Tuesday, August 15, 2023

TEMU

 Last night, scrolling through Facebook, and an ad pops up for something on TEMU, it catches me eye.

So I click on it... and a spinning wheel of chance comes up... so I spin.  And get 94% OFF my first purchase.  Hmmmm, that sounds rather inviting.

So... I jump in.

Kinda reluctantly, cos I've avoided online sites like TEMU for a long time.  I've only ever bought things off AliExpress and TradeMe before, and even then not very often.

ABOVE:  I now wait with baited breath to see if my parcel turns up in a couple of weeks, or not.

If it does, I might just be using TEMU again.  They seem to have some very well priced things on there.

Today?  Feeling better than yesterday, which is great.

So, I'm off for a walk with Lacy this morning... will try to do me sub - 40 minutes again.

Then I will come home and get on with that Braid Runner.  NOT that I need yet another Braid Runner.  But I have to be doing something right?

I'm not really in the mood to start a bigger project, or finish off any PHD's right now.  I'm just gunna do what I enjoy.  RUNNERS.  


Lacy set the pace for our walk today, it was a bit fast!  But I kept up... JUST.

ABOVE:  I hadn't intended breaking my 'best time'....but I did by 43 seconds.  Those seconds count!
My goal now is to get under 36 minutes!  We are talking 3 seconds... just 3 seconds.
I'm sure I will do it too.  
I sure look hot and bothered!

ABOVE: This is called the calm before the storm, cos there is a stormy patch heading our way.

I'm now taking a well earned break.  Not sure if I feel like sewing today or not.
But I do know there's a load of washing waiting to go out, so I better do that.

3.30 pm:  Here we go.  The last time I weighed in at Weight Watchers was SIX WEEKS AGO.
I've been attending the meeting, just not weighing in.  I needed to reset my motivation.
I've been enjoying the lack of stress involved in standing on the scales.

But I think now is the time to get back on them.
I am going to have a gain of around .6 of a kilo by the look of it... and I'm quite happy with that.
It could have been so much worse!

Hence my Challenge to knock takeaways etc on the head.  And get some 'real' exercise.

I am LOVING our lake walks, and can't thank Lacy enough for motivating me, and being my walking buddy.

I am worried sick about what I'm going to do come summer and it's too hot for me to walk.
Stew reckons I should just use our treadmill, but it's still gunna be damn hot.

I suppose I should worry about that when the time comes eh?

OH!  Aqua classes!  Swimming.  Yeah, forgot about that.  Sorted.

Though I do believe walking is the best for me.

I'm looking like a hag, so maybe some face on before I go out would be a good idea! ONWARD...

Well!  I went up .700 grams, which is rather GOOD in the larger scheme of things.  
That's an average of 100 grams a week.
Watch this space, I'm back 'on track' and feeling very positive.

Cooking our dinner now, which is pork schnitzel and crumbed cauliflower bites.  Should be nice.
I love both.

Gosh I really love those cauliflower bites.  I've tried making them myself, but have had no luck with the two recipes I've tried. 
Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for baked cauliflower bites?  PLEASE!

And that's me for the day.  Another nice day.

DAY SIX DONE AND DUSTED

14 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Temu seems legit. It has been showing up on my Facebook for ages. I have not ordered anything though.It is now one of the top shopping websites , up there with Amazon.
    Glad you are feeling better and not coming down with some nasty sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an order with Temu a few weeks ago, couple of things for the Thermomix and , some sewing bits and bobs… turned up just under a week later, we were sent tracking advice, everything except one ( a hemming ironing thing ) pretty good quality too. I’m now trying to keep myself and Gaz off it!! I don’t think you should have any problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temu is addictive bad bad bad worse than pintrest and Facebook for getting lost in. If anything is faulty or not as advertised contact them and u normally get refund without send item back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:50 PM

    I’ve used Temu twice, both times got items that are normally triple the price in a store so I’m
    a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the walk... and well done on walking often, that's the hard part! What a beautiful place to walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:24 PM

    Three seconds is a totally realistic goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:40 PM

    Well done you 👏 what app do you use for monitoring your pace and steps?? Good on you Lacy for helping your Ma GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Could walk in the air con shopping centre again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah good idea, thank you for reminding me of that option.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Maybe make yourself a list, so you can pick an option, based on the weather.

    Walk the lake
    Your Treadmill with a good fan
    Your pool
    Pool class
    Mall walk

    I still think you should look for a senior style class, new thought - with good air conditioning.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done breaking your best time and the WW weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:21 AM

    I tried making cauliflower bites and it wasn't worth the mess and clean-up, so now I am going to look for them already prepared in the freezer section of the grocery store and see if I like them. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought a shit-load of crafting supplies from Temu for the first time and I'm very pleased with the quality, prices, and customer service if you have questions about any of the things you are ordering. My stuff came in about a week! I saved a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.