I was in such a good mood this morning, which was weird as I LOATE getting out of bed that early!
But... so glad I did.  So glad the girls did too.

ABOVE:  More often than not, this carpark is full.  No trouble finding a park today!

ABOVE:  Perfect walking weather for me.

ABOVE:  It was a bit weird there not being many people around at 7 am.  We did run into a few people as we went around the lake, but no one that we usually run into.  

ABOVE:  My favourite view of the Hospital.

ABOVE:  It wouldn't be right not to add some babies eh?  Three baby Pukekos with Mum and Dad.  The parents are very protective of them.

ABOVE:  Lacy has pulled a muscle in her shoulder, so she was in considerable pain the entire time we were walking.  Good on her for still coming with us.  I'm sure she would have rather stayed home in bed.  Love ya guts Lacy.

So, my icy water spray bottle was a fail.  It was too frozen to actually spray!  So I took the top off and just dribbled water on myself when I felt a bit hot.  It worked a treat.  Though tipping it on ya head isn't a particularly pleasant feeling.
But, I had fun...


ABOVE:  I even SHARED the love!
I don't understand their faces!
I was keeping them COOL, right?


ABOVE: Today's walk was not about breaking any records.  It was about just getting out there and enjoying our walk/talk/have fun.

Hit repeat come Monday.

It's now after 9 am, and I can go to the Base.
I want to find some bottles that have a spray and fan feature.  I've had one before, so I know they exist.

10.58 :  And I've been to the mall.  Checked out several shops for the fan.  No one seemed to have any.  So I sat down and let my fingers do the walking... on Google.
And found exactly what I wanted at North Beach, a shop that was literally right in front of me!
In I went...

ABOVE:  Just like that... I bought two.  Cos they only had two.  
They have some fun stuff in there, I'll be going back for some Christmas gifts for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions of the K Mart ones.  I will certainly check them out as well.  These things don't last for longer than a year or so, so it will be good to have a couple in reserve.

Now, I'm going to have an early lunch before heading into the sewing room.

ABOVE: Sewing... but might not get it finished today.  
I've developed a bit of a headache, so might have to stop for a while and take a panadol.
Grrrrr.
As I didn't sleep well last night, a headache was probably a given.

I ended up having a good afternoon.  A little Nana Nap followed by a couple of hours sewing.

Then Stew arrived home, and Steve, Bex and boys came over for a shared dinner.

The little cushion cover will be finished tomorrow sometime.  I don't have much left to do on it.

The rest of this evening will be spent watching the telly till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Sounds like you need to make some neck coolers/chillers for yourself, your walking partners, and some extras for your craft shows. No idea if they work or not -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cushion cover ... it'll be perfect with the wall hanging. Good luck on the walk today. I'm another one that does not like walking in hot/humid conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, my flat mate had the same reaction when she went to watch Corrie. It is because it was the final of Bake Off which was longer than usual. It is back to normal next week 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:09 AM

      Last night’s missing episode is scheduled to bw shown tonight (Friday) at 9:30pm, according to the sky guide app

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Cute pillow!

    Soaking wet hair helps a lot.
    Bare legs and arms are very good, spraying them will help, I agree.

    You might do better in a loose summer dress.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:41 AM

    https://www.kmart.co.nz/product/light-up-over-shoulder-fan-43303267/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:42 AM

    https://www.kmart.co.nz/product/misting-fan-assorted-43303274/?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:07 AM

    https://www.kmart.co.nz/product/light-up-over-shoulder-fan-43303267/?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coronation Street was paused a few nights in UK because of the Rugby World Cup (it was shown on ITV). Because we are fairly up to date here in New Zealand that might be why there was no episodes last night. It should be back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:58 AM

    I was a marathon runner and we ran no mater the weather, on ice in winter was the worst, for at least an hour a day. On hot humid days, we just let the sweat flow. On the Honolulu marathon people would hand us ice to put in our caps and that cooled us down for a few moments. You just have to tell yourself “ I am going to do this short walk then go home and have a shower and a drink and then I am done till tomorrow” Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.