Tuesday, August 29, 2023

SCORED THIS

 Yesterday afternoon I went out to the letterbox to check for mail.

And noticed my neighbour opposite had put something out at the road with a 'FREE' sign on it.

So I wandered over and talked to him... and scored this:

ABOVE:  A lovely smallish bike for grandkids to ride when they visit.  

It's in very good condition too... so yaaa!

It will be perfect for the likes of Dante, Liam and Keera.

I remember putting a bike out at the roadside about 3 years ago!  Swings and roundabouts eh?  lol

Today's plan is to sew most of the day.

I've got one runner ready for quilting, and another partly put together, so I've plenty to keep me busy.

OH something lovely!  One of my dear FBG girlfriends is visiting me this morning!  I can't wait to catch up with her.  She's a real darling. 

Yesterday I mentioned something sad had happened.  Its nothing to do with Bex or Baby. All is well with everyone in our family. 

I just wanted to clear that up.



Last night I came to the conclusion that my Heat Pods have a shelf life.  Mine were still heating up, but nowhere near as hot as when I first got them.
And so I decided to change direction... and buy a heated throw.
Because it's the end of the season, they are half price (or nearly) at Briscoes.  So yep...

ABOVE:  I went out first thing this morning and bought one.  I got one of the last three in Hamilton.  LUCKY.
And OMG, it's so lovely!  It WARMS up all of me, not just my lap like the heat pods.
I love it.  I wish I'd thought of it sooner.

Of course, now I don't want to move.   I do have the heat pump on, so the house is reasonably warm anyway, but OH MY!  I'm so cosy right now.

1 pm:  My friend Christine arrived and we had a lovely long catch up.  So nice to have a visitor from Cambridge.  I really should make an effort to go over there sometimes!  So many lovely ladies in our FBG group that I miss.

After Christine left I headed into the sewing room and so far, I've done the quilting on the latest runner.

Now ... lunchtime!  What shall I have?   Might be ... cauliflower cheese and a pork chop!  lol

3.48 pm:  Meh.  I didn't have lunch after all.  I've got a nasty arse headache, so took some pills and laid down for a while.  Still got it.
Comes from getting little sleep last night.
Shit happens.

It's  a glorious day weather wise.  I should have gone for a walk.  Oh well, I will tomorrow.

Weight Watchers this evening.  I'm thinking I'll actually stay the same, or even go up a smidge.
I SHOULDN'T go up, cos I've been ever so good.
But time will tell of course.

8 pm:  I've been home long enough to have my dinner, cos I was a bit hungry.
WW result:  I lost .400 grams.
I'm happy with that.
Almost half a kilo.
Next week I vow to do even better.

Our dinner of Cauliflower Cheese 'n' pork chops and onions was delish.  Stew really loved the pork chops.  

And now... it's time to relax, and look forward to Coronation Street.  😊

DAY 20 DONE AND DUSTED.
Just over 1/4 of the way through my Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 AM

    Best get bike helmets for the kids, maybe you even still have some.

    Do you like to ride bikes yourself? Because that would be something different for you. If it had a big basket you could go shopping.

    I used to ride on an upright cruiser style, with a big basket, but then became (very) afraid of falling.

    Do your dogs ever go walking with you? Or too barky?

    Ours go almost everywhere with me. I walk with them a couple times a day. They are great in the car. They can go in several stores here, which is fun.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Bike! It looks quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Ooh-la-la on the heated blanket, I bet it feels wonderful. Enjoy! And congrats on the bike, the kids will love it. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:41 PM

    You should have some weight loss with all your lake walks plus your 73 day challenge, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays6:48 PM

    Your walks round the Lake are an awesome way to keep fit etc
    Thanks too for sharing all the fab photos of the views and all
    Such hidden gems and fab you and Lacy Stew n all take advantage of it while you can

    Would need weeks holidays there just to discover all the hidden gems you’ve shared

    Catchup soon
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice score could you add stairs anywhere into your walk? Botanical gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate stairs! And there's no Botanical Gardens here, but we do have The Hamilton Gardens. But yeah.. not doing stairs anywhere!

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.