Saturday, August 05, 2023

LAKE WALK, BUT DIFFERENT

  This morning we are going for a lake walk.

We will pick Lacy up on our way, so she can join us.  Also joining us will be Amanda and Maitland.

We are going to do something slightly different this time.

We usually always walk the lake in an anti-clockwise direction.  Sticking to the left hand side of the path, making the walk fractionally less distance than if we walked on the right hand side of the path. 

Today I want to walk in a Clockwise direction, sticking to the outside of the path, which should add a few steps?

I will be very interested to see what a difference it makes!  

It actually AMAZES me that I look forward to my lake walks!  Crazy.  I friggin' well HATE exercise.

When we get home, Stew is going to do something to the front fence/gates so Coco cannot squeeze herself through the gaps.

I don't know what he's gunna do yet.  Time will tell eh?

While he's doing that, I am going to carry on with more Bowl Cosy's.  I'm on a roll with them.  I love the gratification of seeing them finished so fast, compared to a runner.

I will probably make a few more 'pretty and colourful' ones today.

Trying to steer away from blue.  Today I might try for some more floral ones.


11.52 am:  Just back from our lake walk.
Lacy did not end up joining us.
But Amanda and Maitland did.  It was a very enjoyable walk.
Going in the other direction made no difference to the time or distance!
But it made for some nice, different views.
I really enjoyed it.
And it didn't feel weird at all!

ABOVE:  Another sub 40 minute walk.  YES! 






ABOVE:  Some lovely photos of our walk today.
As you can see, it is a beautiful, crisp winter day.  Very little wind, which is always good.

I'm now making a few scones for our lunch.  They smell divine. 

ABOVE:  First two of the day.  Very pretty.

ABOVE:  Next two done.  I'm making one more, then I shall join Stew in the lounge to watch the end of the rugby game.

ABOVE:  Lucky last for the day, and my favourite so far.

Now... off for a piddle before I have a 'wee' accident!  Then rugby.

The rugby is nail biting stuff!  Stew is on the edge of his seat... when I joined him our guys were WAY behind.  Now they are just ahead.  Ten minutes to go.....  

AND THEY WON!  23 vs. 20  It was close right till the very last couple of minutes.  I enjoyed watching it, strangely.  

5.42 pm: We just did the weekend grocery grab.  Now home, putting it all away.

ABOVE:  I couldn't get over the size of these mushrooms!  And they are delicious.
Rather expensive too... but we just love them.

Time to think about dinner.  

We ended up having takeout Indian.  And now... just watching telly till bedtime.

12 comments:

  1. How will you be calculating the difference? Counting steps or counting minutes? With the new walkers added in, I suspect there will be more photos.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Anti-clockwise...after reading that I couldn't remember how we in the US say it...which is counter-clockwise. It took me several minutes to drum up the word in my thick skull. Thanks for the brain exercise. Ha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32 AM

    It is good for your brain to do different routines....like your new walk today, brushing your hair with the opposite hand to what you normally do...brushing your teeth with the opposite hand...walking the dog on a different route...etc..etc...makes new neural pathways in the brain..helps fight dementia...you made me think of these things this morning with your changed walk...lol.......Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda1:17 PM

    Such a gorgeous place to walk, no wonder you are enjoying it. Love the photo of you with your hair out. Looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rhonda, what a lovely thing to say. I think I look like a beached whale, but at least I have nice hair! lol

      Delete
    2. Laura3:26 PM

      You most certainly DO NOT look like a beached whale!! I think that is a very attractive picture of a strong and inspiring person.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:36 PM

    Great pictures! I am laughing at the idea that THAT is considered a winter Day! T- shirt, long sleeve, open water, grass, leaves…. Omg. It must be rough! Hahaha. This is dogstars. Enjoy your winter! I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:50 PM

    On ya Shaun Enough said catch up soon loving the pics πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ₯πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Sorry Shaun Stephenson in the game in Dunedin
    then Damien converted

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once you start having a competition with yourself to see how far and fast you go it makes the walk more interesting. I do that in the winter, sometimes. Till I get bored with walking the same old path.
    You look fabulous in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays9:49 PM

    Sorry forgot to put my name on my posts Re the Rugby πŸ‰ Was such an edge of the seat game,
    Loving all the lake walk pics and latest updates on craftwork

    Take care catchup soon πŸ‰πŸŽΈπŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ₯

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.