Wednesday, August 30, 2023

THIS IS GOOD

 

ABOVE:  I've seen this doing the rounds on Facebook.

It did make me smile, cos I have staff meetings ALL. THE. TIME.  

Today's is gunna be about what to make next.

Probably 3-4 Black 'n' White Runners.  I have to work out what to put in the middle because I've not got any of the fabric I used for the first 4 left.  

But before that, we (the staff and I), are off for a lake walk with Lacy.

I was told by Christine yesterday that the pace we do (10 km per minute on average) is very good!  I thought it was a normal walking pace.  But nice to know from a girl who walks most days, and RUNS too, that I'm not too slow.

I was very happy with my weigh in last night at Weight Watchers.  Something I'm doing is working!  The numbers are slowly dropping again.

But even better is the way my body shape is slowly changing.  The belly rolls are slowly going, which was one of my big problem areas.

I just need the boobs to follow suit faster.  They are reducing, I had to stitch in the front of me bras the other day.  It's all progress, good progress.


Today's walk photos:

ABOVE:  The main entrance to the lake/playground/walk.

ABOVE: The beautiful flower beds in the middle of the road and roundabout at the lake.

ABOVE: The rose beds... not any roses yet.  This sign said 'Absolutely Fabulous'... so of course I  had to pose there, cos I AM ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS... right?  😂😅😏



ABOVE:  I just love this sculpture!

ABOVE:  not looking too shabby today.
Note to self:  Stand well back from the person taking the photo and ya look smaller.  LOL

But in all seriousness, I am feeling so much better and fitter now. I almost look normal.

ABOVE:  Today's walk stats.  Another very good time!

5.32 pm:  I've been in the sewing room all afernoon.
Prepping fabrics for making Black 'n' White Braid Runners.
To think I was so against making them!  Now, I must make more because I've sold all of them bar one.
*sigh*
My back is KILLING ME from leaning over the table all afternoon, cutting strips.
It's definitely time to head out of here and take a break.

It's been a nice quiet evening.  Looking forward to Coronation Street shortly.  Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 21 DONE AND DUSTED.
It really is getting easier!


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    My large old rectangular kitchen table is in my sewing room.

    It is big, but not large enough to layout/arrange all the blocks for a full quilt.

    I have two card tables to add to the side, but they are not the right height, 2” too short.

    I remembered your hubby raised a table for you with PVC pipe.

    I got a 5’ piece of PVC with 1.25” hole in center. Table legs fit in it easily. A neighbor cut PVC into 8 even pieces for me.

    I had an old fat/wooden curtain rod that was exactly the right size to go snuggly in the PVC pipe. Neighbor cut eight 2” lengths for me too.

    Super pleased. It gives me a very large temporary work surface that I can set up and take down by myself when I need it.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeann9:08 AM

    Iris Apfel (from your quote) is 102 today. Check out her instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:05 AM

    That is funny, thanks for the laugh...staff meeting. I do it all of the time. Haha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look good girl. Those staff meetings must be a lot of fun Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Impressiveness!
    First of all - that park, garden walk area is beautiful! What a treasure to have so handy!
    Second of all, I feel like you were just wanting to get under 40 minutes... was that it? 40? Now you are taking minutes... not seconds... off that time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:31 PM

    You are doing a wonderful job on your weight loss, and, most importantly, the exercise. I can tell a difference and I know your body appreciates it. Keep up the good work and your b-day will be here before you know it.
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:40 PM

    10 kilometres per minute is more than impressive - you must be jet propelled, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm that is 10 MINUTES per KILOMETRE ! Not the other way around. lol

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:40 PM

      Still impressive! Great that you are keeping it up and it is starting to work. Audrey

      Delete
  8. Anonymous2:37 PM

    I need someone to walk with me got a wedding in November and there's a bit of winter spread happening 😆 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.