Tuesday, August 22, 2023

FOOT PAIN, C.D.13

 On the first of July, Stew and I went into town and had lunch at Iguana Restaurant.

I wore my Ugg Boots as it was bitterly cold that day.  Not the best choice of footwear when walking around town!

When I got home, my right foot had a really big blister on the ball of my foot.

It was a really deep blister, and I figured it would probably take a while to either come to the surface and pop, or resolve itself.

ABOVE:  My foot now,  nearly two months later.

Neither thing has happened. No coming to the surface and popping, and not resolving.

It is a constant bother to me... particularly if I have bare feet.

It feels like I have a stone under my foot.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Any ideas what to do with it?  I'm at a loss, cos I really thought it would have sorted itself out by now.

Two months is a long time to have a friggin blister.

ABOVE:  Once I had done the background, it took me about two hours to put the houses on, mucking around with doors, windows, chimneys etc!

It is now at the stitching stage, so I shall be doing that today.

I always enjoy seeing these runners come to life with the black stitching.

Once I have that done, I can move on to the Kiwiana Braid Runners.

I love having work to do!   LOVE IT.

Oh yeah, I expect Lacy and I will go for a Lake walk at some point today too.

Catch ya later.


ABOVE:  Hmmm... inadvertently 'twinning' today.
There was a very cold wind at the lake, so I grabbed my FBG wind jacket thingee from the back of my car to wear.
I really didn't want to walk today, and tried to talk Lacy out of it.  She wasn't having it.
So we walked.

ABOVE: And I did my third best time!  To be honest, I went fast so I could get the torture over with quickly!
God I loathe walking some days.
Today was one of those days.

Now that I'm home, I'm going to cool down then head off to the sewing room.
Work awaits.

ABOVE:  And there it is.  The latest Wonky House Runner.  I now have to wait and see if the lady who ordered it likes it, and picks it up.

And I'm done for the day. Lacy is here for the day/night as Stew is away for a couple of days, so I might just go and spend some time with her now.

I have some news on my foot... for tomorrow.

Coronation Street has just started, so I'm off to watch it.

Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 13 DONE AND DUSTED

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 AM

    I think that looks like a callus blister. Is the skin very tough/thick there?

    If so, they are very difficult to treat. And the risk of infection is high if the skin is penetrated in any way.

    Since you are a diabetic, special care should be taken.

    Very good you have left it alone!

    I also realize you are now walking on it, longer distances, very regularly.

    Are there podiatrists in NZ that specialize diabetic foot care? That is what you need.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why that would happen after wearing Uggs for a day. I literally wear them 6 months a year. Even in the clay studio. So I can run back and forth to the house. I wear nothing else (not even shoes) from October to April . Also - taking that long to heal or making ZERO progress is suspicious. Hope somebody else has better advice. Maybe point it out to a doc the next time you are in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:47 AM

    I have no idea what that blister could be. Since it feels like a stone, could it be a stone bruise? I think I've heard of those - but I thought those were normally on your heel. I would have a doctor look at it to see if you need to see a podiatrist. Good luck! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:00 AM

    You are a diabetic, don’t fool around with your feet, see a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda9:19 AM

    First thing that came to my mind was your diabetes. Feet need particular attention with diabetes. Best check it out next time you’re at doctors or could a pharmacist help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely recommend seeing your doctor or a podiatrist re your foot. Can't wait to see how the wonky house runner looks when completed 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am chiming in with the above commenters that a foot doctor might be a good person for you to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:18 PM

    I would recommend ringing a podiatrist especially as I think you either get free treatment in NZ for feet if you have diabetes or perhaps a discount - better not to ignore. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:12 PM

    I agree - you need to see your GP and a podiatrist as soon as possible. I have diabetes and when I saw a podiatrist she talked about some of the challenges which can arise with feet - especially when internal sores/infections are not treated appropriately or promptly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on your challenge. Lovely Lacey can stay with you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.