Sunday, August 27, 2023

SUNDAY AND A PICK UP

 Well there is no sleeping in today.

I'm expecting a lady to arrive mid morning to pick up her Wonky House Runner.

After she's been, Stew and I are going for a walk around the lake.

ABOVE:  We  had an unexpected visit from Steve, Bex and the boys after dinner last night.
That was lovely, as we hadn't seen them in a while.
A couple of days ago Steve felt their baby move for the first time!
So exciting.
The boys are sad they haven't felt him/her yet.  But it will happen soon enough.
They are nearly half way!

And that's all I have for now... catch ya later.

8.59 am:  I came out to the sewing room early today.

I thought about trying using more blues in the Kiwiana Braid Runners, so I wanted to see how it could look.

Luckily I've got plenty of blue fabric already cut into strips (for the 'Wavy Runners'), but as I laid them out I could see pretty quickly that it just wasn't as good as with the fabrics I've been using.

So, I've decided not to mess with a good thing, and stick to what I've been doing.

Our weather is looking decidedly iffy this morning.  There's some very dark, menacing looking sky over to the west.  Hmmm... a walk might not be on the cards ... but we shall wait and see.

We only need an hour block to get it done in.


Right, pick up is done, so we can now go walking.

But... I will leave you with a question:


ABOVE: Someone suggested I put a blue border on these runners.

I've laid out some blue... it's not stitched on yet.

STEW says HELL NO.

I am teetering on agreeing with him.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

YES, OR HELL NO! ????

DOGSTARS:  Yes it was you who made me contemplate the blue!

I did try earlier today to add more blue into the body of the runner... but it just didn't look as good as the predominantly green fabrics.

DON'T be sorry for saying  "HELL NO" by the way, I already felt it wasn't right.

ABOVE:  The weather held so we got our walk in.

We did it in 37.11 minutes, so a decent time.

I had planned on going slower, you know, to have a more leisurely walk with Stew, but no.   I'm very competitive with myself, so did my usual pace.


ABOVE: Spring is in the air, we have flowers  starting to bloom all over the place.

This tree was beautiful.


ABOVE:  So was this Whippet? Greyhound?

Very fetching I must say. (permission granted to take photos)

 

ABOVE: This was the colourful dog's companion.  Another very pretty dog.


ABOVE: All hot 'n' sweaty after me walk.  

I don't often have sweat running down my face, but lately after my walks, I have!


ABOVE:  Once we were home, I whipped up a small batch of cheese scones, which we had with a Chicken Casserole I'd cooked a couple of days ago.

That is our main meal of the day taken care of.

Now... Stew's headed out to the Hamilton Cemetery to tend his parents grave.

I am staying home to relax for a while.

The ball of my foot, where the blister was, stings a bit after a walk.  But there is no sign of any more damage.  It's just a bit sensitive still.  I'm sure it will come right soon.

Right... it's the end of the day, we are happily watching the telly till bedtime. Catch you tomorrow.

DAY 18 DONE AND DUSTED, and it really was driven home to me today.  We spent most weekends eating out!  I miss it.  I'm dreaming of the 21st of October, when this Challenge is over.  But I'm sticking with it, cos I'm not a quitter.

19 comments:

  1. Her... i reckon it's a her 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Nope.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dad, but then I'm weird and want to seen you make one just to see if it does work or not ✌️
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a hell no from me re the blue border sorry. Love the others you've been doing though. Enjoy your walk πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:51 AM

    No. I agree with Steve.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Hell no!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the one that suggested blue. And I am tending to think "No" as well. If you used more blues in the runner that would change instantly. Maybe a more "muted" blue. The green border is kind of a "muted" green, not bright green - just so you know where I am coming from.... colorwise. Pretty soon that baby will be moving non-stop! The boys will feel plenty of motion in due time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:44 PM

      Agree, more blues in runner and a more muted blue.
      Vickie

      Delete
  8. Hell no im with Stew on that one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Hell No from me. Gorgeous day here 😍 I think Steve and Bex need a girl in the family GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  10. He'll no from me with that blue....
    As Dogstars says maybe a lighter blue??
    Hope you get your lake walk in. Cloudy and overcast here, expecting rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It could work but i reckon it would have to be thinner ... the blue line

    ReplyDelete
  12. No to blue border. I am impressed with your consistency in walking and no takeaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:39 PM

    Definitely a No No from me. Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:50 PM

    And a no from me, too! Perhaps if there were more blue fabrics in the body of the runner then it might work.
    You are doing so well with your walking.
    Hope your foot feels better soon. Wendy.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dog is a Greyhound. Whippets are a "mini me" version to a Greyhound.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous2:41 AM

    Hell no to blue border lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a definite "NO" from me. Well done with your walk and challenge, no eating out. Beautiful tree full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.