Sunday, August 20, 2023

WANTED TO WALK

 

ABOVE:  If you were to believe the weather forecast, we had Thunderstorms yesterday.

We didn't.

So maybe today won't be wet either?

I'd like to take a walk around the lake again today, keeping to my 'every 2nd day' routine. 

But, time will tell.  If we can't get a walk in this morning, we might be able to do it after dinner.  

We are expecting Stew's sister Khady this afternoon.  She's on her way to Auckland, from her home in Wanganui.

I am going to make a batch of cheese scones for afternoon tea for Khady.

At some point I will be making a start on the runner that is on order as well.  It's a Wonky House Runner, which will be fun to make.

I'm so happy after yesterday's market.  Because I sold quite a few runners, that means I have 'work' to do in the sewing room to replace them all.

I just love having stuff to do.

Next month I will be taking Christmas Runners to market.  I've got a few left over from last year, so don't have to make too many of them. 

I was surprised to sell a Christmas Braid Runner yesterday, so I shall probably make a couple more of them, plus some Reindeer ones too.  

And that is me for now... time to roll over and snooze a bit longer.  NO rush to get up early today.


12.50 pm:  And it is indeed a wet day.  On and off though, so not too bad.
We did get our walk in this morning, and only encountered some heavy drizzly right at the end of our walk.
ABOVE: Usual distance, usual pace.  Happy with that.

ABOVE:  Stew posing in one of my favourite spots in the walk around the lake.

ABOVE: This is where the shags hang out.  We often see a shag with a little fish it's caught around this area.  

Before we went walking, we popped into Chartwell Square so Stew could buy some new jeans.
His current ones were far too baggy on him.

ABOVE: He went down two full sizes!  And sure looks spiffy in his new jeans.

ABOVE:  He took advantage of the 'buy one, get the 2nd half price' sale too.  He's a happy man.

I just finished making the scones, and Stew and I had some for our lunch.

It was a little bit sad walking through the food court at the mall this morning.  The smells!  Really got to me, but we walked fast and got out of there, away from temptation as quickly as we could.   Holding strong on my 73 Day Challenge!

4.15 pm:  Well Khady has been and gone, we had a really enjoyable visit.  Scones went down well too.  



Almost time to put the calendars back on the wall, the air freshener back in the bathroom and look forward to a nice, relaxing evening with Stew.  If ya know, ya know.

Tis the end of a lovely day.  Spent some quality time with family, had me walk and some yummy scones.
Time to sign off.
Catch ya tomorrow.


DAY 11 DONE AND DUSTED


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Congrats on your good day at the market. I know that is a big relief considering how many of the runners you've made. They seem to really be a hit. And it is a good time to bring out the Xmas ones. Can you believe Xmas is only 4 months away? This year has flown by. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well with your challenge. It is good to have a specific number of days in mind - and a realistic number, too - you will get there and be so proud of yourself when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job resisting the food court. I am a sucker for that type of food! Congrats on the downsized jeans, Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:31 PM

    You're doing very well, both of you. What's the 73 day challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a personal 'Challenge' I made for myself. NO takeaway food, no restaurants meals, no cafes until my Birthday on 21st of October. ONLY home cooked / prepared meals.

      Delete
    2. lol just read this comment I was right on your Bday!

      Delete
  5. Does the 73 days end on your birthday? Stew is looking rather spiffy :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.