Sunday, August 13, 2023

I CHANGE MY MIND. A LOT!

 A couple of months ago (if not longer), I decided I wanted a spa pool.

Cos I was freezing all the time, and I thought being able to soak in a spa pool would be WONDERFUL.

So I went out looking at Spa Pools.  And realised they were damn expensive.

Like, I should have known that, having bought one in Auckland, Right? 

So I 'adjusted' my thinking to ... let's get a BATH put in the house.  Same sorta thing, I can lie in it and warm up, soak, relax... bla bla bla.

A couple of days ago my thoughts started wandering to WHY I was getting a bath.

And I realised I still actually wanted a friggin spa pool!

Cos to fill the bath would totally empty our hot water cylinder every time I had a bath, and it would cool down and need topping up again while I was still in it.  Also, Stew would NEVER ever use the bath, so it would only ever be for me.

IF we got a spa though, Stew would use it, and it wouldn't drain the hot water cylinder.  And it would be an enjoyable thing we could do together.  (minds out of the gutter thanks!)

And spas do not cost an arm and a leg to keep running.  (about $10 a week) from memory.

So... yeah.

We are now going back to look at Spa Pools again.

I'm looking at getting one by mid summer, in time for next winter.  Though of course, a spa can be used year round.

We have the perfect place for a spa too...  I spent a bit of time yesterday re-arranging the sun room to be sure we had room for a spa.


ABOVE:  I brought the brown couch up from the bottom half of the sun room.... and...


ABOVE:  There ya go!  Room for a smallish, 2-4 person spa.  I'll have to check with Steve that the flooring will take the weight of a spa, but I'm fairly sure it will be fine.  IF not, I will rearrange the gym room, and put some of the gym equipment in the bottom part of the sun room, then the spa can go in the gym room.

I'm relieved I didn't rip, shit and bust and go get the bath right away!  

Cos that would have been my usual modus operandi!  

Sometimes it's good to just take ya time and think on it for a bit.  Glad I did this time.

Today?  ROAD TRIP.

I better pack our lunch!  NOT BUYING ANYTHING.  Doing my Challenge remember!


Gosh the things ya dream about.  I spent a lot of time last night dreaming about our future Grandbaby... and it falling into the spa pool!  
So dumb.  I will get a heavy, insulated lid for the pool, and it will be totally safe for the baby!

We will be looking at spa pools today.  But not here in Hamilton.  The spa pool shop we want to look in, here in Hamilton, is not open on Sundays.  

So once we have been to 'P', we will go to Botany in Auckland to look at spas.

ABOVE: FOGGY start to our day. 

So we are in Pukekohe. Visiting a Quilt Exhibition. It is a fairly small exhibition, but still lovely. 

ABOVE: My absolute favorite quilt here.  Stunning. Totally ME.

ABOVE : Thrre are 3 merchants here... but not a lot of fabric for sale. I did find a small selection to purchase... went totally outside my comfort zone with my selection too. I'm seeing a gold 'n' pink braid runner coming up. 😅😆

ABOVE: An early lunch before checking out spa pools in Botany.

Right.  Hot Spring Spas.  WAY WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!  They seem to have more than  DOUBLED in price since we bought our last one (back in 2011) !  I was shocked at how much they are now.  The one we paid around $10,000 for back then is now $23,000 !

So... we will shop around and see what other ones are on the market, at a more affordable price.

On our way out of Auckland, we stopped for a walk around the Botanical Gardens (where we used to live 6.6 years ago).
It was lovely to wander in one of our favourite spots again.






ABOVE: It was neat to see the eels again.
I do wonder if they are the same eels?   Because eels can live up to 100 years, they might be the same ones! 

ABOVE: This area is named The Rock Gardens, and is probably our favourite spot in the Gardens.

It is almost 3 pm and we are safely home again.  And now, we look forward to the kids coming over and cooking our dinner.  How lucky can ya get?  😋😊

One thing I did find rather weird was wrapping my head around the fact that we were going to Auckland, but were not going to have a meal 'out'.
I don't  think we have ever done that before.  Usually we go to somewhere nice and have a bought lunch. 
It didn't bother me too much, as I know I'm not missing out on much. 
And after my Challenge is over I will appreciate the odd meal out more.
I just don't want them to become as frequent as they had become lately.

OMG dinner was DELICIOUS!  Steve sure knows how to make Lasagna.
It was nice to catch up with Steve, Bex and boys.  
They've left now, and Stew and I are doing our usual nightly routine.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY FOUR DONE AND DUSTED

15 comments:

  1. You have a gorgeous spot for your future spa near windows. Fun to see stars at night while sitting in it. I hope the floor will support the weight, water is quite heavy, that is good you have an alternate spot too. Have you thought of putting the spa outdoors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had an outdoor spa - up in Auckland. I did not like it out there at all. It limited my use of it due to weather. Yes we could have covered it I suppose, but meh, didn't. We do not have the room outside to put a spa, without mucking up the outdoor seating area by the pool.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Is that the part of the floor that used to be a porch and has nothing under it and you think makes the house cold?

    Can all of that be addressed somehow, and solved in one go?

    Like the spa sets on the ground so it is “sunken”? And the floor sets on top of it so you lift when you want to use it?

    I have seen spas on decks where they are on the ground, under the deck and the decking lifts.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm... I don't think we will be cutting the decking up somehow! I am pretty sure it can sit on top of the decking. We had a spa pool in Palmerston North that was set into the decking! It was really nice, till it wasn't. Old, smelly and it went due to us having two babies (Brylee and Griffin) who I was constantly worried would fall into it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:04 AM

    i had to look up spa pools as I had no idea what they looked like. And now I want one!
    Question: Since the water is warm, what about humidity and dampness being brought into the house? Is that an issue with indoor installations? Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our sunroom is actually an enclosed deck. When we take up that carpet rug it's just decking... so it will be airated in that area. Technically the spa won't be inside the actual house. So I'm not worried about dampness etc.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:41 PM

      Got it. I hope your shopping expedition for a spa goes well. I love the new fabric. So bright!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:58 AM

      Is there a drain in the garage floor? Or does it slope to the driveway? Would that be a better location in general?
      Vickie

      Delete
  4. Spa Pool sounds delightful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is just gorgeous. I can see you making something like that.
    I hope you find your perfect spa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you thought about an inflateable spa pool,that can be taken down and put back up when you want. They are way cheaper.I believe the warehouse sells them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:45 AM

    23K is an insane amount of money. My friend has an inflatable hot tub....I was never in it but saw it filled and working and it looked pretty nice. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, to sit in a spa pool.... how heavenly. And, I see you are quilting. I did until it got to painful for my hands. I love to do the quilting part by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Try EcoSpa, they are in Auckland and do free delivery. We got one and they are great :)
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.