Wednesday, August 23, 2023

MURPHY'S LAW!

 WELL!

After showing you my stupid foot/blister yesterday (after having it for TWO MONTHS!), last night when I took off my socks, this is what I saw:

ABOVE:  Soooo typical!  Murphy's Law and all that shit.  It finally broke open and the skin lifted.

*It was stinging a bit* ... that's why I took off me socks to look at it.

So now I hope it heals completely and I can stop being bothered by it.

My TEMU order arrived within the stated timeframe, and nothing was damaged.

So I'm very impressed.

What impressed me the most was the lack of Shipping Charges.

Often with overseas online orders, the shipping charges are MORE than the item you want to buy.

So, TEMU gets my vote as an online retailer.



ABOVE: This is one of the things I bought.  It's for #14 Grandbaby obviously.
Lacy got to try it.  Her reaction was just a bit funny.

The second thing I bought is also for the new baby... but it has to go in the wardrobe until Christmas 2024.

I am now going to have a really good browse through TEMU, with Christmas in mind.

I slept well last night.  I'm rather happy I thought to ask Lacy to come and stay while Stew is away.
Usually, I toss and turn all night long when Stew's away.  
Every teeny tiny noise wakes me up... I'm just a bit nervous on my own.
Stew is due back this afternoon, so that frees Lacy up to do her own thing again.

I am so lucky to have a Lacy, don't ya think?  She may have put us through some shit, and driven us nuts at times, but she always has our backs.  She will always come and help when we need her.  And she's LOVING and LOYAL.  Can't ask for more really.

I'm not forgetting others in our immediate family who we love and cherish, and appreciate so much, by the way. 

I am going to work on Kiwiana Braid Runners today.
I have 7 cut out ready for stitching.  And I cut out quite a lot of the black connecting strips yesterday too.... so it will be interesting to see how many 'tops' I can get done today.

A trip to Spotlight is on the cards too, I need some spotty black 'n' white fabric for the borders.  Totally forgot that the other day when I was there.

And that is me for now.  I am gunna stay in bed a bit longer.
Catch ya later.


Remember me saying my last market at Tamahere was the best one we'd had there?
 

With the sale of the ordered runner I made yesterday, it became my BEST MARKET EVER!  How cool is that?  (bearing in mind that runner was ordered at that Market, so counts as a sale on the day)

Middle of winter and I had the best market ever.  I am going to put that down to changing our site position I think.

And there's still all the pre-Christmas markets to come.  Fingers crossed some of them are really good ones too.  😊

It's NOT all about the money we make either.  I get such a boost to my confidence when so many people LOVE my work, and tell me so. It's heartening and feels so good.

1.26 pm:  Lacy went home mid  morning, and I headed into the sewing room to get some work done.
So far I've made two braid runner tops.  My room is desperately in need of a vacum, so I will do that next I think.

Then I might head over to Spotlight for that border fabric.

Though, I might wait until Stew gets home...  he should be here in the next half an hour or so.

4.39 pm:  Stew arrived home safely, and promptly turned around and took me to Spotlight.
We found some fabrics for the Kiwiana Braid Runner's borders.  Not what I had gone down for as they had none left.  But all good, we found a couple of alternatives.

ABOVE:  This was one of the new choices for the border!  Dark Green... OMG!  I love it.
I wasn't sure about it, but it just WORKS.

I will certainly be doing a few more like that.

Now though, I'm done in the sewing room for today.  

It's wind down time for me, and Stew.  We are both tired and will no doubt head off to bed early tonight.
It's going to be another freezing night, so the  electric blanket will be going on soon.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 14 DONE AND DUSTED

Almost had a wobble this evening... I am craving hot chips!  Fish!  Hot Dogs!  Grrrr.
I've managed to resist, but it was HARD.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was a blister after all. Never heard of one that took that long. Strange.
    Throw the cactus in the pool! Good golly that thing has an awfully irritating voice! haha. Joking. That's the point of such things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:39 AM

    What a dreadful blister, I can imagine how annoying it has been in that spot. So very glad it solved itself for you.

    I have been trying to remember to deep moisturize my feet a couple times a week. I have to remember on a day I do not have yoga. And I can rub it in and then wear socks the rest of the day. I put the lotion on the bench where I take shoes on and off to help remember. By my TV chair was not working.

    We are in the midst of a very hot Indiana fall week, in the high 90’s. This often happens after the kids go back to school.

    Luckily it drops to 70’s at night which feels quite cool in comparison. But it means lots of watering which I do the minute the sun comes up while it is still cool. It takes me a long time to water my flower beds, planters, windows boxes.

    During the heat of the day, staying cool inside and sewing. Working on the next quilt. Mailed the previous one to my DIL last week. Also mailed a box of baby blankets last week which used up five big pieces of flannel. Three were just hemmed swaddling square blankets, the last one was also square but doubled and quite nice.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Haha I just showed the boys the cacti and they said that will scare the baby. Maby leave that at grandmas haha πŸ˜„ hope your foot isn't to painfull to walk on what a shit of a place for a blister.
    Have a great day bex

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, the day you asked me Ma, I was about to ask you if you wanted me to stay with you for the night πŸ˜ŠπŸ’―✌️
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cactus funny but creepy, didn’t you have a blister like that before?
    Those sorts of things are super annoying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your blister has started to heal, hope it is not painful when you are doing your walk. Great news for the market, you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another amazing piece Ma xx
    #AllMineπŸ’š xx
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make your own oven chips and fish. Super easy and not cheating :) The new runner is great so I hope you continue to have success at the market.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.