Saturday, August 26, 2023

A GOOD ONE

 

ABOVE:  Lacy took this photo yesterday at the lake.  It's beautiful, and deserves a spot on here.

ABOVE:  I spent a bit of time last night adjusting my stall layout.

NOT a huge change though, I just wanted to open up the centre / entrance a bit.

So it's not so difficult to walk in to look at things.

I took away the two small tables and replaced them with just one down the side.  So there's not going to be a table across the front, blocking the entrance a bit.

I hope it helps encourage people to come 'inside' the gazebo to look at my stuff a bit easier.

Today's plans... Well Stew is going to watch the rugby in the morning, then do his grocery shopping.

As the weather is looking good, he might get out into the garden, do some lawn mowing etc.

As for me?  I am going to work on another Kiwiana Braid Runner.

Catch ya later.


2.45 pm:  Yikes!  No updates yet today.
Sorry, but I've been really busy.
I did a massive clean up in the sewing room, it was in desperate need of it.
Then I made a cover for the large trestle table, for markets.
And then I started on this:

ABOVE:  a slightly longer Kiwiana Braid Runner.
I'm up to the quilting stage, then I will put the binding on and call it done.

ABOVE:  Right, back to it...

ABOVE:  Phew... glad that one's done.  I'm bloody knackered.  This one is slightly longer than my 'normal'.  Just in case anyone wants a longer one, I now have one.

Stew is still outside mowing the lawns and doing the edges/weeding etc.  I expect him in soon.

Then we can both relax.

7.30 pm:  So nice and cosy in my family room now.  We are watching Tipping Point, it's very interesting.  It's got Shaun from Coronation Street on it tonight, he's winning right now.

Time to sign off for the day.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 17 DONE AND DUSTED... weekends are the hardest!

9 comments:

  1. Hubby and I just got some Pickle Ball rackets and balls at the Walmart store. There is a free pickle ball court near our home. So, we have experimented with that a couple of times now. It's kind of fun. I last about 15 minutes gently volleying the ball back and forth. No rules. trying not to make the other chase the ball all over the place. We play NICE! It's kind of fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Beautiful pic Lacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Annon 😊 I must have my mumma's eye for pics πŸ“Έ xx πŸ’™πŸ’œ
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
  3. Kiwionholidays3:21 PM

    Fabulous pic of the lake Lacy yeah you do have your Mums great photography skills like anonymous said

    Such a fab eye for detail
    Love your work πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏ

    The latest runner is awesome Chris you sure have a way with craftwork,,,
    Thanks for sharing with us,

    Was a 4@m start here for the Rugby πŸ‰I usually get up ,,,,,too tired today so but missed the game but and as you would know wasn’t the games we usually see from the AB team , hopefully a one off with the World Cup coming up
    Got gifted tickets recently to Franki Vali and the 4 seasons tribute show
    Absolutely loved it πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈπŸŽΈ

    Fabulous sunny day here so lunch then wardrobe culling
    Have a great weekend there n catchup soon

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Great sewing set up Chris. I have one similar but much smaller. I can spin on my chair and use either sewing machine, overlocker or coverstitch.
    The runners are a hit for you
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could u pip down here stew ans whip around my lawns and edges please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda9:19 PM

    Oh wow that photo is sooooo beautiful πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Just love your runners Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:31 PM

    I applaud stopping and cleaning up your workspace regularly! It is amazing how many odds and ends gather quickly. And threads and lint!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried blue on the edges of the runners? Really, the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.