Friday, August 04, 2023

LOVED IT

 Getting into bed last night was ...

BLISS.

UTTER BLISS.

It was so lovely and warm.

No cold spots anywhere.

I turned my side down to 1 and it stayed that way all night.

I now wish I'd gotten the electric blanket a bit sooner.

We used to have a very good one, but I've no idea what happened to it.

I either gave it to someone in the family, or donated it to an Op Shop.

I can't recall how often I give stuff away, only to re-purchase something similar in the next few years.  

Perhaps I need to hold on to stuff?

YEAH NAH.  I love giving things to the kids.

And sometimes getting yourself something new is fun too.

Who am I kidding?

I love buying shit.

It doesn't matter what it is... I'm a shopaholic.


ABOVE:  I forgot this photo from yesterday.

Yes, I'm still in the 'fat' top!

But I digress.

That chair at the dentists!

It made me FEEL small.

Clearly they are oversized chairs, to cater to all people, be they cuddly or bean poles.

I'm still 'cuddly', and never aspire to being a bean pole... but it still felt nice to be in a chair that made me feel small.  Even for just a moment.

Back to the now.

I'm gunna sew today.  I've got about 5-6 bowl cosy's cut out ready for sewing.  So I'm off to do the housework, then get to me sewing.



GUESS WHAT? ...

ABOVE:  Fresh into my email inbox this morning... Briscoes advertising their latest sale.
And of course, Electric Blankets are now half price.
So I went back to the store just now and got my $109 back!
SCORE!!!

I love that shop.  

AND now... off to sew.

Been sewing.  Watched a movie on Netflix called 'Long Story Short'.  LOVED IT.  If you like an interesting love story... watch it.


ABOVE:  This morning's bowl cosy's.
I feel like I've been a bit 'subdued' with my colour choices with them.
So, after lunch,  I will get colourful.

4.57 pm:  And I've done two more bowl cosy's  this afternoon.

ABOVE: Happy, bright ones.

I let the dogs out the front as I do every fine day.
And Coco decided she was not content with being on the property.

Luckily I was watching because she found a gap just big enough in the gate rails to fit through!  She's done it before, but I thought she'd forgotten.

I managed to get her back before she took off for the Netherlands.

Grrrr.  This means she can't be left outside anymore, because Coco NEVER forgets an escape route.  And she loves escaping.

She has been THE MOST frustrating dog to have.  All her life she's had to be watched, we have had to turn our home and property into Fort Knox because of her propensity for escaping.
Like, what's bloody wrong with staying home?
She's just a tart.

8.16 pm:  We went over to Steve 'n' Bex's for dinner.  Very nice fish 'n' chips, dumplings and so on.
Just home.
Stew is feeding the girls, then we will settle down for a few hours before bed.

Electric blanket is on, so our bed will be lovely and warm by the time we go to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Now you need to think of a clever project to upcycle that shirt. Maybe a shopping bag? Pillow? Pass it on to someone else? It's cute - so something fun needs to happen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Sweatshirts make most people look larger because they are so full. Can you curve in the sides so it is more fitted? It is so cute with the houses on there. I hate for you to give it up. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! You just mentioned getting a partial refund!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Briscoes do this now. Stu's sister doesn't live near a Briscoes so when her item was halved in price they simply credited her credit card. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Can you paint a board to match the rails and zip tie it to the rails to make the gap too narrow?

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you can get Stew or Steve to dog proof the fence. A little piece of chicken wire (ugly but effective) or put some groovy rusty bits there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.