Saturday, November 18, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRIFFIN ... TAMAHERE MARKET

Today is Griffin's birthday.

ABOVE: The very first photo of Griffin (and Brylee) on this blog... way back in October, 2006!  He was almost 5 years old.

ABOVE: And there he is this year.  Changed a bit eh?  lol
HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY GIFFIN.  Dad and I wish you a very happy day.

Well... the weather looks like shit.
So, we head off to market knowing it's going to be a slow day most likely.
But we go because we do enjoy them usually, and at least at the Tamahere Market, we know the 'regulars' will come.

We don't have much to do before we leave, just get dressed, face on, food and drinks in our day bags, then off we go.

So, until we are all set up and can relax a bit... catch ya later.


... well I can't say it's been fun setting up in the rain... it took quite a bit  longer and was a pain in the arse.
But it's done now and we are finally sitting down having a bite to eat.

ABOVE: We had to set up slightly different this time to avoid stuff getting rained on.  No extra rack out the side today.

ABOVE: This lovely young couple sell delectable slices and earrings.

Above: We clearly didn't buy earrings.

10 am. Steady persistent rain. Cold. Wish I could lie and say it's going well.... but no. Slow trickle of shoppers/browsers. Eating shit to take the edge off the boredom. Hoping it picks up soon. It MIGHT.

ABOVE: Can smile a bit. While it's still raining, our day is going relatively well. 

2 pm:  Home.  Market wrap up:   Average attendance by shoppers.  We eventually did an 'average' days trade.  So not a disaster like last weekend.

The rain never stopped at all... and I did end up getting really cold, as I didn't have all my winter warmers with me.  I seriously didn't think I'd need them.
Lesson learnt there.

Take ya warm shit... cos you never know if it's going to be cold or not.
Luckily Stew did have a short sleeved thermal in his day bag, so I put that on under my hoodie top.

ABOVE: One of the downsides of a wet market, you end up having to dry everything out.  At least my products didn't get wet.

We set the stall up in such a way that nothing got wet.  We couldn't put out as much stock, but that didn't matter.

My job over the next week is to make more Bowl Cosys.  I sold quite a few today, so need to build the numbers back up.

Right now though, I'm in me lazy boy, feet up, blankie on, warming up again.  Listening to the freakin' rain outside, glad I'm not out in it.

LOL... I ended up having an hour long nana nap!  Then we had dinner and watched the telly.  After that I  did some prep work on what I shall work on tomorrow in the sewing room.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Hope it goes ok. We're driving to rotorua... I'd stop by but on a tight schedule getting there by 9am 🀦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Griffin πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰
    I hope you have a nice day 😊 we all Love you
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the weather clears and you have a good day at the market. Happy birthday to Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I remember that wee boy 16 plus years ago at the blogger get together. Doesn't seem all that long ago. Happy birthday Griffin...nuts about the weather hope it's cleared and U make some sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:55 AM


    Drat try as anonymous. Gosh I remember that wee boy 16 plus years ago at the blogger get together. Doesn't seem all that long ago. Happy birthday Griffin...nuts about the weather hope it's cleared and U make some sales. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take rain over wind any day lol. Hopefully it's not too miserable! I hardly ever buy anything but food at markets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and happy Birthday to Griffin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Griffin!
    Love the pic of you and Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Happy birthday Griffin
    I’m glad the market wasn’t a complete bust for you
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Griffin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to Griffin. The pix of him and Brylee when small was so sweet. Glad you did okay at the market. Those squares (bars in US) look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday to Griffin.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.