Wednesday, August 16, 2023

SHOPPING FOR...

 

ABOVE:  I'm done with my current bras.

I've stitched them in, and up, and around, and across and they can't be adjusted any more!

Yesterday I stitched one up AGAIN, and then realised it was just TIME.

Time to go shopping a buy a couple of 'for now' bras.  Interim ones, that will do for the next 6 months.

So that's what I will be doing first thing this morning.  I'm feeling hopeful that I can find some that are middle of the road in cost, but comfortable.

Once I've done that, I want to get a couple of things from the supermarket before coming  home to ... MAYBE SEW.


11.54 am:  And that was a dismal failure.

And very demoralising.
Nothing I tried on fit how I wanted it to.  And my 'size' hasn't changed that much from the last time I bought bras.  edit:  Cup size, not circumference.

Disappointed.
And I left the shop empty handed.

I'm NOT buying new bras until I have lost another 10 kilos, at least.
And that better come off me damn boobs!

After that shit experience, I went grocery shopping.
I'm making a sea food chowder from scratch for our dinner.  It was going to be a roast chook, but that can wait till the weekend.

12.35 pm:  The soup base is done, now all I have to do this evening is throw in the seafood and cream, and cook it up.  I've had some for me lunch and it's lovely.   Next time I will add more potato and whizz it up so the base is less chunky, and thicker.

ABOVE:  I have been putting off doing this Braid Runner.  Why?  Cos I knew it wasn't 'my' colours and I'd probably not like it.
So, now that the top part is done... my feelings haven't changed much.
It's pretty, but for someone else!  Not my cuppa tea at all.
I'll finish it off sometime tomorrow.

Now... I shall go back inside and make sure I have everything for Stew's dinner.... it's just a matter of reheating the Chowder base and then adding the fish/shellfish and cream.

I hope he likes it.

And.... he LOVED IT!
 So happy about that, as it was a rather expensive meal.

WE just had the most weird thunder!  It sounded like no thunder I'd heard before... it was like a chainsaw going off... for a long time!  Maybe it wasn't thunder?  Dunno. 

But, the stormy weather is here! 

DAY 7 DONE AND DUSTED


12 comments:

  1. HATE HATE HATE BRAS. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 AM

    I need new bras as well and DREAD going. I hate, hate, hate bra shopping. Good luck with it all. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leeann8:35 AM

    I was looking at facebook market place and thee are some working spa pools for sale in Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Is it possible the bras you have been wearing, that you altered yourself, were old and very stretched out?

    So as you are trying on new/firm bras, they are near the size of your old ones? That would make sense to me.

    If you can find something very comfortable, consider buying just one or two, regardless of the size.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:13 PM

    I have lost weight, no where near as much as you, but nothing from my boobs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get my bras from avokado Newmarket or Rose n Thorne factory store worth a visit Pukekohe both stores

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:49 PM

    I found when I lost weight bras just don't fit me. I'm still a 16 (my "fat" is all in my belly and hips) but the cup size I have to get is a C, and I can't wear moulded cups. I have to wear soft cups, because nothing fits me otherwise. Maybe you just need to either be professionally fitted, or but a different style?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey 😊 what are you upto for lunch tomorrow πŸ˜‹ 😜.....any leftovers xx 😘 πŸ˜‰
    Love #Lacy πŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be... but we would have to go walking first!

      Delete
    2. Yes seafood πŸ˜‹ ops I mean chowder.....dam it I mean walking first πŸ˜‹πŸ˜Š

      And that dam thunder is very disturbing 😳
      #LacyπŸ’œπŸ’™

      πŸ’­#seafood πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  9. You and Lacy should consider taking Keera to see Barbie. It is surprisingly good. I have seen it twice now. Last night , I took my 75 year old Mom to see it. She liked it too. And, No - I was never into Barbie Dolls as a kid. But the movie is really entertaining and has a strong message. You are enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate bras. I'd live in sports bras now if I could they are so much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.