Friday, August 25, 2023

EYE EYE

 


This morning I'm off to get my eyes tested for any damage due to diabetes.

I've had it done 2-3 times in the past, and I know I won't be able to drive after the test, so Lacy is coming with me.

Good old Lacy to the rescue.  IF my eyes are not too blurry, we plan on going for a lake walk afterwards.

If they are too blurry, we will just go home again.

The rest of the day is up in the air too.  I might not be able to sew either.  That would be a bummer.

But ... I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I am going to the supermarket this afternoon.  As some have pointed out, I can buy hot dogs, fish and chips and so on from the supermarket, and cook them at home.

So NOT takeaways!  Tonight, I'm going to make us a home made hamburger, using chicken schnitzel and home made wedges.   I bet they come out super yummy.

And that's me for now... I'm looking forward to a good day.


1 pm: What a good morning!
First up, the eye examination went well.  We got there early, and were seen literally straight away.  We were in and out in about 25 minutes.
The drops did sting, but not for very long.

ABOVE:  My eyes were, and still are very light sensitive.  Huge, freaky irises!
They should return to normal in another few hours.

After the eye exam, Lacy drove us to the lake, where we had a very good walk.  I even jogged a few times!  Yep, and there was no rabid dog chasing me!

ABOVE: There's so many beautiful views around our lake.

ABOVE:  There's Lacy, chasing off a couple of cranky geese.  The Gander tried to have a go at me!  I wasn't into that, and ducked behind Lacy.  She got a bit stroppy with him, and in the end chased them back into the lake.
I'm sure he was just looking out for his girlfriend.  😉😊

ABOVE:  Mother duck only has 10 babies now.  The mortality rate for ducklings is quite high, depending on weather/food/predation conditions.
Living in 'town' means there's plenty of cats to eat them sadly.

ABOVE:  'Aunty Goose' hanging around the ducks.
Love that tree too, it's very interesting.


ABOVE:  Today's walk is now my 2nd best time, only 10 seconds slower than my best time!
I'm happy with that.

Once our walk was over, Lacy drove me to the supermarket, where I grabbed a few bits 'n' bobs, then we came home.
Lacy has now gone home, and I'm going to take some time out before I decide if I want to sew this afternoon, or not.

10 out of 10 to Spotlight!  I ordered more of the green fabric for my runners a couple of nights ago, and it's already arrived!  Spot on, and a very reasonable postage price too.  I'm very happy with that.

It's been an incredibly quite afternoon I must say.  No one around?  Everyone looking forward to a good weekend I hope.  I know I am.

My eyes have gone back to normal now .... it took 6 hours.  They feel tired and heavy, but otherwise OK.

ABOVE:  Stew's dinner.  I think he's a happy man.
I had mine at lunchtime.
The burgers are small compared to a shop bought one, I deliberately bought small buns.
I made myself two... but my eyes were bigger than my belly and I had to throw one down the gurgler.  😖😕

Stew's managed to eat both of his.  

And that's a wrap on today.  We shall now settle down for a lovely quiet evening.


DAY 16 DONE AND DUSTED... slowly getting there!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 AM

    I went to a fabric estate sale this morning, in a town near me.

    Quilter died, January 2023, age 71, husband was selling her stash with the quilter’s sister helping.

    So much fabric! The garage and family room were full. This was part two. They had another sale in May.

    I bought in a very organized way, specifically for two types of quilts - a red/white quilt and a blue/white quilt. My guess is I have enough fabric for 2-3 quilts of each color way. I bought a lot of both colors.

    I only bought four extra small pieces, because I loved them.

    Everything else was specific to my plan. That felt good. All the other shoppers were buying willy nilly.

    I was there for about two hours. It was fun to visit with other quilters.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Ironically my eye appt is tomorrow morning. Not diabetic, but I go every year.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:18 AM

    Good Luck with the eye test Chris and hope the results are good.I dislike having my Retinopathy screening which I have done every year and it is the drops that are the worst for me as they sting so much.My eyes are normally blurry for at least six hours afterwards and always wear my sunglasses whilst outside.Fingers and toes crossed you will be able to go for your walk.Wendy (From the UK)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:42 AM

    I love hotdogs! Especially grilled until they are black. And homemade wedges top it all off. Enjoy your "not takeaway" takeaway dinner. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:30 PM

    I hate having those drops in my eyes. I haven’t done much lately except extra hours at work, 17 extra for the fortnight, it’s all casual so extra money that you can’t knock back. It doesn’t happen often so I take it when it’s offered
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad eye appt went well. I must say your face is looking so much smaller since you are taking care about what you eat. It's a compliment. Looking good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What in the world is a gurgler? I hope you didn't toss that lovely snack! I would love to have sandwich that later as a snack or for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.