Tuesday, August 01, 2023

LUCKY LAST

 And here it is, the last Braid Runner for the foreseeable future:


ABOVE:  Number 26.  What a run!  I have absolutely loved making them.

So, fingers crossed I actually sell heaps over the next few months so I can make more.

Today I will make a start on a few more Bowl Cosy's.  That should be fun, it's been a while since I made any.

AND... it's the 1st of August!  The year is flying by.  I dream of summer.  Once it gets here, if we actually have a summer, and it's hot, remind me when I'm bitching about being too hot OK?  lol


I have an iron review coming up in about an hour....

I read some very glowing reviews on this iron, so bought it with some confidence it would be perfect for my sewing room.

WRONG!!!
SO WRONG.

I used it for about 2 hours yesterday, then knew it would be going back to the shop today.
Why?

-  It dripped water into and all over the charging base, and that is electrical.  I was shitting myself hoping I'd not get electrocuted!
I did not over fill it either, so I have no idea why it was leaking water.

- It leaked water all over the ironing board.

-  The burst of steam only worked 'sometimes', certainly not every time.

-  Probably the 2nd most annoying thing?  It took FOREVER to recharge, and even then I felt like it wasn't at maximum temperature.

- I wasted so much time just standing there, waiting for it to recharge.  Such a waste of my time.

So I took it back bang on 9am this morning. 
And Briscoes were wonderful, and let me exchange it for the same iron I already had been using, and gave me change!  

Very impressed, and happy.

Now I can get back to my sewing knowing the iron isn't' going to kill me, or me kill it.

Cos I have absolutely no patience and waiting for it to reheat was doing my bloody head in!

To those who warned me about it... wish I'd listened to you.  But, I'm a stubborn bitch and have to find these things out for myself.  Clearly.

OH!  The cordless feature?  Didn't make any difference to my use of the iron either.  No better, no worse.


ABOVE:  it's 12.09 pm, and I'm happy with my morning's work.
This afternoon, after lunch, I will make a couple more in bright, happy colours.  Maybe even kiddie fabrics for a change.

But right now, I'm off to have some lunch (crackers and ham/pesto)... then a bit later I'm off for a lake walk with Lacy.

2.25 pm:  Home after my walk with Lacy.
My mission this week was to do the lake walk in under 40 minutes.  I've come close a couple of times in the past few weeks, but never under the 40 minute mark.

So I told Lacy we were not stopping for photos today, we were going to try to do it.


ABOVE:  WE DID IT!  It was bloody hard.  But I'm so happy.  No stopping.  No deviating off the track for photos.  Not only did we go under 40 minutes, we went well under!  I know shaving 3.15 minutes off isn't a lot, but when you are walking, it is.


After our walk, we went up the road 
and took some photos.  Of course we did.  😂




ABOVE:  Random water tower above the lake.  I wonder if it's still in use?  Can't be arsed finding out.  Someone google it would ya?  😉😅

I am now gunna take a break with me feet up, blankie on.

Just had a lovely meeting at WW.  Slowly, slowly feeling happy there.

23 years today since we lost my Dad.  It goes fast, and I have to admit to forgetting until this afternoon!  I don't think I have ever shown a picture of my dad on the blog!  Wow.
Maybe I'll post a couple tomorrow.

For now, it's time to just relax.  I'm tired after being busy all day.

10 comments:

  1. That one is totally different color scheme than the previous ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 AM

    I’m with you about wanting the warmer weather, I am in Melbourne Australia and it’s been a long cold miserable winter. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Hopefully you will have very good pool weather all summer.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:55 AM

    I hope you get to use your pool more this coming summer. Your last summer was dismal in that respect.
    I like this last runner. Very nice colors. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the runner. Glad you found an iron who will work for you. Cordless is not as great as they want us to think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Glad you were able to get your same reliable model iron in the end. Yes, those were all the things I was reading in reviews. The kids have taught me to read a lot of reviews before buying anything important. And to sewers/quilters, an iron is very important.

    My quilt top went to my long arm quilter tonight. She thinks she will have it done for me by Wednesday. Yeah!

    She and I were talking about irons. (I just had to replace mine. I am very pleased with my new one.)

    She suggested I get a second iron for when I need to use adhesives.

    It does not happen often, but occasionally I use 911 Pellon interfacing, which has adhesive and uses iron to set it.

    Here, she said Walmart sells a Black and Decker very simple light weight iron for under $12. So I think I am going to get a couple of those for any messy work.

    One of my daughters has been talking about making a T-Shirt quilt for herself using my equipment. So a second iron would be smart for that.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:32 PM

    I love the new runner
    Glad you were able to exchange the iron easily
    I got a oliso on sale which I am happy with but I don’t use water in it. If I need steam I use a spray bottle. If I am using vlisofix I use glad bake between the iron and fabric
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Steam A Seam, which I much prefer over Vlisofix. I use a teflon type sheet between the iron and the fabric/Steam a Seam to keep the iron safe from stickiness.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous5:33 PM

    Good work on the walk!!! I love Hamilton lake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. darn I was hoping the iron would work well! I hate the cord! WTG on your walk!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.