Thursday, August 31, 2023

BLACK 'N' WHITE

 Well.... today is going to be all about BLACK 'N' WHITE... Braid Runners.

You know, the one colourway I was NEVER EVER going to do!!!

Ha ha ha.

They were a best seller at the last market, along with the Kiwiana Braid Runners.

So, obviously I'm going to make more.

And I have to admit, they are rather lovely.

I had to find a new fabric for the centre piece, as I'd run out of what I'd used before.

I finally settled on this:

ABOVE: It will stand out nicely.

I thought about putting a little black Kiwi/Fish or Fern on it, but I really don't think it needs anything else.  It's quite 'loud' enough!


ABOVE:  These 4 that I have laid out already all have NZ Ferns as one of the strips.  So a little bit Kiwi-fied.

ABOVE:  A lot of backache went into cutting all those freakin' strips out!

But... now it's done and I can just get on with sewing them all together.

I will have to take a trip to Spotlight some time today, I'm just about out of Batting and backing fabric.  

Last day of AUGUST!  The months are just speeding by!  Before you know it I'll be hitting my birthday in October, and officially becoming 'OLD' !!!  My God I don't feel almost 65.  

It's kinda weird remembering my Dad passed away at 66, and I thought he was old back then.

Now days OLD is 80+.  I hope I'm still here, blogging away, when I'm 80+.  Can you imagine that?  lol

And that is me for now.  Catch ya later.




ABOVE:  Our little girl Marley, doing what Marley does.  She's rather adorable, and silly.



REALLY BAD HEADACHE ... had one for three days now.  So not doing anything much.  Even hurts to move me eyes!  Lack of sleep. A bit of stress.  Nothing major.  Just life and what it throws at ya sometimes.  Just feeling sad.

4.50 pm:  Well after taking 6 Panadol over the course of the day, I'm finally starting to feel better.
I ventured into the sewing room this afternoon and did this:

ABOVE: One Black 'n' White runner top made.
It can wait until tomorrow to be quilted and bound.  I'm done. 
Oh and yeah, I ain't got any more black fabric for the binding, and no way in hell am I going out on the roads now!  It's far too late to get to Spotlight before they close, with the rush hour traffic out there.

Well the headache has not really gone, so I'm going to take some more Panadol and just have the usual quiet evening.

Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 22 DONE AND DUSTED
It's getting easier and easier,
though I am looking forward to PIZZA 
on my Birthday!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I have to drive almost an hour to get to a very good quilt shop with lots of fabric.

    I was there yesterday, picking up specific things to finish current two quilts.

    Paying at register, was looking around at quilts hanging on walls. I noticed runners, they said I could take photos.

    Emailed 4 photos to you.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those black colour themes see I was right there great we ALL BLACKS at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marley your such a cute little Goober lol and there's Coco standing guard lol
    Your next black and white one looks like it's going to be interesting when it's done
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Maybe she's doing dog yoga or getting ready for summer in the pool πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ GM πŸ’™ πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She HATES being in the pool. Sad really, cos it's a great way for them to cool off.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Marley looks like she has an itchy back....lol....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't, she does it all the time and has since she was a puppy. Coco does it too, but at a lesser degree.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:51 PM

      So cute....Peta

      Delete
  6. Hope you can get that headache under control. Close those eyes and rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Hi I love all your runners, I really like the black ones too...seems like Lynda was onto a good idea...lol..Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that combination of Black & White especially with the outline you have put on it. Oh Marley would nobody give your belly a scratch.
    Southgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:47 PM

    Just had an idea for another runner when I spotted the tiger stripes in the black and white one. How about an animal print runner with tiger rides leopard spots, zebra and giraffe markings ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shish! I've got enough going on right now!!! Nice idea though.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Love the new black/white one. Beautiful.

    Got your note, glad the runner pix came thru ok.

    I may have mentioned this before, have you checked with long arm quilters in your area to see what they do with the extra batting? I ask for mine back, but not everyone does. My long arm quilter has a room full of it, all right size for your type of projects.

    Also they often need paid/help with quilts (mending, binding, etc.). So if you are interested, might be work available. Either way, good connection for you.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.