Thursday, November 02, 2023

I'M KEEPING IT

 I made a beautiful floral runner a while ago.

And I've taken it to market a few times now.

Every time I put it on the rack, I say to Stew how much I love it.  And if it doesn't sell over this summer I'm keeping it.

Well... I decided to just keep it NOW.

ABOVE:  It meant doing a juggling act with the paintings on the wall in this room, but I did it.

Today I am going to make a cushion cover to match the wall hanging.

That will give me something to do for the next couple of days in the sewing room.

It's nice to think I'll be making something for us, instead of for market.

I will replace the blue pillowcases with something that ties in with the wall hanging as well.

There's bound to be something that will work in a linen shop at The Base.  I'll go look later on today.

No walk today.... but there will be one tomorrow.

We are thinking of going really early to avoid the heat.  Both girls are happy to get up extra early for their Mum.  How lucky am I!

I hope I find the earlier time better and cooler.

Otherwise it will be time to say no more lake walks till next Autumn/Winter.

Right, I've a few jobs to get done before I head off into the sewing room.  I'm excited to be starting a new project, different from the 'norm'.



Well it's very quiet on here eh?

Sadly, it's just boring day to day shit now days.

I did get out to the Base to find pillowcases.  I went to every place that sold linen.
And after being gobsmacked at the prices, I finally found some that were an acceptable price, and nice enough colours.

ABOVE:  I'm happy with what I got.  I even got a couple of European Pillowcases, now I have to find me European Pillows.  I know I  have some somewhere. 

I'll go on the hunt after I've had me lunch.  Chicken on a bun.  Made at home.  Cos I'm still keeping the takeaways/cafes etc on the lowdown.

ABOVE:  Thanks to having sorted out my linen cupboards, I quickly found my European Pillows.  I didn't realise I had FIVE of them though.
One already had a white pillowcase on it...  SCORE!

Now I'm going to move on to making a cute little flower cushion cover.

3.45 pm:  I've been working on the cushion cover for the past few hours!
It always takes time, deciding what fabrics to use, where to put them, leaves, stalks and so on.
But it's almost at the stitching stage.
But for now, I'm done.

I might just take a break, cos well... I'm supposed to be taking it 'easy' today.

OH... and just to clear this up.  That bedroom is not the master bedroom.  It is our 'spare' double room.  For guests and visiting family.

Stew got home from work and then headed off to the pub for his regular Thursday night session with his mates.  He was home by 7.45, in time to feed the girls at 8.  They clock watch, I'm sure of it!  lol
Coco goes nuts when she sees Stew... she knows it's her dinner time.

Anyway, all good here.  We are watching the telly, then we will be off to bed.

16 comments:

  1. That looks great on the wall. Reaaly Really nice! You DO have good girls. I would be sleeping that early in the morning. What about evening? Does it cool down then as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, over summer it is stinking hot and humid in the evenings and over night at well. Tis horrible.

      Delete
  2. Love that runner on the wall, it adds so much colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you need to get matching exercise bikes and peddle together in the air con!!
    That wall hanging is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very smart to avoid take away. After. My cholesterol test, I must cut way back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:15 PM

    That wall hanging looks great in your bedroom. Even with the blue pillow cases it was nice just needed a cushion with a pop of bright
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do ya reckon I can do "a pop of bright" ? LOL

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:16 PM

      I’m sure you can 😂
      Dee

      Delete
  6. Love the wall hanging. I am glad you are keeping it. So cheerful. The new pillows look great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:38 PM

    The wall hanging in your bedroom looks wonderful and I am glad you kept it. Now you are ready for spring and summer. Enjoy! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:29 PM

    Curious how you hang your wall quilts. Is there a strip of board?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it's just pinned on the wall. It was supposed to be a runner, so I didn't put a wood strip behind it. I will do that eventually, now that it's a wall hanging.

      Delete
  9. Glad U kept that beautiful runner for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Beautiful wall hanging, all looks good....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  11. That wall hanging is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:35 AM

    The wall hanging looks amazing. I reckon you should take a photo and show it at the next market so people can see that your runners can be used this way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.