Monday, August 07, 2023

SOUP ANYONE?

 Stew takes raw veges and meat to work, and microwaves it all for his lunch.

I decided to do the same thing... so I did all the vegetable prep yesterday afternoon.   Then I cooked one lot for my lunch.

It was YUK.  I didn't enjoy it at all.

So I did this:

ABOVE:  I chucked it all in the crock pot, and turned it into soup, minus the meat component.

Once it was cooked I whizzed it all up so it wasn't a lumpy soup.  
Today I will have some, with some chicken.
I am hoping it is more palatable than the microwaved veges.

Until then (lunch time), I've got all my usual Monday jobs to get done.  Then I might just.... sew something.
Cos what else am I gunna do?  


ABOVE:  I found a wall hanging the other day that I wanted hung somewhere in our home.
Stew suggested here, it being one of the only places it could possibly go.
Wall space is all taken up in other areas of the house.

ABOVE:  And there it is!  I'm rather happy how well it looks there. 

ABOVE:  This is what I've been doing this morning, apart from housework.
Hmmmm... what am I doing I wonder.

1.06 PM:  Soup.  Meh.  Not my favourite meal.  I think Stew will be having it for his dinner for the next little while!
As for me and what I'm gunna have?
I might go back to wraps.
But put LESS on them.  
I love wraps, so at least I have that option.
I might try tinned soups as well.
And yoghurt and fruit.  I just need to have unsweetened yoghurt, and not too much fruit.

Gosh, it's a constant juggling act, to find low calorie meals, that I actually like.

I'm trying to get back into the groove of 'dieting' again.  I want to be at my best come summer, so I don't die from the heat.

IF we get a summer this year that is.

5.22 pm:  And I've just been to the supermarket for stuff for wraps.  *sigh*, oh how fast money goes.
I ran into a friend of very long standing (Steve C) there, so we spent a good 10 minutes catching up on each other's lives.  That was really lovely.

Now... time to stop fluffing around the house and just relax till bedtime.  

And.... it's bedtime.  Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. How exactly does Stew do it at work? I mean - you can just put raw veggies on a plate and microwave.... can you? I hope you left some chunks in the soup. Looks like it would be tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 AM

    I wonder if a piece of plexiglass or clear plastic, about 60cm high, right along the bottom of the fence and gate will help out? She can still see through but can't get out? xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im planning a big pot of soup for Fri, getting my teeth out so it will soup soup and more soup probably until my stitches are out the following Friday. Having steak for tea tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegetable soup can be delicious but I don't think I'd like the pot you made either. I use stock from boiled up chicken bones (left over from cooked chook), fry off onion and add leeks, celery, carrots, potato, kumara or any other vegetable. I simmer until cooked and then mash with a potato masher so only some of the vegetables are mushed up. I often add curry powder, more stock (OXO chicken cubes) or a little chilli powder. It is delicious and even better the next day :) I also add cooked chicken or bacon sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Lynda I fry off stuff and I roast all my veges including garlic and blitz the lot voila roasted vege soup.
    Love that wall hanging

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays8:26 PM

    Fabulous catchup as usual
    Love the updates and also seeing the new wall hanging displayed in a new place
    Lynda’s recipe sounds delicious,may give it a try along with your one Chris.
    Won’t be long now and more school holidays so places will get busy again,


    Take care n catchup soon πŸ’―πŸ₯πŸŽΈπŸ‰

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.