Sunday, August 06, 2023

AN OLD ONE

 My Mum had a photo of her Grandmother on her lounge wall for many, many years.

It was in an oval picture frame.   When she moved permanently to Whitianga way back in 1999, I never saw that photo again.




Until yesterday, when Stew found it in a box in our roof space.  Looks like it had been with all the other photos that Mum gave me way back when we lived in Palmerston North!

Those photos have followed us around the country with all our moves since then.

The photo is no longer in it's frame, god knows what happened to that?

The photo is is fairy poor condition.  I am going to take it into a place in town and see if I can get it restored, or copied.

I am fairly sure that Grandmother was my Mum's Father's mother (paternal Grandmother).  My namesake, Christina Boddy.  I am going to ask a couple of Mum's sisters if they can confirm that.

Seeing all the old photos must have stirred up my subconscious, because I've been having some pretty weird dreams the past few nights.  

Not all nice.  But, I have loved going through all the photos.  So many memories.

ABOVE:  THAT is the gap Coco could squeeze through!  It was only about 10 cm wider than all the other gaps, but she figured that out.

Such a tart.  A damn clever tart.


ABOVE: Stew screwed a piece of wood into the gap, so hopefully she can no longer fit through it.


ABOVE:  She gave it a good sniff yesterday afternoon, but didn't try to get through again.  Probably because she knew I was watching her.

Back to today... we are going to go out and about, visit some parks, maybe go out to Karapiro.  Just have a nice day while the weather is so nice.


1.23 pm:  Our morning started with a walk along a section of the Waikato River.
A glorious winters day again... still some frost on the ground.




ABOVE:  1.35 kms into our walk, and it was abruptly curtailed.  So we will have to do that section once they have repaired the path.

ABOVE:  A much shorter, slower walk today.  But any exercise is GOOD exercise in my book.

ABOVE:  Just one of the many nice views out over the river.

ABOVE :  There's two new homes being built on River Road.  You can hardly see any of the progress from the other side of the river or road.  But on this side... you can actually see how they are progressing.   I will be interested to go back and see how they are doing in a month or two's time.


We are now watching a movie, and enjoying some quiet time.

Well, it's the end of a very nice day.  Very quiet on here today.... so I hope that means you fulla's have been busy enjoying the weekend.
I'm off... catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Did he paint the wood black to match fence? Because, I sure can not see it. Have a fun outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice day... the sun is so good 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Op shopping time to find the perfect frame for your great Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your old family pics. Wish I had more of my family pics, especially of my mum and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What on earth happened to the trail? You have been walking on it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a totally different walk. Along the Waikato River instead of the lake.

      Delete
  6. Love the old picture! I need to start walking again, you're motivating me to think about it haha.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.